Nokia Networks Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2015
Updated Apr 10, 2015

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nokia Networks (Budapest (Hungary)) in June 2014.

Interview

At the first time I had to write some tests. There was a general test with questions about logic, programming and C language. There were other kind of tests too, eg. test about telecommunication, JAVA and C++. About two weeks later I had a personal interview, where there was a logical task, I had to write a short code in C and then software testing questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• The logical task was the next: You have 9 balls, equally big, equally heavy, except for one, which is a little heavier. You have to find the heavier ball with the help of a twin-pan balance, such that you use the balance as less as possible! How many times will you use the balance, and how will you do it?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nokia Networks (Budapest (Hungary)) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview consists of two parts: First part is test writing and second part is face to face interview with engineers and Line Managers.

The test is about Telco, programming, and logic.

The presonal interview can be quite long (mine was 2,5 hours long). It starts with a little chat with the interviewers (some sort of warm-up questions). After this the technical part consists of several logic tasks and coding tasks. Telecommunication knowledge is a plus.

Negotiation

Telecommunications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nokia Networks (Irving, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Got called to setup a face-to-face interview after meeting with some recruiters at a university career fair two months earlier and submitting an application online.

Interview was 3-to-1, fairly easy behaviorial questions (there aren't any technical), the atmosphere was calm and the interviewers were friendly. Two guys were older employees and the third was a new hire that had been working there for about two months.

After the interview, they talked about what I could expect on the job, travel, different teams, etc. As a bonus, I got invited to stick around after a tour of the labs and the building to attend a company social that was occurring that day to meet some of my possible coworkers and to get a feel of what my work environment would be like.

Everything happened fairly quickly, after the interview I got feedback the next day from the recruiter. HR sent me a bunch of pre-screening forms (background check, drug test) and applications. Within a week I received my offer.

Interview Questions

• All behaviorial, just prepare to talk about yourself, look over the typical questions and you'll do great.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't really one. I got pretty much what I asked for.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nokia Networks (Athens (Greece)) in March 2015.

Interview

The recruitment process was as a first step an assesment session on some basic knowledge of programming and network knowledge. Then if you pass this stage, you are called for a first interview line managers. The interview lasted half an hour and was very demanding. Finally if you pass this stage you go to an interview with hr manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a flaw that you are trying to improve and how you improve it.   Answer Question

New Graduate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nokia Networks (Irving, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

They just ask you some personality questions to see if you are good fit. Mine was a skype interview so 3 people were in a room asking me some generic interview questions. This was not a test of your knowledge by any means. They didn't seem to care if you knew pretty much anything as to how telecom networks work.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nokia Networks (Bangalore (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

Written (Verbal,Logical Reasoning and C),Technical Interview and HR each process are eliminating round.
    Get your C language basic clear.Data Structure was the favorite topic of panel prepare thoroughly.
    Written exam was 85 mins
    1.Verbal 10 question 10 mins
    2.Logical Reasoning 35 question 40 mins
    3.C 30 question 35 mins

Interview Questions

• Implement user defined function for strcmp library function?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Nokia Networks (Bangalore (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

Written test, in written test there will be 3 question on core java, not collections. 3 questions are programs, you need to write logic using core java, questions on exceptions, Threads, this part you should finish in 50 minutes. Another part is logic programs, for this you will be having 40m minute. Both parts will be available at time, but you need to finish second logic part first, otherwise application will will close session for it.

Interview Questions

• Write a program to convert number N of base X to number of base Y.   1 Answer
    • Two people are depositing a money at a time to a same account. You should implement it in given thread class with synchronization and run test case to verify it.   1 Answer
    • Custom Exception implementations we need to know, question on Enumerations. Playing card program on enumerations   2 Answers

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Nokia Networks (Athens (Greece)) in February 2015.

Interview

The hiring process in Nokia is consisted of three stages. In the first stage there is a test and a team assesment. In the second stage there is an interview and in the third stage there is a benefit interview.

Interview Questions

• 1)First stage:75 multiple choice questions in 75 minutes.
      a)First 25 questions:choose between Java or C.
      b)Second 25 questions: unix/bash programming
      c)Last 25:TCP/IP networking.

Answer Question
    • OOP questions about inheritance, polymorphism, encapsulation etc.   Answer Question
    • Projects you have worked on   Answer Question
    • Memory management. Malloc, heap, stack   Answer Question

Customer Documentation Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Nokia Networks (Athens (Greece)).

Interview

I applied through the company website, sent my CV and a cover letter. I was contacted to proceed to the first stage of the hiring process (group interview + written test of 1h30min) and asked to send an essay prior to that. Moved on to the second interview on 1:1 basis and never got a response on behalf of the HR team. Overall, very long process and lack of follow-up.

Interview Questions

• Name 3 positive and 1 negative trait of your personality.   Answer Question

Software Tester Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Nokia Networks.

Interview

Assesment test. Java/Linux&Bash/TCP/IP. Moving on to technical interview, about an hour. Questions ranged from core fundamentals of a language you said you are familiar with, background and some easy Telecommunication questions. Lastly, they conducted an interview with HR stuff and other managers. They were looking for confident and logical individuals.