Nokia Networks

224 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Nokia Networks in April 2009.

Interview Details – The interview itself is not very difficult, it depends much on the skills of the hiring manager and how well versed they are in terms of proper interviewing. however, it is not that difficult for a candidate with the right skills. the challenging part is the assessment center if the position you are applying for is a managerial position. I had to undertake a day long assessment that luckily went well and I got hired but I would not be able to give any advice on this one except be yourself and prepare a little for the ability tests (verbal and numerical).

Interview Question – assessment center   Answer Question

RF Engineer Interview

RF Engineer
Irving, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nokia Networks in May 2013.

Interview Details – I went through a phone interview first and then got a second in person I interview. The phone interview was technical but the in person interview was way more technical. I was always answering questions on the board about different circuits and they asked me questions about Smith charts as well.

Interview Question – Frequency response of different electronic components.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Arlington Heights, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nokia Networks in April 2013.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview which basically consisted of talking about my projects, some C++ questions, and data structures.

Onsite interview consisted of talking to 3 engineers and 1-2 managers. Everybody was pretty friendly except one engineer that seemed anti-social and very monotone. It almost seemed like he hated me from the moment he stepped in the door.

2 of the engineers had about 100 questions printed out on paper. Some of them repeated each other. So it could be that they weren't very well prepared and got them from the same source. The questions were simple and you either knew the answer or you didn't. There was a few coding questions on the whiteboard.

Interview Question – Some very high level questions that a customer would worry about. It was difficult for me to get the answer from a programmers perspective.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Got a better offer elsewhere

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Irving, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Nokia Networks in April 2013.

Interview Details – There were 3 interviews- 2 on the phone and 1 in person at their facility in Irving, Texas. The first phone interview with a friend of the manager I am working for now. He asked questions to get to know me and my accomplishments. Then to try to understand what I wanted to do. The next interview was a technical phone interview with the manager I am working for now. He asked me technical questions about my resume. Most questions focused on little details of the C/C++ programming language. The last f2f interview I traveled to their facility in Irving Texas. They paid for my hotel stay and gas. I met the friend of the manager and we had informal talk about the group and what they did. I asked him question about how I could succeed with the group, etc. Then before I knew it, he started talking about bonuses and salary.

Interview Question – C/C++ programming question such as left and right shift of bits. Which has precedence over the other right shift or the and logical operator? And some compiler questions and how it handles the code.   Answer Question

Fort Worth, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nokia Networks in May 2010.

Interview Details – The process was easy and straightforward. I received an offer with a week. I was able to start quickly after the interview process. I was also told about the growth opportunities. Once I accepted the offer the onboarding process was easy. I received the documents and completed them all electronically.

Interview Question – No specific questions were difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing out of the ordinary.

Electro Mechanical Engineer Interview

Electro Mechanical Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at Nokia Networks.

Interview Details – Was contacted by the HR. Asked to schedule a phone interview. Interview lasted for about an hour. Started off with a HR round and then technical ones. inquired about my background. Told me about the company and the interview process and would gat back soon. After a long long time gave me a reject.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Irving, TX

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Nokia Networks in August 2012.

Interview Details – They had contact me for a phone interview. Two people interviewed me for about 30 minutes.Completely technical. Asked me questions related to my RF projects.

They took a lot of time to inform their decision.

Interview Question – Some questions related to the LNA design.   Answer Question

Irving, TX

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Nokia Networks in October 2011.

Interview Details – Got a phone call first and was selected the very same day and scheduled an on-site interview.
On-site interview consisted of two technical interviews and one HR interview.
The technical interview was 2:1 and questions were asked related to my previous job and RF transceiver design.
Be prepared with LNA design and PA design along with entire Receiver design theory.

Interview Question – There was a question on BJT working and design   View Answer

Solutions Sales Analyst Interview

Solutions Sales Analyst
Irving, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Nokia Networks in January 2009.

Interview Details – Obtained the interview through a staffing agency...it was the NAM manager and other regional managers on the line, and I had to create and link formulas, pivot tables, etc. Environment is laxed, floating cubicles, and many many conference calls!

Interview Question – Create formulas with the data provided, link worksheets, and create pivot tables with the data.   Answer Question

Thermal Engineer Interview

Thermal Engineer
Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Nokia Networks in October 2010.

Interview Details – the HR emailed and a telephonic interview was set up for a suitable time.
the interview went on for 30 min. There was 2 persons from the company side.
Few HR questions were asked and mostly the question were based on the resume. They asked me to explain all the projects which I had mentioned in m resume.

Interview Questions