Nokia Networks

Relevance Date Difficulty

Solution Engineer Interview

Solution Engineer
Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Nokia Networks in August 2010.

Interview Details – Initially have to go through aptitude test- which was a bit easy as compared to wipro and TCS, then they take GD in a group of 10- with almost 300 people competing, then had to go through the 2 rounds of technical interview, then HR interview. For experienced candidates the interview processis simple-only one round of technical interview which may last for and hour or two, then an HR interview round.

Interview Question – Why you want to leave your current organization and what you are going to give to Nokia Solutions and Networks.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I joined as a fresher so we were already told the initial package and no negotiation took place.

Test Engineer Interview

Test Engineer
Kraków (Poland)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Nokia Networks in April 2013.

Interview Details – 1. Direct sending a CV (and cover letter; not always required) to company recruiting team or sending CV to person already working for the company and he/she will forward it to recruiting team.
2. Phone pre-screening and after positive verification of basic telecommunications knowledge ...
3. ... an interview in the company premises followed by the HR panel.

Interview Question – Team of interviewers is very skilled and has enormous knowledge about telecommunication and programming field. Many questions were tricky and detailed. I recommend not to over-rate your knowledge and be honest in pre-interview questionnaire - everything you put there will be checked. However, interviewers are really nice and try to lead you to good conclusions - this way they also check your ability of deduction and thinking out of the box.
HR questions are pretty standard and one can easily prepare himself to answer most of them doing some "googling" before the HR pannel.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was happy with the offer, it was better than I expected.

Software Architect Interview

Software Architect
Budapest (Hungary)

I interviewed at Nokia Networks in June 2013.

Interview Details – Applied for the job after working for 2 years as subcontractor. Didn't have to fill in tests or attend interviews. Just continued working as before. I have already proved my abilities during the time we worked together and this ensured that my attitude is going to positively influence the overall morale and productivity of the group.

Interview Question – Create a Galton box implementation following the OO principles.   Answer Question

R&D Line Manager Interview

R&D Line Manager
Budapest (Hungary)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nokia Networks in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied on our internal webpage. Invited to interview after two weeks.
The hiring process started with a written exercise on a hypotethical escalation situation. Than a one hour long discussion on hypothetical situations.

Interview Question – There was none, I had the feeling that everything goes based on sympathy.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I got a fixed proposal.

Test Engineer and Integration & Verification Engineer Interview

Test Engineer and Integration & Verification Engineer
Wrocław (Poland)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nokia Networks in July 2013.

Interview Details – I was expected to be interviewed for I&V Engineer as it was discussed with the HR Lady. When I arrived to the company I was informed that I will be interviewed to 3-5 teams by quite many people. Fortunately there were 4 of them only and only 3 different teams. They came to intervie me even after I told to HR, that I'm not interested to work in their departments and with their technologies. This was pretty confusing and I should quit the interview immediately. Unfortuately I stayed. I was asked questions related to different fields and topics. I got the feeling that I'm in some quiz show and started looking for hidden cam. The whole process was odd. I just stopped answering questions and stopped discussing. Just wanted to finish the interview and go home. I know that I failed it, however I've got the information that even if they not decide to employ me, they will let me know about that in 2 weeks. They didn't sent any information. And after a month I've got questionaire from NSN to give them feedback about the process. And that was the only positive thing. I wanted to learn something.
I was working for NSN previously and was headhunted for the interview I'm describing. They've just reminded me why I left them. They are treating people like kids in primary school.

Interview Question – none, the problem was that they were shooting questions related to completely different things. The questoins weren't even related to each other.   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Project Engineer
Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Nokia Networks.

Interview Details – I was informed from a senior management team to be at Gurgaon for an F2F interview. It was good. Started with some basics and fundamentals on Telecom Implementation. After that there was some analysis/viewpoint asked on some ongoing cases and concluded with conv on Salary expectation

Interview Question – Why you think that you are best one for this position?   View Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Nokia Networks in April 2014.

Interview Details – There were two rounds of interviews in First Round they asked Qns on Core-Java Fundamentals,Threads,Collections , Algorithms then follwed by 2 puzzles.
In 2nd Round they asked Qn on again Core-Java,Servlets,Algorithms-sorting and searching, Stack implementation, then 3 puzzles.

Interview Question – Many puzzles asked like in 2 rounds i was asked 5 puzzles.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was normal , I got as per expected.

Java Developer Interview

Java Developer

Interviewed at Nokia Networks

Interview Details – They started with asking core java , jsp, servelts, JDBC, spring n hibernated

Interview Question – performance tuning on tomcat   Answer Question

Information Developer Interview

Information Developer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Nokia Networks in July 2012.

Interview Details – It was a tough grill. But since i am from Technical Writing dept., most of the questions were based on English and writing skills.

Interview Question – I gave answers to all the questions.   Answer Question

Logistics Coordinator for Assam & North-east Interview

Logistics Coordinator for Assam & North-east
Guwahati (India)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Nokia Networks in December 2010.

Interview Details – 1st telephonic, 2 times face to face, presentation, skill test

Interview Question – presentation for logistics and supply chain planning and process for material ordering to delivery with documentation part   Answer Question