Nokia Networks

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

RF Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Nokia Networks in March 2009.

Interview Details – That was not very well organized

Interview Question – Expected salary level   Answer Question

Irving, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nokia Networks in May 2013.

Interview Details – I went through a phone interview first and then got a second in person I interview. The phone interview was technical but the in person interview was way more technical. I was always answering questions on the board about different circuits and they asked me questions about Smith charts as well.

Interview Question – Frequency response of different electronic components.   Answer Question

RF Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nokia Networks.

Interview Details – It will be three round or most often two rounds of technical interview followed by HR Discussion. The Technical rounds depends on the project or sometimes in general which is very rare. Good understanding of concepts is very important. Basics is all what you need.

Interview Question – The troubleshooting in protocol layers is the most difficult part   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was not much there to be negotiated.

Rio de Janeiro (Brazil)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Nokia Networks in July 2012.

Interview Details – Sent my resume and got the position. No hiring process.

Interview Question – No questions. Just resume approval.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

RF Engineer

Interview Details – Interview was conducted on phone. Was asked to explain everything from my resume. Difficulty level:medium

Dhaka (Bangladesh)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Nokia Networks in May 2012.

Interview Details – Online application with CV, Photograph and your professor's forwarding and recommendation letter. Then they will evaluate your CGPA, experience, concentration of study. Then they will e-mail you, also contact you in your cell-phone. Then they will call up you for a written test. If you succeed then they will give a nod to present yourself in an oral interview and presentation. Presentation will be based on your knowledge of telecommunication industry and its latest trends and developments.

Interview Question – What is the cost of upgrading a telecom network of 500000 subscribers from GSM to 3G technology?   Answer Question

Chandigarh (India)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Nokia Networks in April 2010.

Interview Details – Generally in interview by NSN two rounds are there:

- Technical: Basic knowledge of Computer Networking(OSI, TCP/IP Model, Layers Description) and Telecommunication( GSM/UMTS/LTE).

-HR: HR round is simple just they ask question about your family and your background, your achievements, hobbies.

Interview Question – Describe basic Call Flow of GSM/UMTS ?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – Negotiations:

For freshers: prefer to get On-Role position rather than Off-Role Position.
For Experienced: negotiation can be done on Job Grade.

Warsaw (Poland)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Nokia Networks in December 2011.

Interview Details – Comprehensive questioning about my skills related to the position offered. The interviewer was a Team Leader, prospective direct supervisor, the skills sought matched very good my profile. The position they have opened was for RF Engineer - contractor with fixed term length.

Interview Question – what would you do if you're a manager/team leader, and you face the following problem..........   View Answers (2)

Reason for Declining – low salary

Interviews for Top Jobs at Nokia Networks

Worked for Nokia Networks? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nokia Networks RF Engineer interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Nokia Networks employees and interview candidates.