Nokia Networks Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2015

2.8

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Nokia Networks.

Interview

It's quite easy for me. I worked at Motorola before and Motorola networks was acquired by Nokia networks in 2011. After that, I transferred to Nokia networks. I didn't even change office but change the company.

Other Interview Reviews for Nokia Networks

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Nokia Networks in November 2014.

Interview

It was a scheduled interview. The guy was expecting the answer he knew, and not what we tell. He had least respect, and was attending the calls during the interview!

Interview Questions

• Is SLL palindrome or not? Reverse of words in a string. Virtual function concepts   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Nokia Networks (Bangalore (India)) in September 2014.

Interview

Two Technical + 1 Manager incl tecnical
    Mostly about C basics and C++.. Puzzles and projects.. Mostly people are helping so listen to them and then answer. Linked list, string manipulation and bit operators

Interview Questions

• From 9 9 9 9 u have to form 100, u can do any operation u want   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Nokia Networks (Bangalore (India)) in August 2014.

Interview

Am a java developer and I attend interview on 23rd Aug 2014,reach by nsn office by 10am,after long wait,they called for the first round of technical discussion.They asked most of the questions about data Structures and collections nothing else .Am bit poor writing the codes for implementing Stack and Linked List,they asked few more programs like recursion,string character occurrences and few concepts like exceptions and threads.Thats it in first round,no frame works nothing they asked.That interviewer giving very nice explanation if i will not answer a questions.He supports me very good.It took around 45 min to 1 hour.Finally he said you selected for first round just wait for second round also.

In second round after 4 hours they called and two people sit and given marker and board to explain about my project.I presented very well and so many qts about only project and some techincal things they asked,most of the qts i answered in very good manner.They felt happy and they sent me to the manager round.It takes more than 1 hour.

In Manager round some puzzles and logical qts he asked and he said that work that they are doing in nsn he explained clearly and send to HR on same day at eveninig 6pm.

HR asked all the deatils and expected compensation details i asked good but they also offered same as expected.

Interview Questions

• Data structures Stack and Queue Implementaions   2 Answers

Negotiation

While going for the interview,please verify your academic subjects like data structrure concepts becauseeven you are a java developer they will ask these type of qts

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Nokia Networks (Bangalore (India)) in January 2014.

Interview

Interview procedure was good.

The questions were tough.

Had 3 rounds of interviews with huge gaps in between which caused a lot of delay.

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Nokia Networks (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

1 round technical interview, 1 design round, 1 hr.

Interview Questions

• design round: 4 files, each size is 500 MB, you have 1 GB RAM, how will u sort all the files data and insert into a new file in a sorted order?

Rectangle is parent class, square is child class. is this relationship correct?

Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

2 interviews: intial screening, face to face interview

Interview Questions

• questions regrading bit manipulation and code optimsation( some algorithms)   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wrocław (Poland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Nokia Networks (Wrocław (Poland)) in September 2012.

Interview

No HR interview with typical questions, only an interview with four developers. This position was mainly about software design in C++, but there were no questions on software design. The interviewers seemed to be in hurry. Many questions unrelated to the position. They expect dictionary definitions as the answers.

Time and money wasting for experienced looking for a better paid job. It takes them extremely long time to make and inform their final decision, you have to ask them for that from time to time. Rude interviewers. Unprofessional and _no_reimbursement_.

Interview Questions

• Testing techniques (black-box, white-box, regression, unit testing - they expect the answer from the book, not from your experience and the real-world programming), testing strategies (not assertions, mocking and so on... but answer as it is defined in one of the books they have probably read before).   Answer Question
    • Implement an algorithm to find balance point of the array. Proposed one, with average complexity of O(N-1) but it seems they were looking for another one solution (which I have found on Stackoverflow later).   Answer Question
    • What's wrong with this code (they were looking for "exact answer from the book" not what you can observe in the particular code example).   Answer Question
    • What is polymorphism (in-deep question (vtables, vptrs implementation details) with example on whiteboard, marking as virtual in base and not-marking as virtual in derived - what would happen)?   Answer Question
    • What comes along with copy-constructor? (Silly question, correct answer is assignment operator). Plus standard questions on memory leaks, mutex and semaphore, difference between stack and heap, overloading of operator new, etc. No questions on "advanced" C++ features like templates.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Nokia Networks (Bangalore (India)) in June 2010.

Interview

I had two round of technical interview and then one HR interview.

In technical interview, they asked about my current work and basic OOPS concepts, data structure questions and an puzzle.

Interview Questions

• Find nth node from last in a given linked list.   Answer Question
    • What is Polymorphism in OOPS? different types of polymorphism.   Answer Question

They were delaying the offer letter for some reason, meanwhile I accepted some other offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nokia Networks (Bangalore (India)) in April 2010.

Interview

Mostly candidates will be called for the Initial round after a rough sorting of resume internally. Preferences will be given for candidates with telecom background. Initial round will be telephonic which they'll primarily concentrate in determining what sort of work you are currently involved with and your proficiency in that. Then if they are satisfied, they'll ask some technical questions just to ensure you can be ramped up in their project quickly.

Once shortlisted in the first-round, you'll be called for a F2F round where you'll be grilled on your skill set and telecom domain expertise. The interviewers mostly don't mind the relevance of experience in the domain as long the domain is telecom. Sometimes if the interviewers don't have the required expertise in a particular, another expert will be called. Its professional in that aspect.

Then the third round is a managerial round, where the manager of the product for which you've been interviewed will have an discussion with you. This can be technical depending on the manager. But mostly its a discussion to get a feel of your expectations/attitude sort of stuff.

If everything goes fine, HR will get in touch with you and discuss regarding compensation and will send offer letter.

DISCLAIMER:
    This is a personal experience and should not be considered as a general format.
    Interview experiences are purely subjective.

Negotiation

Negotiation is a crucial part as you've wont get a proper hike for the Initial year. So discuss thoroughly with any inside sources what the current salary offered for your experience and skill set and get a acceptable package and then proceed with your negotiations. A joining bonus can also be negotiated.