Nokia Networks Software Engineer Interview Questions

2.9

28 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Nokia Networks in April 2013.

There were 3 interviews- 2 on the phone and 1 in person at their facility in Irving, Texas. The first phone interview with a friend of the manager I am working for now. He asked questions to get to know me and my accomplishments. Then to try to understand what I wanted to do. The next interview was a technical phone interview with the manager I am working for now. He asked me technical questions about my resume. Most questions focused on little details of the C/C++ programming language. The last f2f interview I traveled to their facility in Irving Texas. They paid for my hotel stay and gas. I met the friend of the manager and we had informal talk about the group and what they did. I asked him question about how I could succeed with the group, etc. Then before I knew it, he started talking about bonuses and salary.

Interview Questions
  • C/C++ programming question such as left and right shift of bits. Which has precedence over the other right shift or the and logical operator? And some compiler questions and how it handles the code.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nokia Networks

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington Heights, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington Heights, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nokia Networks in April 2013.

Had a phone interview which basically consisted of talking about my projects, some C++ questions, and data structures.

Onsite interview consisted of talking to 3 engineers and 1-2 managers. Everybody was pretty friendly except one engineer that seemed anti-social and very monotone. It almost seemed like he hated me from the moment he stepped in the door.

2 of the engineers had about 100 questions printed out on paper. Some of them repeated each other. So it could be that they weren't very well prepared and got them from the same source. The questions were simple and you either knew the answer or you didn't. There was a few coding questions on the whiteboard.

Interview Questions
    • Some very high level questions that a customer would worry about. It was difficult for me to get the answer from a programmers perspective.   Answer Question

Got a better offer elsewhere

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens (Greece)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens (Greece)

Initially you are invited for an assessment (3 multiple choice tests on programming, networking and unix and a group excercise). If you pass the assessment you are invited for a technical interview and then again, if you are successful you are invited for the last interview which is with HR and a couple of managers.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nokia Networks in July 2014.

Very good and should be good in problem solving and good knowledge in data structures.
    Add on benefit if you know java and C Language.
    you will be having written and 2 technical rounds followed by Hr Round.
    Pay Package is good.

first round written test
    second round tech interview
    third round HR interview
    written round had technical questions aptitude and verbal
    In technical interview they were more concentrated on Digital communication and CCN
    they also asked questions from Operating systems and C programming
    from CCN questions like OSI layers, IP protocol
    from digital communication questions like APSK, QPSK etc
    from operating system questions like scheduling methods, segmentation etc
    from C questions about structures etc

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nokia Networks.

I was applying from a recruitment agency and have trival phone screening and 1:1 interview just to check if I meet a minimal level of comptence.

Then the interview at the company was with a bunch of interested line managers. They asked general IT questions like "what is unit testing, module testing? what design patterns do you know?", as well as specific C++ question: "what is polymorphism? what is virtual inheritance?". Then I had to write small code like Fibonacci numbers or simple shell script. They responded few days after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Virtual inheritance in C++, because it is very rarely used.   Answer Question
    The offer wasn't negotiable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

interviewed at Nokia Networks in March 2013.

-Test in paper (it consist oflogical, technical and network part)
    -Interview in oral
    -Job offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nokia Networks in December 2012.

It starts with a test. After it there is a oral test with the test of knowledge of languages.
    Final state is the discussion of details of contract and position.

Interview Questions
    • Mistakes during oral interview is really critical. You don't have opportunity to chose your position.   Answer Question
    The company is improving. It provides safe future.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Nokia Networks.

Hired me through referral drive

Yes u can

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nokia Networks in November 2012.

Candidates are shortlisted based on the selection test.There was TECH and HR interview