Nokia Networks

Average Difficulty
28 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Arlington Heights, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nokia Networks in April 2013.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview which basically consisted of talking about my projects, some C++ questions, and data structures.

Onsite interview consisted of talking to 3 engineers and 1-2 managers. Everybody was pretty friendly except one engineer that seemed anti-social and very monotone. It almost seemed like he hated me from the moment he stepped in the door.

2 of the engineers had about 100 questions printed out on paper. Some of them repeated each other. So it could be that they weren't very well prepared and got them from the same source. The questions were simple and you either knew the answer or you didn't. There was a few coding questions on the whiteboard.

Interview Question – Some very high level questions that a customer would worry about. It was difficult for me to get the answer from a programmers perspective.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Got a better offer elsewhere

Irving, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Nokia Networks in April 2013.

Interview Details – There were 3 interviews- 2 on the phone and 1 in person at their facility in Irving, Texas. The first phone interview with a friend of the manager I am working for now. He asked questions to get to know me and my accomplishments. Then to try to understand what I wanted to do. The next interview was a technical phone interview with the manager I am working for now. He asked me technical questions about my resume. Most questions focused on little details of the C/C++ programming language. The last f2f interview I traveled to their facility in Irving Texas. They paid for my hotel stay and gas. I met the friend of the manager and we had informal talk about the group and what they did. I asked him question about how I could succeed with the group, etc. Then before I knew it, he started talking about bonuses and salary.

Interview Question – C/C++ programming question such as left and right shift of bits. Which has precedence over the other right shift or the and logical operator? And some compiler questions and how it handles the code.   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Nokia Networks in July 2014.

Interview Details – Very good and should be good in problem solving and good knowledge in data structures.
Add on benefit if you know java and C Language.
you will be having written and 2 technical rounds followed by Hr Round.
Pay Package is good.

Interview Question – No difficult question asked.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Nokia Networks

Interview Details – first round written test
second round tech interview
third round HR interview
written round had technical questions aptitude and verbal
In technical interview they were more concentrated on Digital communication and CCN
they also asked questions from Operating systems and C programming
from CCN questions like OSI layers, IP protocol
from digital communication questions like APSK, QPSK etc
from operating system questions like scheduling methods, segmentation etc
from C questions about structures etc

Interview Question – Private IP adress   View Answer

Chennai (India)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Nokia Networks in June 2012.

Interview Details – frist round written second - gd and then technical round after that personal interview

Interview Question – how can you find a defective ball box from the ten ball box when you have electronic weighting mechine   Answer Question

Budapest (Hungary)

I interviewed at Nokia Networks in March 2013.

Interview Details – -Test in paper (it consist oflogical, technical and network part)
-Interview in oral
-Job offer

Interview Question – It was really easy.   Answer Question

Budapest (Hungary)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Nokia Networks in December 2012.

Interview Details – It starts with a test. After it there is a oral test with the test of knowledge of languages.
Final state is the discussion of details of contract and position.

Interview Question – Mistakes during oral interview is really critical. You don't have opportunity to chose your position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The company is improving. It provides safe future.

Budapest (Hungary)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nokia Networks in October 2012.

Interview Details – 1. round: fill out some tests, consitsted of 4 parts: SW testing, logical test, telecommunication and basic programming skills in java and c++.

Interview Question – in assembly language, how to solve a problem...   View Answer

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Nokia Networks in June 2009.

Interview Details – As I was recruited on college campus, there were not many difficult questions.
Usual logical questions, some on telecom domain.

There was a question where I was asked to design a Library system.

Apart from this there were the usual HR questions: SWAT analysis, give me an example of some difficult situations you faced etc..

Pretty much standard.

Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nokia Networks.

Interview Details – I was applying from a recruitment agency and have trival phone screening and 1:1 interview just to check if I meet a minimal level of comptence.

Then the interview at the company was with a bunch of interested line managers. They asked general IT questions like "what is unit testing, module testing? what design patterns do you know?", as well as specific C++ question: "what is polymorphism? what is virtual inheritance?". Then I had to write small code like Fibonacci numbers or simple shell script. They responded few days after the interview.

Interview Question – Virtual inheritance in C++, because it is very rarely used.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer wasn't negotiable.

Worked for Nokia Networks? Contribute to the Community!