Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Nokia
- Software Engineer (62)
- Senior Software Engineer (38)
- R&D Engineer (22)
- Project Manager (11)
- RF Engineer (10)
- Software Developer (10)
- Systems Engineer (9)
- Intern (8)
- R & D Engineer (8)
- Engineer (7)
- Software Test Engineer (6)
- Graduate Engineer Trainee (6)
- Engineering (6)
- Product Manager (6)
- Product Marketing Manager (5)
- Marketing Manager (5)
- Solution Engineer (5)
- IT Specialist (4)
- Specialist (4)
- Network Engineer (4)
- Technical Lead (4)
- Senior Manager (4)
- Senior Engineer (4)
- Technical Writer (4)
- RF Design Engineer (4)
- Program Manager (4)
- Manager (4)
- Telecom Engineer (3)
- Architect (3)
- Test Engineer (3)
Product Manager Interview
I applied online – interviewed at Nokia in January 2014.
Initial Phone Screen: 2 weeks after application submitted Phone Interview with would-be supervisor Onsite Interview: with four senior managers Follow-up: None. No email, phone call, or contact after in-person interview. No reimbursement for expenses incurred to travel and stay for onsite interview ($400+).
- Unexpected Dialogue: Despite having gone through two phone screenings where I was told that my qualifications were extremely unique and very well-suited to the position, one of the senior managers interviewing me onsite used the interview time to tell me that I was not qualified for the position and accused me of lying on my resume. Additionally, he argued with me over each answer I gave to a question, even if the question/answer was opinion-based. (Example: Name a product you love and an improvement you'd make right away. When I answered, I was told that my "improvement" was wrong even though the interviewer had not heard of the product in my example.) Unexpected Administrative Behavior: When the onsite interview was set-up, I was told that I'd be required to pay for my travel expenses and hotel up-front and that during my onsite interview, I'd be given reimbursement forms to fill-out and submit. *No forms were issued during my interview, so I had to follow-up with an email request. *I submitted the forms to the HR Assistant who set-up the onsite interview. *When I did not hear back from the HR Assistant or receive a reimbursement check after several weeks, I emailed to check on the status. Email bounced back, "user unknown". *When I emailed the HR Lead to check on the reimbursement status after email bounce-back, I received no response. *I still have not received a reimbursement check (over 2 months since onsite interview). Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Nokia
Product Manager InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months – interviewed at Nokia (Budapest (Hungary)) in September 2010.
Well organized process, interviews with HR and line manager. Not longer than 2 months.
- What are your weaknesses? :) Answer Question
Short and low level of flexibility.
Product Manager InterviewAccepted OfferPositive Experience
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks – interviewed at Nokia (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)) in December 2009.
so its a Matrix Organisation, so first interview was with my local functional manager... then after a week with line manager who was based elsewhere. after interview at that time we had a full day of assessment... which would be to assess how you worked with complete strangers ( other job applicants for other roles in the company) personality evaluation and problem solving skills. finally an offer if you get selected
- most difficult question was : if it was possible to achieve both Value and Volume market share simultaneously 1 Answer
not much as they have a salary bracket for each role... and they cannot move much.
Product Manager InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days – interviewed at Nokia (New Delhi (India)) in December 2008.
Spoke to my line manager first, second spoke to local manager
Product Manager InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 1+ week – interviewed at Nokia (Ulm, Baden-Württemberg (Germany)) in June 2008.
Application, Interview, Second Interview, Salary negotiation,,
- Where do you see your self in 5 years Answer Question
Product Manager InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day – interviewed at Nokia (Delhi (India)) in January 2008.
Interview consisted of one on one with two interviewers in the room. Discussion was business oriented and technical
- Nokia services team Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review