Nokia Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 6, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hungary, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Nokia (Hungary, CT) in May 2015.

Interview

The first is a test. They have questions of non language specific skills, like algorithms, and basic thinking. After that you have to complete a language specific test you choose. For example Java or C, C#. This tests requires deeper knowledge of the programming language. It also contains testing questions. There is a logic test as well. After this if you advance they call you and there comes the interview. I had to do some programming with projector, and got some basic programming language specific questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Nokia

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nokia (Chicago, IL).

Interview

2 phone screenings (30 min each) on site interview with people with different roles (Engineers, Architects, Product Managers). (3 hours long) Technical and behavioral questions. Coding exercise on the board.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They gave what i asked for.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Typically a HR phone screen followed by a technical phone screen. Then a few hours of on-site technical interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Nokia (Irving, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

There were 3 interviews- 2 on the phone and 1 in person at their facility in Irving, Texas. The first phone interview with a friend of the manager I am working for now. He asked questions to get to know me and my accomplishments. Then to try to understand what I wanted to do. The next interview was a technical phone interview with the manager I am working for now. He asked me technical questions about my resume. Most questions focused on little details of the C/C++ programming language. The last f2f interview I traveled to their facility in Irving Texas. They paid for my hotel stay and gas. I met the friend of the manager and we had informal talk about the group and what they did. I asked him question about how I could succeed with the group, etc. Then before I knew it, he started talking about bonuses and salary.

Interview Questions

• C/C++ programming question such as left and right shift of bits. Which has precedence over the other right shift or the and logical operator? And some compiler questions and how it handles the code.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Arlington Heights, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nokia (Arlington Heights, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

Had a phone interview which basically consisted of talking about my projects, some C++ questions, and data structures. Onsite interview consisted of talking to 3 engineers and 1-2 managers. Everybody was pretty friendly except one engineer that seemed anti-social and very monotone. It almost seemed like he hated me from the moment he stepped in the door. 2 of the engineers had about 100 questions printed out on paper. Some of them repeated each other. So it could be that they weren't very well prepared and got them from the same source. The questions were simple and you either knew the answer or you didn't. There was a few coding questions on the whiteboard.

Interview Questions

• Some very high level questions that a customer would worry about. It was difficult for me to get the answer from a programmers perspective.   Answer Question

Got a better offer elsewhere

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Nokia (Chicago, IL) in December 2009.

Interview

I sat in a room and various people came, asked questions, and left. The interview process was extremely informal, and the interviewers did not coordinate with each other between visits. I had 2 people (on the same team) ask me the same logic-puzzle-type problem.

Interview Questions

• A bunch of sql questions.   Answer Question
    • Logic puzzle from Die Hard (3 gal bucket, 5 gal bucket, make 4 gals)   2 Answers

Negotiation

I accepted the entry-level offer, which they later raised by about 2k. Apparently another entry-level negotiated hard, and they wanted to keep it fair for everyone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in India, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nokia (India, MS) in January 2009.

Interview

its just normal software stuff

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

on laptops multiple choice including java, ip/tcp, bash. then problem solving within a team according to a scenario where you are on mars with 15 objects and you try to go to your spaceship

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Nokia (Budapest (Hungary)) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied on career days at my university. They called me back after ten days. I took just technical tests. They were about basic programming skills, C++ and Linux. They were all hard copy. You have to write your code on the paper which is very old fashion.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Nokia.

Interview

Applied online through Nokia Networks website. Two weeks later I received a phone call inviting me to do some programming tests in Codility (3 test in 90 minutes). One week later I was invited to a personal interview (technical panel). Between two and four weeks later they make a decision (still waiting for a response)

Interview Questions

• Technical panel was conducted by two software engineers who made questions from basic to advanced level in fields like: - C/C++ - Python - Mobile technologies - Shell commands in Linux - Software development and testing   Answer Question