Nokia Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 28, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nokia (Chicago, IL).

Interview

2 phone screenings (30 min each)
on site interview with people with different roles (Engineers, Architects, Product Managers). (3 hours long)

Technical and behavioral questions. Coding exercise on the board.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They gave what i asked for.

Other Interview Reviews for Nokia

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Typically a HR phone screen followed by a technical phone screen. Then a few hours of on-site technical interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Nokia (Chicago, IL) in December 2009.

Interview

I sat in a room and various people came, asked questions, and left. The interview process was extremely informal, and the interviewers did not coordinate with each other between visits. I had 2 people (on the same team) ask me the same logic-puzzle-type problem.

Interview Questions

• A bunch of sql questions.   Answer Question
    • Logic puzzle from Die Hard (3 gal bucket, 5 gal bucket, make 4 gals)   2 Answers

Negotiation

I accepted the entry-level offer, which they later raised by about 2k. Apparently another entry-level negotiated hard, and they wanted to keep it fair for everyone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in India, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nokia (India, MS) in January 2009.

Interview

its just normal software stuff

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

on laptops multiple choice including java, ip/tcp, bash. then problem solving within a team according to a scenario where you are on mars with 15 objects and you try to go to your spaceship

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Nokia (Budapest (Hungary)) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied on career days at my university. They called me back after ten days. I took just technical tests. They were about basic programming skills, C++ and Linux. They were all hard copy. You have to write your code on the paper which is very old fashion.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cochin (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Nokia (Cochin (India)) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview was very basic.They want a thorough knowledge of the basics of programming mainly related to oops and data structure. They will also concentrate on the projects we have done and will quiz you to understand your participation in the same .

Interview Questions

• What will you if your teammate is not very helpfull ??   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

2 rounds of interview. Two managers in the 1st round ask lots of technical questions which is the most critical part. 2nd round is soft skill interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview took place in Berlin. The written interview questions were full of spelling mistakes. They didn't even bother to respond/give notice after weeks. Very unprofessional.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nokia.

Interview

There was a phone call interview with general software questions followed by a 4 hours in house interview: the first hour was an HR discussion about personality based on a previous filled in questionnaire. This was followed by 1 hour of technical c++ questions and 1 hour about the professional experience. Last hour was brain teaser.