Nokia

Average Difficulty
21 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nokia.

Interview Details – 2 phone screenings (30 min each)
on site interview with people with different roles (Engineers, Architects, Product Managers). (3 hours long)

Technical and behavioral questions. Coding exercise on the board.

Interview Question – solving coding problem   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They gave what i asked for.

Interviewed at Nokia

Interview Details – Typically a HR phone screen followed by a technical phone screen. Then a few hours of on-site technical interviews

Interview Question – What is polymorphism   Answer Question

India, MS

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Nokia in January 2009.

Interview Details – its just normal software stuff

Interview Question – all are easy ones   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Nokia in December 2009.

Interview Details – I sat in a room and various people came, asked questions, and left. The interview process was extremely informal, and the interviewers did not coordinate with each other between visits. I had 2 people (on the same team) ask me the same logic-puzzle-type problem.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I accepted the entry-level offer, which they later raised by about 2k. Apparently another entry-level negotiated hard, and they wanted to keep it fair for everyone.

Berlin (Germany)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Nokia.

Interview Details – I had applied for a position through LinkedIn. I have been contacted by one of the recruiters for codility test, after which I had an 1 hr phone call with the business owner of the team. After this I was invited to the onsite interview where I had 5 interview sessions with different people, 45-60 min in length.

Interview Question – Why sqrt(n) is the max number you check when deciding if prime   View Answer

Interviewed at Nokia

Interview Details – 2 rounds of interview. Two managers in the 1st round ask lots of technical questions which is the most critical part. 2nd round is soft skill interviews

Interview Question – Your weakness?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Nokia

Interview Details – The interview took place in Berlin. The written interview questions were full of spelling mistakes. They didn't even bother to respond/give notice after weeks. Very unprofessional.

Interview Question – The questions were ok/easy.   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Nokia in June 2012.

Interview Details – Phone screen, with technical questions (20 questions)
In person interview

Interview Questions

• Look at this code and an diagram of BST. Explain the output from these two BST search methods.   Answer Question
  • Explain OO programming terms, polymorphism, encapsulation, passing by value, by reference, etc...   Answer Question
  • Write C++ classes to implement a jig-saw puzzle game.   Answer Question
  • Create a linked list and write a method to add elements to the list. Update head as needed. How do you add elements to head.   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at Nokia.

Interview Details – There was a phone call interview with general software questions followed by a 4 hours in house interview: the first hour was an HR discussion about personality based on a previous filled in questionnaire. This was followed by 1 hour of technical c++ questions and 1 hour about the professional experience. Last hour was brain teaser.

Interview Question – usual c++ questions   Answer Question

Oulu (Finland)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Nokia in October 2008.

Interview Details – Interview and hiring was done in professional style. We were evaluated by psychologists.

Interview Question – Where will you be five years from now?   View Answer

Worked for Nokia? Contribute to the Community!