Nokia Interview Questions in Sunnyvale, CA

2.8

Visual Design Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nokia (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

Was recommended to the hiring manager by a common connection. They evaluated my portfolio and asked me to do a phone interview with the manager and head designer. Was then asked to do a short design challenge, and present it to them in a face-to-face interview.

Interview Questions

• The design challenge was quite complex, and they were good about asking critical questions about my reasoning. But honestly, getting approved by their background checkers was the most challenging part.   Answer Question

Senior Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Nokia (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

I found the job through my personal/professional network. I discussed with my hiring manager before submitting my resume to HR. HR then scheduled an on-site interview. I started by giving a presentation to the whole group on my background. The interview was most of a day (10-4) and they took me to lunch as a team. I was interviewed by about 6 people, who asked a wide variety of questions. Some basic questions about my technical background and simple coding were asked, but no significant brain teasers. The atmosphere was one of mutual respect. I felt that both parties were feeling out a personality fit as much as for technical competency.

Interview Questions

• The question that threw me off the most was "What do you want to learn in the next X years?" Not something I had thought about. Technical questions were not meant to be challenging, just checking basics.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated with HR after discussing with manager. HR was more firm on salary than manager.

Business Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nokia (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Initially was contacted by recruiter. Then had two 1:1 telephone interviews. Was then called for onsite interviews twice.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Nokia (Sunnyvale, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

Short - less an interview than a vetting process

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Senior R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nokia (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

Phone screen, Fill out forms on web (they require current salary in form. put in $1.00 and tell HR rep "I don't give out that information... Here is what I want") Finally on site interview panel and then about 1-2 weeks before offer. Panel can be very tough.

Interview Questions

• Be ready to code on the black board. Be ready to talk about your past accomplishments.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Short.