Nokia Systems Engineer Interview Questions

3.3

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nokia in February 2013.

Interview

Pretty standard interview process with initial phone screening and then technical interview with a few members from the team. Since I was out of state, we conducted the "face-to-face" interview over Skype. The interviewers were all very personable and easy-going which they said reflected the general style of at least the department for which I was interviewing.

Interview Questions

• In the technical interview there were a few questions in regards to current problems they were facing for which I had to come up with the best solution possible off the top of my head. The best advice I can give for the technical portion is to just do your homework beforehand as you would with any technical interview so that you've got the relevant information fresh in your mind in case there's anywhere you need to dust a few cobwebs off.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nokia

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nokia (Irving, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

It was easy, conceptual related, questing were related to my current and past employers and technologies

got better offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nokia (Irving, TX) in December 2008.

Interview

Interview was all based on my theoretical knowledge in the field of Wireless and past experience

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nokia (Bangalore (India)) in April 2014.

Interview

There were two rounds of interviews in First Round they asked Qns on Core-Java Fundamentals,Threads,Collections , Algorithms then follwed by 2 puzzles. In 2nd Round they asked Qn on again Core-Java,Servlets,Algorithms-sorting and searching, Stack implementation, then 3 puzzles.

Interview Questions

• Many puzzles asked like in 2 rounds i was asked 5 puzzles.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was normal , I got as per expected.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nokia.

Interview

2 interviews

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calicut, Kerala (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nokia (Calicut, Kerala (India)).

Interview

questions were of medium standard inwritten rounds ,but required bit of calculation speed. there weren't group dicussions, and written tests were followed by technical interview. technical questions were mainly from c programming and were not too tough but required clarity of concepts. then some questions were based on resume and two questions came from communication domain, like frequency of transmission kinda questions.

Interview Questions

• when he asked why i hadn't chosen wireless communication elective.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wrocław (Poland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nokia (Wrocław (Poland)) in January 2013.

Interview

First call with simple talk about availability and salary expectations (no range specified by employer). Second teleconference interview with questions related to: -software development process -white/black box testing -network protocols -quality assurance -OSI Layers Despite the fact I've applied for System Engineer position, at the beginning of interview they told me it is Software Integration / Verification interview. I've had impression that employer is looking to hire person with exact employer specific knowledge and/or exact book definitions are needed. However, none of this was listed as experience needed in the job post.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what attributes you can assign to a file in linux? What exactly will you write down?   2 Answers
    • How much would you like to earn?   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nokia in March 2011.

Interview

Received an phone call and set up an on site interview. During the interview, first I was asked about my background, work interests and knowledge and skills. Then, technical questions were asked. At the end were the behavior questions, after which I asked some questions regarding the company, work environment, etc, and the interview finished.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nokia (Moscow (Russia)) in May 2008.

Interview

There were 3 stages (6 years ago): professional interview, team work with other candidates, and position-specific, without checking exact knowledge of professional experience. Example - for system engineer it was a troubleshooting test, on examples in other spheres of life.

Interview Questions

• most difficult was troubleshooting test in other spheres of life   Answer Question