Nokia Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Sep 24, 2014

2.9

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

RF Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Nokia.

- After applying, got an application form to fill about my university courses. Then was invited to a full assessment day.
    - Assessment day included briefing by HR and hiring manager (one hour), technical interview (one hour), HR interview (half hour) and a group exercise (one hour)
    - Tech interview had a set of questions on paper about smith chart, gain stages, multi strip lines and layout. Also, was asked about CV and background.
    - Given an offer after a week

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions really. Nothing to catch you off-guard   Answer Question
    No negotiation as offer was what I had asked for.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nokia.

Three interview rounds, one a phone interview was used to access technical competence, the interviewer and I logged into a shared online editor, and the interviewer asked me to write code (in my preferred language) to perform simple tasks such as opening and reading in a file, reversing an array etc. The second and third round interviews were face to face, round two with a line manager and team lead, round three with a senior manager and a technical lead. Both consisted of technical questions, questions about my CV and past roles.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were overly difficult or designed to catch you out. The impression I got was they were looking for someone technically competent, interested in what they did and willing to learn.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Nokia.

Telephone interview, competency based interview, met with Director informal chat about role and my aspirations. Then formal presentation and group panel interview. The group interview drilled down into sales methodologies and deal flow experience and exposure to mobile operators.

Interview Questions
    • The final phase was tough, needed to prepare intensively on subject matter.   Answer Question
    no movement

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Nokia.

4 hour interview:
    1 Hour with team leader/direct manager
    1 hour coding test
    1 hour with HR Representative and Line Manager

Interview Questions
    Harsh, I talked up the salary they offered, but not to the level that would have been truly competitive (Other benefits made it more competitive)

Product Creation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bristol, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Nokia in May 2012.

Fired off my CV to HR. 2 days later got an email to write a computer program (in any language of our choice) which could swap (in a list of 15 numbers) the multiples of 2, 5 and 15 with specific words. 5 days after that l was called in for an interview which was relatively easy (2 logic question, 1st one being navigating a robot around a maze with limit on commands you could give it, 2nd was a pseudo code a program that could work out odds and even numbers) and a few standard, why you want to work here questions.

8 hrs after my interview l was offered the job by a call from HR.

Interview Questions
    • the logically question on making a robot solve a maze with a limit of 7 commands was actually quite tricky.   View Answer
    accept it, its a fun work environment, you get some cool gadgets and its well paid

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Nokia in July 2011.

Round 1 - Face to Face with hiring manager and peer level manager

After my CV was presented to the client I was invited to have a F2F with the hiring manager and a peer level manager in a similar/same role.
    Interview location WAS NOT where location where role would be based.

1) Smalltalk
    So from where were you traveling from this morning?
    How far is that?
    Did you go by train or car?

2) Questions regarding my life, introduction and my personal summary of my CV
    I gave an introduction about my career results, aspirations and goals.

What is the ideal job you would like to be in?
    What is your biggest accomplishment so far?

What do you think is your strongest skill within Marketing?
    How was your work experience at Apple? (Everybody seems to ask this question these days...)
    If you would have the choice - would you prefer a permanent role or a contract/interim role? (role interviewed was perm)
    How often do you deal with creative agencies and do you like it?

Do you have any questions for us?

Round 2 - phone interview with peer level manager (his focus is channel marketing, distribution, retail)

Do you like Windows Phone?
    What is the strongest value you would bring into the team?
    You have many program/project management roles on your resume - is this an area you would prefer to work in?
    What, in your opinion, is the biggest issue in mobile operator (carrier) marketing these days (rephrased later to: What do you think is important from an operator/carrier perspective?
    How can a vendor (like Nokia) create long-term relationships with operators (carriers)?

Environment:

Office
    Large amount of hotdesks
    Culturally diverse environment
    International atmosphere including global travel

Work:
    Recognized brand and office is branded
    Free coffee/juices in office area
    Kitchen equipment can be used by staff (free, but no free food)

Interview Questions
    • Why did you stay in job x for x months only? Was it a contract or permanent position?   View Answer
    • What is the ideal job you would like to be in?   View Answer
    • What do you think is your strongest skill within Marketing?   View Answer
    • What percentage of your current role is program management, how much is marketing, how much is stakeholder management?   Answer Question
    • How often do you deal with creative agencies and do you like it?   Answer Question

- I don't believe in the product and/or the marketing approach the company is taking.
    - I wasn't happy with the compensation.
    - I realized there is more regional travel involved than expected.
    - I didn't like the size of operations in that team/department/business unit.

Retail Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Nokia in May 2011.

CV submitted by Head Hunter. I got a phone interview with HR manager, then another phone interview with Manager, another face to face interview with same manager and a phone interview with the manager's manager. Finally I got hired for another position reporting directly to the manager's manager.

Interview Questions
    • They asked for examples of challenges in all areas having to describe problem, solution and outcome.   Answer Question
    I negotiated an got more. But they had to request approval from the HQ in Finland.

Global Product Portfolio Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Nokia in December 2010.

1st interview: A phone interview with the direct line manager. Basic questions about work experience and then behavioural questions. Emphasis on how to deal with international people in challenging work related situations.

2nd interview: A face to face interview with the director leading the team. Very informal and more of a discussion about the company and the role rather than a screening of relevant skills and experience.

Received an offer two weeks after the last interview.

Interview Questions
    • How would you manage a virtual team of marketing managers who are all based in different countries? Major challenges? What could go wrong? How would you prevent things going wrong?   Answer Question
    I asked a 15% base pay increase. Didn't get it but got a car benefit instead (which taken in money roughly equalled 15% pay increase).

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Nokia in January 2010.

Straightforward Java questions and then questions on Java experience.

Interview Questions
    • When you have multiple classes in C++ in a hierarchy, what was the way in which the ctors and dtors are called.   View Answers (3)
    • Multi thread scenario with Java; the standard producer/consumer scenario requiring mutexes, wait/notify.   View Answer
    Just asked for same as my current role, and that was accepted. I just wanted to get into the company to gain experience.

Global Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nokia in November 2009.

Informal phone interview first for about 45 mins. Followed the week after by 2 meetings with senior team members who asked pretty standard questions about my background and recent experiences. Finally met the guy who was to be my new boss for an informal chat in a pub where he proceeded to offer me the job straight up! I received a phone call later that afternoon confirming the offer.

Interview Questions
    It happened during the last interview where I named my terms and they were accepted!

Worked for Nokia? Contribute to the Community!