Nokia Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Sep 11, 2014

2.9

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

RF Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Nokia.

- After applying, got an application form to fill about my university courses. Then was invited to a full assessment day.
    - Assessment day included briefing by HR and hiring manager (one hour), technical interview (one hour), HR interview (half hour) and a group exercise (one hour)
    - Tech interview had a set of questions on paper about smith chart, gain stages, multi strip lines and layout. Also, was asked about CV and background.
    - Given an offer after a week

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions really. Nothing to catch you off-guard   Answer Question
    No negotiation as offer was what I had asked for.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Nokia in May 2009.

I was invited to a telephone interview with the team leader (who referred me) and manager. The interview was mainly focussed on non technical questions. I was asked about my previous experience and the software integration projects that I have worked on. I was also asked about the skills which I have for software integration.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nokia.

Three interview rounds, one a phone interview was used to access technical competence, the interviewer and I logged into a shared online editor, and the interviewer asked me to write code (in my preferred language) to perform simple tasks such as opening and reading in a file, reversing an array etc. The second and third round interviews were face to face, round two with a line manager and team lead, round three with a senior manager and a technical lead. Both consisted of technical questions, questions about my CV and past roles.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were overly difficult or designed to catch you out. The impression I got was they were looking for someone technically competent, interested in what they did and willing to learn.   Answer Question

Global Product Portfolio Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Nokia in December 2010.

1st interview: A phone interview with the direct line manager. Basic questions about work experience and then behavioural questions. Emphasis on how to deal with international people in challenging work related situations.

2nd interview: A face to face interview with the director leading the team. Very informal and more of a discussion about the company and the role rather than a screening of relevant skills and experience.

Received an offer two weeks after the last interview.

Interview Questions
    • How would you manage a virtual team of marketing managers who are all based in different countries? Major challenges? What could go wrong? How would you prevent things going wrong?   Answer Question
    I asked a 15% base pay increase. Didn't get it but got a car benefit instead (which taken in money roughly equalled 15% pay increase).

Account Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Nokia.

Telephone interview, competency based interview, met with Director informal chat about role and my aspirations. Then formal presentation and group panel interview. The group interview drilled down into sales methodologies and deal flow experience and exposure to mobile operators.

Interview Questions
    • The final phase was tough, needed to prepare intensively on subject matter.   Answer Question
    no movement

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Nokia.

4 hour interview:
    1 Hour with team leader/direct manager
    1 hour coding test
    1 hour with HR Representative and Line Manager

Interview Questions
    Harsh, I talked up the salary they offered, but not to the level that would have been truly competitive (Other benefits made it more competitive)

Junior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Nokia in April 2008.

The procedure was pretty simple. Direct application via the company website, followed by a face to face interview with the prospective team leader and a member of his team.
    In the interview we went through a few basic technical questions, covering knowledge of programming languages and some software design principles.

Interview Questions
    • Draw a flow chart to demonstrate how a code entry system could work.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate at all

Product Creation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bristol, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Nokia in May 2012.

Fired off my CV to HR. 2 days later got an email to write a computer program (in any language of our choice) which could swap (in a list of 15 numbers) the multiples of 2, 5 and 15 with specific words. 5 days after that l was called in for an interview which was relatively easy (2 logic question, 1st one being navigating a robot around a maze with limit on commands you could give it, 2nd was a pseudo code a program that could work out odds and even numbers) and a few standard, why you want to work here questions.

8 hrs after my interview l was offered the job by a call from HR.

Interview Questions
    • the logically question on making a robot solve a maze with a limit of 7 commands was actually quite tricky.   View Answer
    accept it, its a fun work environment, you get some cool gadgets and its well paid

Retail Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Nokia in May 2011.

CV submitted by Head Hunter. I got a phone interview with HR manager, then another phone interview with Manager, another face to face interview with same manager and a phone interview with the manager's manager. Finally I got hired for another position reporting directly to the manager's manager.

Interview Questions
    • They asked for examples of challenges in all areas having to describe problem, solution and outcome.   Answer Question
    I negotiated an got more. But they had to request approval from the HQ in Finland.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Nokia in June 2009.

Good communications and an in depth interview.

Interview Questions
    • At the end, a role play with the 2 other interviewees.   Answer Question

Worked for Nokia? Contribute to the Community!