Nomura Holdings Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2015

3.1

Internal Audit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nomura Holdings (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Generally easy going interview. Talked to a VP and a Senior. Introduced the company to me and went through my resume. Also asked about my career plan and some behavioral question.

Off-Cycle Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nomura Holdings.

Interview

Online Application, same as any other investment bank with CV and covering letter. Two online tests following application (numerical and abstract reasoning). Abstract logic test isn't too bad but numerical was fairly difficult with the time conditions. The maths is fairly straight forward but requires you to think very fast. Abstract reasoning test is basically about guessing the next shape in a sequence, this can also be practiced as there are some good resources explaining the different types of sequence.

IB Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Nomura Holdings (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

Campus interview - they didnt want to be there....they genuinely seemed like unhappy people. They seemed like they were above everyone, but really didn't have a good grasp on IB at all. The whole thing was unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• If you sell a bike, how does it affect the 3 financial statements. They were really unprepared - seemed like they were pulling questions out of the air....and it didn't seem like they really had a good understanding of the questions they were asking about -
      I knew this wasn't a place I wanted to work after this interview.

Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nomura Holdings (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied through my on campus recruiting network. Had first round interview with MD on campus and then flew up to NY for a superday. Superday consisted of 3 30-minute interviews back to back, with MDs and industry group heads. Was asked no technical questions at all. The interviews were all very laid back and conversational.

Interview Questions

• You come from a very entrepreneurial background, why do you want to go into investment banking?   Answer Question

Interview

Interview process consists entirely of talking about one thing on your resume, then asking brain teasers. It was only one round since it was for the Spring, and really there isn't much chance to distinguish yourself during the interview, since the questions are all simple brain teasers. Really hit or miss--my interviewer misunderstood me on a rather simple brainteaser and the rest of the interview was downhill from there.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, but be ready for brain teasers.   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nomura Holdings (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied through campus career center. First round was on Campus most of the questions were based on Core Java and databases. After a week HR emailed me that I have an on-site interview in the next 2 days. It was on really short notice. There were around 3 Onsite interviews mostly based on resume and Core java and Databases. Go through the basic OOPS, Multi-threading, Collections in Java. Indexes and Normalization in databases.

Interview Questions

• Given an object based on what fields would you store it in a hash table ?   1 Answer

Took another offer..

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nomura Holdings in October 2013.

Interview

Not Impossible interview, with some questions about CV and future expectations. There are 30 minutes for a sale pitch with some questions on actual situation of markets. Overall the guys were nice and tried to relax us.

Interview Questions

• Describe aims and structure of the most important central banks.   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Nomura Holdings (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

The first round of interviews were on campus. The interviewer was an executive director, which I think is their managing director. He was very friendly and described the growth potential of the firm's U.S. branch. The interview was 30 minutes and I got my reply the next afternoon. They made it incredibly hard not to like the company. So I was especially annoyed to learn that I wasn't invited for the super day interview.

Equity Derivatives Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Nomura Holdings (Nashville, TN) in February 2013.

Interview

First-round interview was extremely casual. The interviewer didn't ask me any technical questions but rather told me everything he liked about my resume and why I stood out over hundreds of other applicants. Then he hinted at things that implied my qualifications and answers made me a good fit.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nomura Holdings (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

The first round of interview was on campus and it was just a 'getting to know each other' interview. I interviewed with 2 different teams ( so two 1:1 interviews). Both the interviews were just about my resume and also HR questions. Since the company has a small HR team.. there was a lot of dilly dallying after the interview. Eventually they scheduled a date and I went to NY for the second round of interview. I had three 1:1 interviews with different teams. It was slightly technical and a lot about my resume and grilling HR questions. In technical I was asked questions about outputs of some functions they wrote down, some about stochastics and a lot about projects and the kind of work I wanted to do.

Interview Questions

• Would you want to be a team lead or a team player? What would you do if your team mate absolutely hates you? etc etc   Answer Question