Nomura Holdings Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2014

3.1

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Nomura Holdings in February 2014.

Applied through my on campus recruiting network. Had first round interview with MD on campus and then flew up to NY for a superday. Superday consisted of 3 30-minute interviews back to back, with MDs and industry group heads. Was asked no technical questions at all. The interviews were all very laid back and conversational.

Interview Questions
    • You come from a very entrepreneurial background, why do you want to go into investment banking?   Answer Question

Spring Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Interview process consists entirely of talking about one thing on your resume, then asking brain teasers. It was only one round since it was for the Spring, and really there isn't much chance to distinguish yourself during the interview, since the questions are all simple brain teasers. Really hit or miss--my interviewer misunderstood me on a rather simple brainteaser and the rest of the interview was downhill from there.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, but be ready for brain teasers.   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nomura Holdings in November 2013.

Applied through campus career center. First round was on Campus most of the questions were based on Core Java and databases. After a week HR emailed me that I have an on-site interview in the next 2 days. It was on really short notice. There were around 3 Onsite interviews mostly based on resume and Core java and Databases. Go through the basic OOPS, Multi-threading, Collections in Java. Indexes and Normalization in databases.

Interview Questions
    • Given an object based on what fields would you store it in a hash table ?   View Answer

Took another offer..

Equity Derivatives Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Nomura Holdings in February 2013.

First-round interview was extremely casual. The interviewer didn't ask me any technical questions but rather told me everything he liked about my resume and why I stood out over hundreds of other applicants. Then he hinted at things that implied my qualifications and answers made me a good fit.

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The first round of interviews were on campus. The interviewer was an executive director, which I think is their managing director. He was very friendly and described the growth potential of the firm's U.S. branch. The interview was 30 minutes and I got my reply the next afternoon. They made it incredibly hard not to like the company. So I was especially annoyed to learn that I wasn't invited for the super day interview.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Nomura Holdings in October 2011.

The first round of interview was on campus and it was just a 'getting to know each other' interview. I interviewed with 2 different teams ( so two 1:1 interviews). Both the interviews were just about my resume and also HR questions. Since the company has a small HR team.. there was a lot of dilly dallying after the interview. Eventually they scheduled a date and I went to NY for the second round of interview. I had three 1:1 interviews with different teams. It was slightly technical and a lot about my resume and grilling HR questions. In technical I was asked questions about outputs of some functions they wrote down, some about stochastics and a lot about projects and the kind of work I wanted to do.

Interview Questions
    • Would you want to be a team lead or a team player? What would you do if your team mate absolutely hates you? etc etc   Answer Question

Global Markets Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Nomura Holdings in January 2011.

Very technical market questions for a Junior in College.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you think interest rates are going?   Answer Question
    • What do you think about inflation? What should the Fed do about it?   Answer Question

Other opportunity.

Operations Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Nomura Holdings in February 2011.

The first round consisted of one thirty minute 1:1 interview. The interviewer went over my resume and asked about my interests, past, etc. The second round consisted of three thirty minute 1:1 interviews, back to back. The interviews were somewhat more intensive and included some hypothetical cases, but was similar.

Informational Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nomura Holdings in July 2010.

great organization, people, office, up-and-coming work culture. Attention to detail.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Powai, Maharashtra (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Powai, Maharashtra (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Nomura Holdings in August 2014.

I got recruited via campus placements. In the aptitude test, 23 students were selected out of 300+. After that there were 4 rounds, each lasting 30-35 minutes. Two rounds for Technical and two for HR. Technical interviewers were very friendly and asked logical questions as opposed to programming ones. HR interviewer seemed bored and kept throwing tricky questions my way. In one of the interviews, he yawned, got up and left the room for a walk. Ofcourse, they do all this to test your nerves. Hold your own and you'll be fine.

Interview Questions
    • 1) How does makemytrip.com give you instant results even though its mainly a DB websites and querying is extremely slow in DBs?   View Answer
    • 2) You have two jugs. One of 5lts and one of 3lts. You want 4lts of water. (You also have abundant supply of water.) How do you measure out exactly 4lts using the jugs?   View Answers (3)
    • 3) This is a very boring company with a dull job profile. You'll probably want to quit and leave before the year ends. Why do you want to join anyway?   View Answer
    Fixed offer of 8.09 lakh per annum. Its very lucrative to a fresher so negotiations weren't needed.

Worked for Nomura Holdings? Contribute to the Community!