Nomura Holdings

Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Nomura Holdings in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through my on campus recruiting network. Had first round interview with MD on campus and then flew up to NY for a superday. Superday consisted of 3 30-minute interviews back to back, with MDs and industry group heads. Was asked no technical questions at all. The interviews were all very laid back and conversational.

Interview Question – You come from a very entrepreneurial background, why do you want to go into investment banking?   Answer Question

Spring Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Spring Investment Banking Analyst

Interviewed at Nomura Holdings

Interview Details – Interview process consists entirely of talking about one thing on your resume, then asking brain teasers. It was only one round since it was for the Spring, and really there isn't much chance to distinguish yourself during the interview, since the questions are all simple brain teasers. Really hit or miss--my interviewer misunderstood me on a rather simple brainteaser and the rest of the interview was downhill from there.

Interview Question – No difficult questions, but be ready for brain teasers.   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

IT Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nomura Holdings in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through campus career center. First round was on Campus most of the questions were based on Core Java and databases. After a week HR emailed me that I have an on-site interview in the next 2 days. It was on really short notice. There were around 3 Onsite interviews mostly based on resume and Core java and Databases. Go through the basic OOPS, Multi-threading, Collections in Java. Indexes and Normalization in databases.

Interview Question – Given an object based on what fields would you store it in a hash table ?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Took another offer..

Equity Derivatives Intern Interview

Equity Derivatives Intern
Nashville, TN

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Nomura Holdings in February 2013.

Interview Details – First-round interview was extremely casual. The interviewer didn't ask me any technical questions but rather told me everything he liked about my resume and why I stood out over hundreds of other applicants. Then he hinted at things that implied my qualifications and answers made me a good fit.

Interview Question – What are you passionate about?   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Credit Analyst
New York, NY

Interview Details – The first round of interviews were on campus. The interviewer was an executive director, which I think is their managing director. He was very friendly and described the growth potential of the firm's U.S. branch. The interview was 30 minutes and I got my reply the next afternoon. They made it incredibly hard not to like the company. So I was especially annoyed to learn that I wasn't invited for the super day interview.

Interview Question – First round is all resume/behavioral   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Technology Analyst
New York, NY

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Nomura Holdings in October 2011.

Interview Details – The first round of interview was on campus and it was just a 'getting to know each other' interview. I interviewed with 2 different teams ( so two 1:1 interviews). Both the interviews were just about my resume and also HR questions. Since the company has a small HR team.. there was a lot of dilly dallying after the interview. Eventually they scheduled a date and I went to NY for the second round of interview. I had three 1:1 interviews with different teams. It was slightly technical and a lot about my resume and grilling HR questions. In technical I was asked questions about outputs of some functions they wrote down, some about stochastics and a lot about projects and the kind of work I wanted to do.

Interview Question – Would you want to be a team lead or a team player? What would you do if your team mate absolutely hates you? etc etc   Answer Question

Global Markets Intern Interview

Global Markets Intern
New York, NY

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Nomura Holdings in January 2011.

Interview Details – Very technical market questions for a Junior in College.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Other opportunity.

Operations Summer Analyst Interview

Operations Summer Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Nomura Holdings in February 2011.

Interview Details – The first round consisted of one thirty minute 1:1 interview. The interviewer went over my resume and asked about my interests, past, etc. The second round consisted of three thirty minute 1:1 interviews, back to back. The interviews were somewhat more intensive and included some hypothetical cases, but was similar.

Interview Question – Why should I choose you over the other candidates?   Answer Question

Informational Interview Interview

Informational Interview
New York, NY

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nomura Holdings in July 2010.

Interview Details – great organization, people, office, up-and-coming work culture. Attention to detail.

Interview Question – Describe your perfect job.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern

Interviewed at Nomura Holdings

Interview Details – two rounds, one in local office and then in london. 2 interviews (one of which a case) in the first round, and 4 interviews in the final round. the final round was mostly based on personal fit, since the technical skills had already been tested previously.

Interview Question – nothing unexpected, classic IBD interview questions (valuation, etc..)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation, standard contract for interns

Interviews for Top Jobs at Nomura Holdings

Worked for Nomura Holdings? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nomura Holdings interview questions and advice. All 36 interview reviews posted anonymously by Nomura Holdings employees and interview candidates.