Nomura Holdings

Updated Aug 31, 2014

3.5

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Powai, Maharashtra (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Powai, Maharashtra (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nomura Holdings in August 2014.

I got recruited via campus placements. In the aptitude test, 23 students were selected out of 300+. After that there were 4 rounds, each lasting 30-35 minutes. Two rounds for Technical and two for HR. Technical interviewers were very friendly and asked logical questions as opposed to programming ones. HR interviewer seemed bored and kept throwing tricky questions my way. In one of the interviews, he yawned, got up and left the room for a walk. Ofcourse, they do all this to test your nerves. Hold your own and you'll be fine.

Interview Questions
    • 1) How does makemytrip.com give you instant results even though its mainly a DB websites and querying is extremely slow in DBs?   View Answer
    • 2) You have two jugs. One of 5lts and one of 3lts. You want 4lts of water. (You also have abundant supply of water.) How do you measure out exactly 4lts using the jugs?   View Answers (3)
    • 3) This is a very boring company with a dull job profile. You'll probably want to quit and leave before the year ends. Why do you want to join anyway?   View Answer
    Fixed offer of 8.09 lakh per annum. Its very lucrative to a fresher so negotiations weren't needed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nomura Holdings in September 2013.

An ex colleague referred me for a role at Nomura.

I had a 30 min interview with the HR about my CV, future aspirations, why I was looking to leave my current job etc.

I then had an interview with a Manager and a VP lasting about 15 mins. Since the current role was an exact match of my skills acquired over my career, I was prepared.

I got a call the next day from the HR confirming my selection and it followed with an offer letter which I received after 1 week.

Interview Questions
    • What is Total Equity? (I knew the term as Open Trade Equity)

Sometimes the terms you are familiar with are known by different names by other organizations so please ask them to explain the question better if you are not sure.

View Answer
    There are lot of perks which you receive apart from your salary so I would not advise to negotiate much.

Sourcing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nomura Holdings in August 2013.

Directly communicated for the job opening. Called for 3 rounds on different days. Aptitude, one on one and presentation.

Interview Questions
    • Will you be able to bring any sort of innovation at your current job.   Answer Question
    Stringent. Employer wasnt ready to increase the package.

apti then 2 tech round then hr round

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nomura Holdings in March 2013.

The consultancy based in mumbai called me regarding opening
    for .net developer with Nomura. Honestly i was not even aware of this name.
    On some internet search i got the background of Lehmon brothers etc.

So there was first telephonic round. It was fully techincal.
    Questions were maily related to practicle use cases. Not theory questions.
    eg: what is Dependency property vs tell me the use case where you were forced to use Dependency property like wise.
    Telephonic round did last for 20-25 mins.
    I got through with that and called for face to face.

The location is tough to find (Thanks to some other post on this site). So I reached 10 mins earlier.

The ambience looked bit seriose and boring too me.
    The HR which never appeared in person was in constant touch with me via phone

The first f2f technical round started after 20 mins.
    This was again pure technical round. Mainly related to .NET WPF Database MVVM WCF etc. The interviwer was kind person. Wherever hints were needed he did provide.
    Again few questions were pretty core eg: linked list, pointers etc.
    Duration was 45 mins

Then seond f2f round strted within 5 mins.
    looked like the interviwer was Manager. He said he would rap up fast but which didnt happen. this round also lasted for 45 mins.
    He drilled down me on Data structres Binary Tree. Which I almost fogot.
    Made me write algorithms like Binary tree, search in binary tree, mirror of binary tree etc.
    Manager appeared to be bit rude. While I was writing Algorithm, he was asking questions about why you wana switch etc...

HR telephonic round
    Yes, before this f2f , I had HR telephonic. in genral your profile, expectations etc.

So its been 2 days, and no communication from Nomura to the consultancy.
    They take 4-5 days to roll out the offer if you are selected and also otherwise
    this was being told by my friend who also appeard and didnt get through.
    Keeping my fingers crossed.

Overall experience:
    Timeline wise : fast in schduling, slow in responding.
    Atmposhphere : Gloomy
    Technical questions : Above than normal difficulty level.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Nomura Holdings.

aptitute test followed by letter writing , gp , extempore and then final personal interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nomura Holdings in November 2011.

Written test(english and aptitude)
    2 rounds of interview(1 technical and 1 hr)

Interview Questions
    • How will manage if a person in your group is unwilling to perform a task?   View Answers (2)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nomura Holdings in December 2010.

Ideally Nomura has Phone filtering round before actual interview. They have 2 levels of Java Tests similar to SCJP and 1 DS & Algo Coding Test. These 3 acts as elimination round. Finally there are upto 3 rounds of face to face interview with the panel based on performance of previous test.

Interview Questions
    • How will you find the next element in a binary search tree if a reference to the current element is provided? Write code for the same.   Answer Question
    • Find Square Root of a number without using SQRT function.   View Answer
    Yes, I was able to negotiate with the salary out there.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nomura Holdings in November 2010.

2 different rounds (with two different interviewers - one HR and one Associate) - one round was cordial and friendly and the other started off as a stress round but (after, I assume, I answered the 'stress' question correctly) turned cordial by the end. All-in-all a very pleasant process - felt like I'd made new friends by the end of it.

Interview Questions
    Just be clear about your reasons for applying. Of course, you also have to be intelligent/knowledgeable about the company and the field

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nomura Holdings in July 2010.

There are atleast 3 rounds of interview- HR, Team leads & Division head.
     HR is clueless just checks for commun ication skills or notice period etc.
    There could be 2 or more technical rounds one could be even telephonic.
    Communication skills & confidence are very important in the interview.
    Location is difficlut to find hence please find out in advance & reach the place on time

Interview Questions
    • What is Derivatives. Explain with example- accounting or product   Answer Question
    Not much negotiation