Nomura International

Relevance Date Difficulty

Middle Office Interview

Middle Office
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Nomura International in January 2009.

Interview Details – Nomura was open and honest about the opportunity and I took it.

Interview Question – What do you think of the job?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Global Markets Interview

Summer Analyst Global Markets
Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Nomura International in February 2014.

Interview Details – 4 rounds of phone interview, one with HR asking competency and fit questions, one with associate asking about my CV, two separate interviews with MD of Equity and another with MD of Structured Derivates

Interview Question – Why do you think you are most qualified for this position?   Answer Question

Spring Women's Immersion Program Interview

Spring Women's Immersion Program
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Nomura International in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied in late november, got a face to face interview in London office in January.
There was two rounds interviews, first I was interviewed by an associate, then a HR.
They had only asked competency questions.
The HR lady was very nice, and friendly.
The building was quite quiet though.

Interview Question – What differentiate Nomura to it's competitors?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nomura International.

Interview Details – First numerical test & intelligence test online. Afterwards I had 2 phone interviews (30 min each) and 5 days later the final interview. Case Study (30 Min) interview, then 4 interviews (30 min each) with senior people.

Interview Question – "Sell me something. For example this glass of water"
"We have a glass of water in front of us. First I drink half of it, then you drink half of the remaining water, then I drink half of the remaining water and so on. How much water of the glass will i drink till it is empty?"
  Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Nomura International in November 2013.

Interview Details – Had two rounds of interviews for the Global Markets position. First round: 1 hr case study preparation, 30 min stock pitch, 30 min general competency. Second round: more competency, technical, company specific questions and some brainteasers (4 x 30 min interviews with more senior employees).

Interview Question – How do you price an option? Explain the role of Black Scholes formula and what are its weaknesses?   Answer Question

Sales Analyst, Capital Markets Interview

Sales Analyst, Capital Markets
Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Nomura International.

Interview Details – Online application, online test, telephone interview

Interview Question – none, but interviewer ask further questions based on your answer to her behaviour question   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Investment Banking Analyst
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Nomura International in October 2013.

Interview Details – First Round: 1 case study + Q&A (quite technical, real life deal) and 2 interviews (2 x 30min) one technical, one fit
Final Round: 4 x 30min interviews, mixed depending on past experience (if interviewing with a TMT guy and you have previous experience make sure you know your stuff)

Interview Question – All technicals were relatively standard in terms of difficulty, be prepared to get across industry knowledge   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Ops Analyst Interview

Ops Analyst
Mumbai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Nomura International in January 2013.

Interview Details – Contacted by recruitment agency for job with Nomura on contract basis for three months.First round was HR round explaining job profile and terms and conditions.Final one was with manager of dept asking basic capital market questions.

Interview Question – What is derivative.   View Answer

Internship In Investment Banking Role Interview

Internship In Investment Banking Role
Milan (Italy)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Nomura International in May 2013.

Interview Details – The first round interview, which required 2 hours, consisted of :
- a 1 hour case study preparation
- 30 minute case study interview
- a 30 minute competency interview: Why Nomura? Why do you want to work in investment banking?And then there were a lot of questions based on my experience, interests and educational background.

Interview Question – Private equity, strategic investors, sponsors, valuations   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Investment Banking Summer Analyst

Interviewed at Nomura International

Interview Details – After the online application process, there were two interviews at the local office and a financial markets business case. Afterwards, there was the final round in London which consisted in 4 other interviews. As usual, questions were a mix of competency based and technical. Personally, I received no brain teasers.

Interview Question – The business case was quite technical but absolutely fair for a GM position.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Nomura International

Worked for Nomura International? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nomura International interview questions and advice. All 27 interview reviews posted anonymously by Nomura International employees and interview candidates.