Nomura International
www.nomura.com London, United Kingdom 1000 to 5000 Employees

Nomura International Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Nomura International

Interview Details – After the online application process, there were two interviews at the local office and a financial markets business case. Afterwards, there was the final round in London which consisted in 4 other interviews. As usual, questions were a mix of competency based and technical. Personally, I received no brain teasers.

Interview Question – The business case was quite technical but absolutely fair for a GM position.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Nomura International in October 2012.

Interview Details – I completed the application online and passed the Kenexa test (numerical and logical). About two weeks later I received the invitation for the first round interview, which consisted in one hour of case study preparation, half an hour of case presentation and half an hour of competency based questions. The case was not that hard, but valuation/accounting knowledge is required to do well; there was an answer form, and the case study discussion consisted in reading your answers to the interviewer. The competency interview was quite easy, no too technical questions and no brainteasers. It was mainly to understand the candidate's motivation.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you and not the other candidates?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Nomura International in October 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewed for a position with the Nordic coverage, the interview was in Stockholm even though the position was in London
Consisted of case interview with a second year analyst, questions of valuation, accounting, strategy analysis.
The other interview was about me as a person discussing my CV and motivations for applying. Furthermore I was asked some brain teasers.
The bankers were really positive and open to any questions.

Interview Question – How many people are flying over the European zone at this moment?   View Answer

Investment Banking Summer Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Nomura International in February 2011.

Interview Details – standard process.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Nomura International

Worked for Nomura International? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nomura International Investment Banking Summer Analyst interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Nomura International employees and interview candidates.