Nomura International

Updated Nov 16, 2014
Updated Nov 16, 2014

3.2

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Nomura International in November 2013.

Standard interview process. Online + aptitude test, followed by a case study with an Analyst from the local team (I was applying for London and living in Amsterdam) and a video conference with an Analyst in London. After passing these, I was invited for 4 rounds of interviews in London, which were fairly standard and the interviewers were friendly and pleasant.

Expect question on your CV/resume, motivation as well as some (basic) technical questions, but nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me something about yourself that isn't on your resume   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nomura International

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nomura International in October 2013.

Sent application off in late September, got called for a first round interview after someone dropped out luckily.

First round consists of a case study interview and 2 cv based interviews. in the case study interview had to do a few calculations such as CAGR, ratios etc. Also had to make a recommendation on a fictional company regarding a merger (mine was a utilities company but I've been told there are numerous industries). recommendations involved using comparables, multiples etc. the CV based interview involved motivations regarding finance and investment banking and last experiences.

Final round consist of CV and technical interview with 4 senior bankers. Make sure you know various questions around the balance sheet.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

After the online application process, there were two interviews at the local office and a financial markets business case. Afterwards, there was the final round in London which consisted in 4 other interviews. As usual, questions were a mix of competency based and technical. Personally, I received no brain teasers.

Interview Questions
    • The business case was quite technical but absolutely fair for a GM position.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nomura International in October 2012.

I completed the application online and passed the Kenexa test (numerical and logical). About two weeks later I received the invitation for the first round interview, which consisted in one hour of case study preparation, half an hour of case presentation and half an hour of competency based questions. The case was not that hard, but valuation/accounting knowledge is required to do well; there was an answer form, and the case study discussion consisted in reading your answers to the interviewer. The competency interview was quite easy, no too technical questions and no brainteasers. It was mainly to understand the candidate's motivation.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nomura International in October 2011.

Interviewed for a position with the Nordic coverage, the interview was in Stockholm even though the position was in London
    Consisted of case interview with a second year analyst, questions of valuation, accounting, strategy analysis.
    The other interview was about me as a person discussing my CV and motivations for applying. Furthermore I was asked some brain teasers.
    The bankers were really positive and open to any questions.

Interview Questions
    • How many people are flying over the European zone at this moment?   View Answer

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nomura International in February 2011.

standard process.