Nomura Securities

Nomura Securities Interview Questions

Updated Nov 14, 2014
Updated Nov 14, 2014

Securitized Products Research Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Nomura Securities.

I applied through the college career site and got the interview invitation. 15-min phone interview. Manager was very nice. Just asked about simple questions based on your resume. Asked about what projects you had conducted in school. Any paper-based? Also the manager introduced the company and the position and told me would send on site invitation after 3-4 business days. Still waiting for response.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the projects in school. Any paper-based?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

On Campus first round interview. Invitation to super day in NYC office, three interviews (MD & 2 associates). Interviewers all from different coverage/product groups. Each interview was about 30 minutes. Each asked only a couple technical questions but mostly fit and behavioral. All interviewers were personable and easy to talk to, overall good experience.

Interview Questions
    • What is an LBO and two reasons a company would use an LBO   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nomura Securities.

Phone interview with employee. Mostly fit, and technicals towards the end. Overall it was a fun conversation, but think didn't get the super day invitation due to my lack of technical knowledge on the more complex questions.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how a company purchasing raw material from a vendor will work its way through the financial statements   Answer Question

Investment BankingAnalyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Nomura Securities.

Low-key interview; spent a lot of time talking about me as a person; my goals, strengths and experiences. Spoke with three different members of the Nomura staff; two in IB and one in HR. Made sure to at least reference IB specific work to prove genuine interest, M&A etc. I would recommend knowing as much about IB as an industry and Nomura's specific principles as possible. also referenced a number of principles and that went down very well.

Interview Questions
    • Why investment banking at Nomura, why not consulting/another finance-related position?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nomura Securities in September 2014.

2:1. You should be prepare for some technical questions. What is divesture? How would do with synergy? Why Nomura? Why IB? How does one transaction affect three financial statements?

Intern Interview

Interview was received via a college campus recruiting session that was organized through the college career center. The interview was extremely straightforward with very few technical questions. All of the questions focused on personality, school extracurriculars, school major and minor, and other fit questions. Interviewer was extremely friendly and offer was received within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you like this special skill listed on your resume and how does your personality fit this skill?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst - Risk Interview

Typical mix of behavioral and FIT questions. 3 interviewers, the first two at the VP level and the last an MD. Very straightforward and traditional interview setup. Starts with the basic "walk me through your resume" and transitions into a more casual conversation.

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nomura Securities.

Had two rounds of interviews. More of a conversation than questions. Wasn't really asked much. More of a tell me about your background and then goofing off for a half hour as opposed to the typical interview questions

Interview Questions
    • Literally no tough questions- whole interview was joking around etc   Answer Question

IB Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Nomura Securities.

Phone interview with one VP then in person meeting ..... Very simple process. Great people. Great vibe

Global Markets Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nomura Securities.

Applied through career services. Pretty basic fit interview, nothing really technical. The interviewer seemed rather unenthusiastic and regularly interrupted me. Asked about my major, trading experience and how i evaluate companies. Strengths, weaknesses, what classes I found difficult, and random things about my school that did not really pertain to the interview.