Noodles & Company

Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Blaine, MN

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Noodles & Company in July 2014.

Interview Details – I went in on their Tuesday open house, they were super busy so I asked if I should come back when they weren't so busy and he said to come back next week. I came back the next Tuesday and had an interview, it was pretty casual and I was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Question – What do you consider good customer service.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate the pay offered was reasonable.

Team Member

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Noodles & Company.

Interview Details – I applied online initially and I called back after about two weeks to check on the status of my application. The manager welcomed me to stop by for an interview that day. The interview was extremely awkward and it didn't help that it was my first job interview. He told me that he would look over everything and then contact his general manager and that they would get in contact with me.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?

Tell me about yourself...
  Answer Question

Lake Delton, WI

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Noodles & Company in June 2013.

Interview Details – Had to sit outside because the building was under construction, 1 interview, short, only 10 minutes. Only one manager had interviewed me, but two managers interviewed everyone else. People were waiting to be interviewed. Outside was dirty, couldn't hear because of construction.

Negotiation Details – Ask to be paid higher.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Team Member

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Noodles & Company.

Interview Details – I applied online and they called me a week later and set up a interview for the next day. The interview seemed to go really well but I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

Team Member

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Noodles & Company in December 2013.

Interview Details – I applied and never called because of lengthy drive but I was contacted anyway. I went in for an interview and met with one of the shift managers because the manager was preoccupied. It lasted about 15 minutes and was called back with a job offer later the next week.

Interview Question – Describe a time where you had bad experience with a coworker and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Noodle Ambassador

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Noodles & Company in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and was called to interview in person a few days later. I arrived 15 minutes early for the interview and the friendly cashier told me she'd let the person who was going to interview me know I was there. They didn't seem to be that busy (they intentionally scheduled the interview in the afternoon when they are less busy) but the interviewer seemed rushed and unfriendly. He sat down in an empty part of the restaurant with me and asked a bunch of questions from a printed list. Most of the questions were really vague, and difficult to know what they wanted you to answer. I'm afraid I must have answered some unfavorably because he scribbled down answers quickly and skipped over a bunch too. The whole process probably took less than 10 minutes and he dismissed me quickly saying they'd call me if they want me to come in to interview with the hiring manager.

A few days later I called the store to ask if the position was still available. The operator said she'd transfer me to the hiring manager and asked for my name. Soon I heard her on the line again saying "We're still doing primary interviews, so we'll be calling people back for second interviews later." Yeah right, no Noodles job needs that much consideration. What really happened was she told the hiring manager my name, he looked up some notes and said "Oh yeah, we don't want her. But don't tell her that, make sure you give her false hope and keep her hanging on. Hahaha what a naive fool!" I wish some employers would just get a spine, show some respect, and directly state they are no longer considering me.

Interview Question – What do you want your next job to be?   View Answer

Line Cook? (Dishwasher?, Server?, Prep Cook?, Slave?) Interview

Line Cook? (Dishwasher?, Server?, Prep Cook?, Slave?)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Noodles & Company.

Interview Details – 1 interview and got a call back in less than 7 hours i think it was because of how lax the interview went and prior exp

Interview Question – what was my most memorable restaurant exp and seeing as i dont go to one that offten i was kinda unsure and could not answer it   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – i was told 8 dollars a hour to wash dishes cant beat that i thought

Very Easy Interview

Assistant General Manager Interview

Assistant General Manager
Lancaster, PA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Noodles & Company in March 2014.

Interview Details – I put in an application to interview for the AGM position with Noodles and Company. Got a phone call from the Area Manager to interview with a GM of another location. I arrived five minutes before my scheduled interview time (10:30AM) to be told that the GM was not in until 11. So I decided to wait around. Another interviewer showed up around 10:45AM who had an 11AM interview. We sat together and chatted about our experience and Noodles and Company. 11AM rolls around, the GM still was not there. Around 11:20, one of the staff tells us that he is running late and that they are very sorry. They offered us free meals while we waited, which was a nice gesture. Armondo (the GM) shows up at 12PM and tells us that he was not aware he had any interviews that day and that he was not scheduled until 12PM, though his entire staff said he was scheduled at 11AM. This already made me not want to work at Noodles and was a waste of my time. I went through the interview answering all of his questions. He seemed more concerned of me not having a restaurant background rather than having the qualifications that meet the job requirements.

Interview Question – Why do you want to switch from retail to the restaurant industry?   Answer Question

Culinary Team Member Interview

Culinary Team Member
Milwaukee, WI

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Noodles & Company.

Interview Details – I applied online and I went to the restaurant to put a face to the application and they happened to be slow enough that I was able to sit down with the general manager immediately. The job duties were explained and I met an additional member of the management team. They asked how much I expected to be paid. I stated that I was firm at $9 minimum. They accepted the request and I was hired that day.

Interview Question – I was asked how I would handle an unruly customer and how I would handle a customer that criticized the quality of the food served.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was asked what I expected to be paid, given the job requirements. I stated firmly that I wanted $9 minimum. The GM conferred with the person under her in command and returned. She informed me that they would be able to give me $9. I later got an increase of 50 cents after 6 months.

Very Easy Interview

Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Noodles & Company in January 2010.

Interview Details – I walked in one day and I had a conversation with the manager. We mostly talked about things. He asked what I liked doing in my spare time and liked the fact that I was involved in choir and acting at my school. He thought I was an interesting person and could tell that I was outgoing so he hired me on the spot.

Worked for Noodles & Company? Contribute to the Community!