Noodles & Company

Updated Jan 12, 2015
Updated Jan 12, 2015

2.2

Server Interview

Went to fill out an application at the restaurant prior to its opening and was given an interview with the GM and a couple people from HR immediately after filling out my application. They were very friendly, looked over my application and asked me some questions about my work history. I had prior serving experience at a restaurant that operated similar to Noodles which they liked. No situational questions or questions that caught me off guard. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Could you see yourself staying with the company and someday working in a management position or for corporate?   View Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookfield, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookfield, WI

I applied online – interviewed at Noodles & Company in December 2014.

I sent my resume online to Noodles & Company and they called within a few weeks to set up an interview. They brought me in the next day and I handed them a paper copy of my resume, which he seemed pleased with and geared my interview questions towards my prior employment. He called 10 minutes after to set up a second interview and brought me in the next day to speak with the GM. He was not there to conduct the interview, so the Assistant GM gave me free dinner which was nice. He was very accommodating and sorry that the GM didn't show and relayed to me that it was a miscommunication and that I should come back tomorrow for the interview. I was hired on the spot. It was an overall pleasant experience.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if your schedule gets to busy? (The questions were not that difficult.)   Answer Question
    Very accommodating. He really wanted to hire me and agreed to my conditions, which were within reason. I said I couldn't easily work Monday's and that I would need time off for church on Sunday's. He accepted and I'm very happy now!

Shift Manager Interview

The interviews were exceedingly easy if you have any knowledge of management whatsoever. There were two in-person interviews, and both asked the same generic questions. The questions were all along the lines of having you explain your past work experience, how said experience would help you contribute to Noodles, what made you want to come work for Noodles, etc.

Interview Questions
    • The question that most resembled a difficult question was not really difficult at all, just that it would be different for each person; "what made you want to come to Noodles?"   View Answer
    Very little negotiation, but I was able to secure a slightly higher wage than the usual starting pay for a shift manager.

Team Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Noodles & Company.

I applied online and received a call from the general manager within the week to come in for an interview. For the interview, the GM said I would first be interviewed by the Assistant Manager and if he thought I was a good candidate I would then sit with her. Both interviews involved pretty much the same questions just worded differently. After they spoke for a few minutes, the GM came back and offered me a position as a Team Member with the potential to move up to Shift Manager if I showed the drive to learn and run all of the stations.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do to make a guest happy if they were unsatisfied?
      Would you give free food to keep a customer happy?

Answer Question

I Was Interviewing to BE A Team Member (Cashier/Server) Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Noodles & Company.

I applied and got a call a few days later for an interview. I had an interview with the assistant manager who was an arrogant d!ck. He changed what table he was interviewing me at three times (I don't know why). He was pretty intimidating, acting like he wasn't interested the entire time and mentioned several times that if I didn't get a call back they decided to go in a different direction.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a customer complaint?   Answer Question
    • What do you consider good customer service?   Answer Question
    • If you could only name three attributes of yourself on this list, what would they be and why? (List of ten words)   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Noodles & Company in October 2014.

I applied for the job online and after I submitted , got a immediate call back . That surprised me since no where else calls me that fast or hardly ever call me to begin with. I go in the next day 10 minutes early . I was expecting just a one on one interview but instead had a group interview with 2 other applicants. Ugh . After the interview I was told I would get a call back on like Tuesday but never got a call back . I knew this was too good to be true.

Interview Questions
    • I felt like I was in school when the manager told us to write what is inside and outside of a refrigerator and then pass it around to the others to read it aloud . They were supposed to be group exercises and make us more comfortable I guess....so i was told.

We were then asked to tell her about ourselves and just other typical questions. I was trying the whole time to be original but not easy when there are others there too giving their answers.

Then the manager told us to make a skit or some kind of rap in like 10 minutes with the other applicants . Just why? Why would I want to work with people I am competing against for the job? I consider myself creative but I can't come up with anything that fast at all. Like why would this be useful ? I just applied to cook noodles or clean or whatever they would of had me do.

Answer Question

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Noodles & Company in October 2014.

Apply online, short interview where they read you your application and your resume if provided, tell you your job will be a completely different duty than what you applied for (start as dishwasher)

Interview Questions
    • What is your favourite dish at Noodles and Company?   View Answer
    • Why do you want to work for us?   View Answer
    • Why haven't you gotten into the restaurant business sooner?   View Answer
    • What do you see yourself doing in the next five years?   View Answer

The job was not what I applied for, and the location was too far

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Castle Rock, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Castle Rock, CO

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Noodles & Company in October 2014.

Very easy, was called for an interview by the gm. Since she was unavailable at the time I was available she had her assistant do the interview. He loved me. He said he would let her know that he wants her to hire me. He said one of them will call me the next day to let me know. Within an hour he called me to let me know she really wanted to meet me. We set up a time for me to come in and talk with her. We sat and just had a normal conversation, it was really natural. Was hired right away.

Interview Questions
    Asked for $10/hr, was given $10.50/hr no question.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Noodles & Company.

Did online application was called in about 4 weeks quick interview outside. manager seemed rushed and not very friendly neither did any of the workers. seemed reluctant to point out the manager. also rude to others ordering and yelling at a girl working because she cooked the noodles wrong.

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thornton, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thornton, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Noodles & Company in September 2014.

Apply online, phone interview, one on one interview. Very easy interview. They will read your resume and if offered the job you may need to take a drug test. Very simple interview but if you have many jobs on your resume or are 2 minutes late (like me) they will scrutinise you greatly.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to be in the restaurant business?   View Answer
    • What is your favourite dish here?   View Answer