Noodles & Company Interview Questions

Updated Aug 8, 2014
Updated Aug 8, 2014

2.3

Shift Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Noodles & Company in October 2011.

It's a behavioral interview: they want you to provide examples that have happened in real life. Don't give one word answers or hypotheticals where possible: they want to see how you think, and handle different situations. They also want to see that you care about things they (like any company) need you to care about: preparing good food, food safety, treating customers and coworkers with respect, being willing to help your team regardless if a task is "your job" and so on.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time when you went above and beyond for someone else.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vernon Hills, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Noodles & Company in June 2012.

When I first got interviewed me they asked if I had any previous experience with food service. They asked how well I work with others, especially in a stressful situation. They asked about where I was going to school and where I graduated high school. When I got hired we went through the business initiative of noodles and company and how they run things in the restaurant.

Interview Questions
    • Are you excited to work with your brother?   View Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Blaine, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blaine, MN

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Noodles & Company in July 2014.

I went in on their Tuesday open house, they were super busy so I asked if I should come back when they weren't so busy and he said to come back next week. I came back the next Tuesday and had an interview, it was pretty casual and I was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate the pay offered was reasonable.

Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Noodles & Company.

I applied online initially and I called back after about two weeks to check on the status of my application. The manager welcomed me to stop by for an interview that day. The interview was extremely awkward and it didn't help that it was my first job interview. He told me that he would look over everything and then contact his general manager and that they would get in contact with me.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here?

Tell me about yourself...
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lake Delton, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Delton, WI

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Noodles & Company in June 2013.

Had to sit outside because the building was under construction, 1 interview, short, only 10 minutes. Only one manager had interviewed me, but two managers interviewed everyone else. People were waiting to be interviewed. Outside was dirty, couldn't hear because of construction.

Ask to be paid higher.

Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Noodles & Company.

I applied online and they called me a week later and set up a interview for the next day. The interview seemed to go really well but I did not get the job.

Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Noodles & Company in December 2013.

I applied and never called because of lengthy drive but I was contacted anyway. I went in for an interview and met with one of the shift managers because the manager was preoccupied. It lasted about 15 minutes and was called back with a job offer later the next week.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you had bad experience with a coworker and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Noodle Ambassador Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Noodles & Company in April 2014.

I applied online and was called to interview in person a few days later. I arrived 15 minutes early for the interview and the friendly cashier told me she'd let the person who was going to interview me know I was there. They didn't seem to be that busy (they intentionally scheduled the interview in the afternoon when they are less busy) but the interviewer seemed rushed and unfriendly. He sat down in an empty part of the restaurant with me and asked a bunch of questions from a printed list. Most of the questions were really vague, and difficult to know what they wanted you to answer. I'm afraid I must have answered some unfavorably because he scribbled down answers quickly and skipped over a bunch too. The whole process probably took less than 10 minutes and he dismissed me quickly saying they'd call me if they want me to come in to interview with the hiring manager.

A few days later I called the store to ask if the position was still available. The operator said she'd transfer me to the hiring manager and asked for my name. Soon I heard her on the line again saying "We're still doing primary interviews, so we'll be calling people back for second interviews later." Yeah right, no Noodles job needs that much consideration. What really happened was she told the hiring manager my name, he looked up some notes and said "Oh yeah, we don't want her. But don't tell her that, make sure you give her false hope and keep her hanging on. Hahaha what a naive fool!" I wish some employers would just get a spine, show some respect, and directly state they are no longer considering me.

Line Cook? (Dishwasher?, Server?, Prep Cook?, Slave?) Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Noodles & Company.

1 interview and got a call back in less than 7 hours i think it was because of how lax the interview went and prior exp

Interview Questions
    • what was my most memorable restaurant exp and seeing as i dont go to one that offten i was kinda unsure and could not answer it   Answer Question
    i was told 8 dollars a hour to wash dishes cant beat that i thought

Assistant General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lancaster, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, PA

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Noodles & Company in March 2014.

I put in an application to interview for the AGM position with Noodles and Company. Got a phone call from the Area Manager to interview with a GM of another location. I arrived five minutes before my scheduled interview time (10:30AM) to be told that the GM was not in until 11. So I decided to wait around. Another interviewer showed up around 10:45AM who had an 11AM interview. We sat together and chatted about our experience and Noodles and Company. 11AM rolls around, the GM still was not there. Around 11:20, one of the staff tells us that he is running late and that they are very sorry. They offered us free meals while we waited, which was a nice gesture. Armondo (the GM) shows up at 12PM and tells us that he was not aware he had any interviews that day and that he was not scheduled until 12PM, though his entire staff said he was scheduled at 11AM. This already made me not want to work at Noodles and was a waste of my time. I went through the interview answering all of his questions. He seemed more concerned of me not having a restaurant background rather than having the qualifications that meet the job requirements.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to switch from retail to the restaurant industry?   Answer Question

Worked for Noodles & Company? Contribute to the Community!