Noodles & Company

Getting the Interview

9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Team Member

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Noodles & Company.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a call to set up an interview the very next day. The interview was very standard- "Why do you want to work here" as well as what I was doing in college and what I was planning to do after (the restaurant location was on campus).

Interview Question – "How long would you be with us?" - The location was on a college campus, so I assume they'd expect the students to just want to be in and out of the job, but they really want people who are willing to commit to at least a year or longer. Anyway, there weren't any difficult questions, really.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Noodles & Company

Interview Details – Applied online and followed up with company by calling to ask about application process. Came in for two interviews. Each one was with a different manager. Was offered the job at the 2nd interview. Fairly predictable questions and process. The interview happened inside of the restaurant at the tables so it was a little distracting.

Interview Question – Lots of 'give us an example' questions.   Answer Question

Team Member

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Noodles & Company.

Interview Details – There was first an initial interview with the assistant manager. Very easy going and informal. Just talked about the job and prior experiences, basically a screening interview. Second interview was a couple days later with the general manager. A little more formal but still relaxed. Asked about prior experiences and ask hypothetical situations and how you would handle it. Heard back a few days later with an offer.

Interview Question – When was a time you had deal with an uncooperative customer? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Woodbridge, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Noodles & Company in March 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a call a little less than a week later. We discussed what day would be best for an interview and decided on a date. On that day, I showed up and greeted the Hiring Manager a long with the Area Manager. The whole interview lasted about an hour. By the end of it, I was sweating and nervous, but it paid off because I got offered a job on the spot!

Interview Question – I don't remember any questions being difficult, but it was hard for me to tell them what was my favorite dish, but I was honest and told I'd never ate there before and went along and chose a general dish that I had heard good things about.   Answer Question

Team Member

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Noodles & Company.

Interview Details – The lady was a total jerk she sat me down in a chair and asked me to tell her about myself and as I did she got up and walked away, when she came back she told me to continue and I did she said that I already said that. then she asked me more questions but did not pay any attention she also did not write anything down

Interview Question – How do you handle a stressful situation.   Answer Question

Team Member

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Noodles & Company in August 2013.

Interview Details – I applied to Noodles & Company approximately 2 weeks before I received a call from a woman saying that she was interested in setting up an interview with me. I had applied at two different locations, including one that was still in the process of construction about a mile from my house. She specified that the job was for the brand new location by my house but that the interview would take place at a Noodles location about 40 minutes away. The interview took place three days later. I left my house about an hour early, and I was really glad I did because I got slightly lost... never rely solely on iPhone maps. I got there about ten minutes early and went up to the cashier who offered me a drink and told me to wait, because the hiring manager was in the middle of another interview. I was a little nervous because this was an interview for my very first job as well as the second interview I had ever had in my life. Anyway, I waited for about ten minutes at a table and then the manager came over and asked me to move to the table he had been interviewing at previously. The interview was very relaxed and we ended up making each other laugh back and forth. At one point we even talked about music. There were still serious questions asked, but the friendly manner in which the manager conducted the interview made it much easier to be relaxed and be myself. The interview itself lasted about twenty minutes, and apparently I made a good impression because I was offered a job on the spot with the comment made that I, "Have a good head on my shoulders."

Interview Questions

Richmond, VA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Noodles & Company in November 2012.

Interview Details – I walked in and asked if they were hiring they were indeed, so I filled out an application online, they only accept online applications, about 3 days later I recieved a call to come in for an interview the next day or maybe 2. I came in for the interview and interviewed with the General Manager first and then the assistent general manager, The process was pretty painless given this was my first job I wasnt thrown very many difficult questions I had no expirence they ask about your strengths and weaknesses standard fare.

Interview Question – None really   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation I wasn't even told what I would be payed until I started I didn't find it relevent given I had no expirnece.

West Saint Paul, MN

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Noodles & Company in August 2009.

Interview Details – I applied online- I got a phone call a few days later asking if i would come in for an interview. I gladly accepted. They used a two tier interview process so the first interview was with the AGM. It was very relaxed and we laughed and chatted about my work history. She had an interview guide but didnt seem to follow it. I was then told they would call if the were interested in a second interview-I got a call two days later for an interview with the GM. This was more formal and she seemed to follow the interview guide closely asking open ended questions letting me fill the void spaces.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions really. I was prepared to answer their questions.   Answer Question

Sandy, UT

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Noodles & Company in February 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and several weeks later they called me in for an interview. While I was waiting they gave me a free drink. The manager was very distracted and rude the whole time he interviewed me. When he asked me a question he would figet looking around the room. I also told him I had 6 years experience working with food and he told me I didn't have enough experience. He said they always do 2 interviews to make it fair and I would recieve a call in a couple of days to interview with another manager- they never called me in for another interview but they did call me to tell me they hired somebody else.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Noodles & Company

Worked for Noodles & Company? Contribute to the Community!

Noodles & Company Videos

Noodles & Company – Why Work for Us?

The story begins in 1993 when serving fresh food fast was virtually unheard of. In fact, the term "fast casual" didn't even exist. The only option for busy people and families on the go was the fast food drive thru… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Noodles & Company Team Member interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Noodles & Company employees and interview candidates.