Nordea Bank

2.5

Interviewed for A Junior Trading Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Nordea Bank in July 2009.

Meet with HR representative Rosanne Paladino, very pleasant. Was asked to fill out standard paperwork, then to join her for a one-one in the conference room. General questions about my resume, myself, education, why Nordea? Why not another bank? Then met with a friendly gentleman from the trading division. The interview went great, he even walked me to the elevator and held the door to continue conversation, however.................. As I was told a decision would be take shortly approx 1 week after the interview, Roseanne Paladino kept leading me on, telling me she would reach a conclusion shortly and that they were going through the final stages........ When I called back the third time she had quit, and there was a new person responsible for her work, the person was not aware my interview had ever taken place, and was rather unpleasant. Furthermore the individual told me they would return my call, and see what the progress was on the decision! No luck, they never called back, never gave an explanation of what happened, or any information on the position. Very unprofessional!

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vilnius (Lithuania)
    Anonymous Employee in Vilnius (Lithuania)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Nordea Bank in September 2014.

Many stages: 1. meeting HR and potential colleague, 2. SQL coding task, 3. Baltic banking sector key challenges and how to deal with it, 4. Loan tape analysis, 5. Presentation of analysis, 6. Interview with manager, 7. Personality test (failed to provide due to technical issues), 8. Recommendations from past employers.

Interview Questions
    • Provide three findings from your past job (had almost exactly same position) that you find most important in banking? Mainly asking for know-how from past employer, inappropriate question. Nordea bank asked me many questions, however did not provide opportunity to ask them questions, one sided interview.   Answer Question

Student Positions Interview

Applied online and followed up with a phone call. Got called in for an interview and met with the one manager and one employee. The interview lasted one hour and the interviewers were very nice and relaxed.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were very straight forward: My background, what do I want to do, why choose Nordea.   Answer Question

Business Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Copenhagen (Denmark)
    Anonymous Employee in Copenhagen (Denmark)

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Nordea Bank.

I received an email with an invitation to the first interview round. There was a second round after that with the three best applicant. At the end they didnt hire anyone. I asked fora feedback from the manager who conducted the interview but he refused to give it, supporting that he/she was not obliged to.

Interview Questions
    • The job description was for someone from a business school who holds a master degree in finance ( I fulfilled that). No technical skilled were required in the job ad nor I have any on my resume. The manager who conducted the interview, was rather disappointed when I answered to him that I do not know SQL or any other programming language   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Helsinki, Southern Finland (Finland)
    Anonymous Employee in Helsinki, Southern Finland (Finland)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Nordea Bank.

Process took nearly three months.

Applied online, after a month got invited for first interview. Manager mainly talking about their business and asked few personal questions.

Later got invitation for online tests, basic SHL. Verbal, Logic, Quant reasoning & Personality

Went through the test scores (got high results) and SHL personality questionnaire. Few HR questions about the personality and hobbies.

Was promised to get results within next week, but after waiting for extra time had to follow-up myself and was told i did not get the job.

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)
    Anonymous Employee in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nordea Bank in March 2014.

Got contacted by phone and was invited to an initial interview in Stockholm.

First interview was pretty straight forward and short (20 min).

Got invited to a second interview with other managers in the department. A bit longer this time, about an hour or so. Interviewers were all very kind and helpful.

Finally, I was invited to do present a case and answer related questions afterwards. Once again about an hour in total.

Homeloan Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Uppsala, Uppsala (Sweden)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Uppsala, Uppsala (Sweden)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordea Bank in April 2012.

It was 2 interviewers which was very friendly, asked background questions. Got the job a week after

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Copenhagen (Denmark)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Nordea Bank in March 2011.

Quite positive, but long process. It takes about 3 months in all.

Test Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nordea Bank in June 2010.

Phone intervied and later group interview at L&T info tech Mumbai

Interview Questions
    • tell about ur company negatives and my manger was with me in call   View Answer
    • How about your family to leave and work in unknow country   View Answer
    I accepted what L&T infotech desided

Senior Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Copenhagen (Denmark)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nordea Bank in April 2008.

I already had another offer where I waited for the contract, and when they called I informed them about that. They told me it was up to me if I wanted to come for an interview. I went because it's an attractive employer and an "tripple A" name.

Two quite short interviews with the hiring manager. Half hour after I left from the first the manager called and asked whether I was interested. I said yes. I was invited back the following day to meet another manager. Very short interview and the hiring manager came in. We had a very short negotiation of the compensation package. I basically got what I wanted.

Nordea does have a logical/skills test. HR was supposed to send it, but the hiring manager skipped it, as they were under time pressure. The week after I got my first salary...

Interview Questions
    • Questions about my specific skills/competencies mentioned in CV   Answer Question
    For my part it was the easiest ever. But the compensation package was very attractive at first hand.