Nordson

Updated Jul 28, 2014
Updated Jul 28, 2014

2.2

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nordson.

Started with phone screen with HR, followed by in person interview with Manager (1 on 1) and various Engineers (1 on 1), followed by a return trip for interview with Sr. Manager who was not available that same day of initial interview. After interview with manager was complete, they provided a small tour of the manufacturing area.

Interview Questions
    • They brought out their technical drawings to gauge your knowledge of blue print reading and specifically asked about symbols used on the drawing.   View Answer
    Negotiation was tough to get them to budge, asked for sign on bonus and negotiated on that in order to consider accepting and accepted one after some negotiation on the bonus portion. Recommend refusing to provide current or last salary because they will not move much past what your previous employer was compensating.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johns Creek, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johns Creek, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Nordson.

This is an easy interview for any one who can answer questions confidently on the fly. Its extremely helpful to know someone at the organization, this will also be helpful for promotions and raises upon hire. You will have to pass a drug test.

Interview Questions
    Yes I was able to negotiate. Corporate guidelines are fairly strict. I wasn't successful to get anything outside there range.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amherst, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amherst, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Nordson.

Was initially contacted by a recruiter, followed by a 30 minute phone screening (current salary, expectations, 8 question knowledge screening quiz relevant to the position) with the internal HR rep. After the phone call, another 30 minute phone screen was setup with a manager. After the phone screening, an on-site interview was held with 2 potential colleagues and the would-be immediate manager. So far there was nothing but positive feedback in the process, except for some very pushy and unprofessional dialog from the recruiter - after the second unprofessional contact with the recruiter, I terminated correspondence with the recruiter and informed the internal HR rep that I would prefer further communications to be direct with her.
    Another on-site interview was scheduled, where I met with the same people and didn't really answer any additional questions that weren't covered prior. I was then asked to fill out an employment application, provide references, etc. Again, after receiving nothing but positive feedback I was informed that they were going in a different direction and no offer was made. I don't know if the recruiter sabotaged my chances after I ceased contact with him or if I was just being strung along by the company or what the real reason possibly could've been why no offer was extended. No feedback was given after being told they were going in a different direction.
    I was a little disappointed I spent as much time as I did preparing and rearranging my schedule over multiple days only to end up not even getting an offer. The people seemed nice, so I can't really say it was a negative experience - just a disappointment.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing super difficult, just discussed my general background.   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordson.

Quick and not in-depth.

Simple and uncomplicated

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nordson in November 2011.

I initially contacted Nordson through my college's career website. They got back to me within a few days and scheduled a phone interview. They mostly asked about my academic and lab experience throughout the interview (which makes sense because I was applying to a research position). The interviewer seemed interested enough that he invited me to an onsite interview. However, for some unknown reason, they emailed me and took back their offer for the onsite interview. I am not sure why.