Nordson Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2015

2.5

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Nordson.

Interview

Had a phone interview where i was asked general HR questions. Once that cleared i was asked to schedule another phone interview with the technical supervisor. The technical supervisor had some specific questions without going to much into detail. After that phone interview, i was asked to meet in person for a 3rd interview. The 3rd interview started with a meeting with HR where they asked HR questions about your personality and the type of employee you would be. She also went through the company background and benefits. After i met with the technical staff, i was given a tour of the facility and told they would make a decision in a couple of weeks.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my current salary and what i would like to make   Answer Question

Office Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nordson.

Interview

Applied online. Initial phone screen with a recruiter, followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. Next were two rounds of in-person interviews; each round lasted a half day. In total I met with around 11 different people before an offer was extended. Offer was contingent upon a background check, reference checks and a drug screen.

Interview Questions

• Questions were very basic; it seemed that many of the people I met with did not have much experience with conducting an interview. They had written questions in front of them to help them facilitate discussion.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nordson.

Interview

Started with phone screen with HR, followed by in person interview with Manager (1 on 1) and various Engineers (1 on 1), followed by a return trip for interview with Sr. Manager who was not available that same day of initial interview. After interview with manager was complete, they provided a small tour of the manufacturing area.

Interview Questions

• They brought out their technical drawings to gauge your knowledge of blue print reading and specifically asked about symbols used on the drawing.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was tough to get them to budge, asked for sign on bonus and negotiated on that in order to consider accepting and accepted one after some negotiation on the bonus portion. Recommend refusing to provide current or last salary because they will not move much past what your previous employer was compensating.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Nordson (Carlsbad, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

There was only a phone interview, no in-person interview. This is only the second time I was hired based soley on a phone interview. They were only interested in my background, so I shared with them relavent work history. I don't recall any overly esoteric interview type questions, just generic which languages and compilers did I use for previous work, etc.

Interview Questions

• They were only interested in my background.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nordson (Atlanta, GA) in June 2014.

Interview

Phone screen then Face-to-face interview. Interview was very relaxed. Treated you like a business professional from the time you walk in till you leave. Very friendly upper management. You will meet with a rep from the HR department and then meet with the hiring manager or hiring team.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in your next position? Why Nordson?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johns Creek, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Nordson (Johns Creek, GA).

Interview

This is an easy interview for any one who can answer questions confidently on the fly. Its extremely helpful to know someone at the organization, this will also be helpful for promotions and raises upon hire. You will have to pass a drug test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes I was able to negotiate. Corporate guidelines are fairly strict. I wasn't successful to get anything outside there range.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amherst, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Nordson (Amherst, OH).

Interview

Was initially contacted by a recruiter, followed by a 30 minute phone screening (current salary, expectations, 8 question knowledge screening quiz relevant to the position) with the internal HR rep. After the phone call, another 30 minute phone screen was setup with a manager. After the phone screening, an on-site interview was held with 2 potential colleagues and the would-be immediate manager. So far there was nothing but positive feedback in the process, except for some very pushy and unprofessional dialog from the recruiter - after the second unprofessional contact with the recruiter, I terminated correspondence with the recruiter and informed the internal HR rep that I would prefer further communications to be direct with her. Another on-site interview was scheduled, where I met with the same people and didn't really answer any additional questions that weren't covered prior. I was then asked to fill out an employment application, provide references, etc. Again, after receiving nothing but positive feedback I was informed that they were going in a different direction and no offer was made. I don't know if the recruiter sabotaged my chances after I ceased contact with him or if I was just being strung along by the company or what the real reason possibly could've been why no offer was extended. No feedback was given after being told they were going in a different direction. I was a little disappointed I spent as much time as I did preparing and rearranging my schedule over multiple days only to end up not even getting an offer. The people seemed nice, so I can't really say it was a negative experience - just a disappointment.

Interview Questions

• Nothing super difficult, just discussed my general background.   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordson.

Interview

Quick and not in-depth.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Simple and uncomplicated

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Nordson (Carlsbad, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

I initially contacted Nordson through my college's career website. They got back to me within a few days and scheduled a phone interview. They mostly asked about my academic and lab experience throughout the interview (which makes sense because I was applying to a research position). The interviewer seemed interested enough that he invited me to an onsite interview. However, for some unknown reason, they emailed me and took back their offer for the onsite interview. I am not sure why.