Nordstrom

Updated Jun 30, 2014

2.2

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Accessories Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom.

After applying online, I got an email that evening asking for a phone interview. The phone interview was pretty easy, basically "Why do you want to work at nordstrom" and "Do you have availability on nights and weekends?", then they asked to set up an in person interview. For that, I was asked fairly generic questions, Name a time you have been successful at work, what would you do if you were not meeting sales goals, name a challenge you've had a work and how you did. They told me I would hear in 72 hours, but I hadn't heard anything at the point. On a whim, I checked my Junk email folder, and there was an email requesting more information, basically some specifics about my past employers, and references.

Interview Questions
  • The interviewer had me do a sales exercise, and while it wasn't terribly difficult, I'd never done sales before. He was playing "picky" so I had to kinda quickly look around for what else might better suit his needs, something that would be much easier once you are familiar with the merchandise.   Answer Question
I was told my "calculated" wage would be $12.60, and that I could talk to HR if I had an issues, which I did not.

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Accessories Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Nordstrom.

This was by far my favorite interview that I've ever had.

The whole process took about a week and a half. I filled out the application online on Monday and received an email the next day saying they wanted to do a phone interview. I chose the date, which was 2 days later on Thursday. The HR called and the lady was super nice and she asked questions like: Why do you want to work for Nordstrom? Tell me about a bad customer service experience. Are you okay with commission? Easy stuff. Then we set up an in person interview for the following Tuesday. I was on the phone for 7 minutes.

The 1:1 interview was amazing. It didn't even feel like an interview! He was so relaxed and so nice, I felt like I was just talking to one of my friends! He asked the same questions as the previous lady did. We walked around the store and he asked me to sell him something. It was fun, we were laughing and talking about the different products. It took 20 minutes tops.

He told me within the next two days that I would hear from them. Thursday rolls around and I get a call around 1:30 pm, and they offered me a job.

What I suggest is write down some answers to basic interview questions like the ones I said as well as strengths, weaknesses, why you want to work for a particular department, etc, and have that paper in front of you during the phone interview. It'll prevent you from stuttering and you'll sound more professional.

Good luck!

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Nordstrom?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom in May 2011.

I've been hired by Nordstrom twice now. They always need you to apply online first (where I think they conduct a background check) and have you answer no-brainer questions about how you feel about working on commision (YOU LOVE IT) if you work well with others (YOU DO) and if the customer is always right (THEY ARE!!!)

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Nordstroms?   View Answer
    • What are the qualities you think would be useful in a job like this?   View Answer
    • How do you feel about working on commission?   View Answer
    • #1 How do you perform when you are compared to others? / #2 What would you do if you weren't meeting your sales goals?   View Answers (2)
    • Name a time when you had an upset customer and how you handled it.   View Answer
    No negotiation. Commission.

Sales Associate-Accessories Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at Nordstrom in February 2010.

Although I have not interviewed yet, I filled out an application and questionnaire online. I then called the HR department to confirm that my application was received and then I received an e-mail inviting to a telephonic interview (which will be held this Tuesday). Up to this point, I feel the process has been quite rapid

Accessories Sales Associate Interview

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom in August 2011.

All I can say is the process goes quickly. I am having a phone interview today for a different position (lingerie). My last one on one went well (per the manager) but they went with someone else. Who knows why the last interviewing manager went with someone else... I want this so I'll keep trying.

Accessories Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom in June 2011.

I applied for the job at Nordstrom rack after I saw a job post on another website. I applied and was contacted by phone a few days later and was given a short interview. The questions consisted of basic interview questions such as "What was a time you dealt with conflict?" or "What's your greatest strength?" along with a few other questions. I did well with the phone interview and was invited to have an interview with my department manager a few days after that. I arrived and was greeted very kindly by the department manger who took me to the back room and basically asked me the same types of questions as the phone interview. After the intial interview with the department manager, I was given a tour of the whole store followed by an interview with the general store manager. The whole entire process lasted about an hour and they told me they would contact me if they were interested. A few weeks later I received an offer for the position and gladly took it!