Nordstrom Assistant Department Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2015

2.5

Assistant Department Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Only one interview. Was very based on performance and what the individual would be able to succeed with based on their skill set. Hiring from within is crucial to the culture so understanding the business is important.

Interview Questions

• What makes an effective leader?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Assistant Department Manager Interview

Interview

Phone interview with HR Interview with department manager Interview with store manager Lots of scenario type of questions. For example customer issue.. Working on a team... Commission selling Letting them know early on that you want to grow with the company is a golden star from the start of the interviewing process.

Interview Questions

• What is the hardest customer situation you have ever had go deal with? And what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Dallas, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

Most positions are filled from internal promotions. I was interviewed by the store manager first and then the store manager. Once interviewed it took them two weeks to get back to me and let me know salary details and scheduling. Once we agreed on a salary I had to sit through a management info class and then I could start to work on the floor with my new title.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I could negotiate my salary and schedule.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Diego, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

Interview with department manager and store manager. Works highly on referrals.

Interview Questions

• questions on how you plan to train employees. Use specific examples   Answer Question

Assistant Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

It was brief but on point. The woman called me and we did an interview over the phone which lasted about 20 mins maybe a bit more. She was lovely on the phone and gave me a good idea of what the position would entail and a bit of backstory on the company.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good fit?   1 Answer

Assistant Department Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nordstrom in December 2011.

Interview

This company hires within almost always. You just have to prove yourself as a sales person and show them in your numbers and ability to create accounts, as well as keeping a good repore with your clients.

Assistant Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom in July 2011.

Interview

1 phone interview with HR, 1 in person interview with HR, 1 interview with department manager

Interview Questions

• What is a recent challenge you had to overcome and how did you accomplish it   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate - salary is based on how much volume your department does