Nordstrom Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nordstrom.

The hiring process was very easy, they actually came to me at my former job and it only took a week to get it. I just had external factors at the time that got in the way of being successful and the crappy training I received did not help me either.

Interview Questions
  • The five base sauces, what does that have to do with this Cafe, nothing!   Answer Question
Easy, I told him what I wanted and I got it

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nordstrom in June 2009.

Nordstrom hires from within, you'll generally need to start in sales unless you are going to work at the corporate office.

The online portion of the application is a series of questions to see if you're a possible candidate. Get enough answers wrong and you'll 'light up red' at which point they can't proceed.

The in-person interview was personable and casual although held in an intimidating room.

As a hiring manager I interviewed many prospects and it was generally a series of questions but nothing was set in stone. All answers had to be filled out on a piece of paper and rated for legal reasons. Largely, it comes down to the impression you make.

Interview Questions
    • We liked to ask people to sell us something during the interview. Whether it was a piece of paper or the table they're sitting in front of. Then if they showed promise walk them to the department and have them talk about an item they had no knowledge of.   View Answer
    At a manager level compensation negotiation was important. Mostly the original offer was low and then evaluated later after a year or so. Don't be shy.