Nordstrom Interview Questions in Austin, TX

Updated Jun 21, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom (Austin, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and they e-mailed me the next day about setting up a phone interview, which I set up for the following day. At the end of the phone interview, they said they wanted to continue the hiring process and set up a date for an in-store interview, which was for the following week. After that interview they got back to me in a little over a week offering me the position.

Mens Fragrance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom (Austin, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

basic phone interview, then interviewed with cosmetics manager, who then referred me to the mens fragrance which led to an interview with the dept manager for mens furnishigs, part of the interview included a presentation of what I would provide a customer with everythig needed for traveling for 2 weeks. Other than the length of time that it took I was satisfied with the way it all worked out

Interview Questions

• mostly focused on providing examples of goal setting and what I've done when I didn't make them happen   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was informed of all that was being offered at the time was basic starting wages with seasonal status due to coming off of disability

Nordstrom Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom (Austin, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

They call you first with a brief phone interview then from there if you pass that part, you get an in-person interview with the department manager for the specific position that you are applying to.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom (Austin, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

Very laid back, easy going and friendly. Arrived to Customer Experience and waited to be escorted to the back of Nordstrom. The manager arrived not long afterwards and led me back to a small room with a table and two chairs and we sat down and she asked me various questions about my experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you helped a disgruntled customer, how did you turn it around?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was very relaxed and easy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Nordstrom (Austin, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

I applied online, filled out basic application questions, took small personality test, uploaded résumé. That same day, I received an email thanking me for applying and letting me know they thought I have the qualifications they were looking for and to click the link in the email to schedule a time to have a phone interview.

After the phone interview, I was asked to come in to interview with the department manager a few days later. I was told at the end of my interview that she would let me know "soon" about her decision, which turned out to be a few hours later!

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult or surprising; I was asked to sell an item to the department manager, mainly so she could see whether or not I was comfortable approaching customers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation; all sales positions work on commission.

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom (Austin, TX).

Interview

After applying online and taking assessments I received an email to set up a phone interview with Human Resources. The phone interview was a little lengthy (30-45) minutes. After the phone interview I was called in for a face to face interview with Human Resources. The interview questions were mostly situational "can you recall a time at work when...". This interview was roughly 45 minutes as well. After this, I had a face to face interview with the manager of my department. The manager asked similar questions as HR. I was also required to run around the store and pick out an outfit to sell for a role-play sales exercise. After the interview, I was called about 5 days later and offered the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was unable to negotiate because the salary is commission based. It took about 2 weeks after I accepted the position to begin my new-hire orientation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom (Austin, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

Application process starts online. Then there is a phone interview through Human Resources. After the phone interview there is a group interview or a one on one with the specific department manager you wish to work for. To finalize there is a short interview with the general manager of the entire store.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom (Austin, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

After submitting my resume online, I got a call from a department manager. We did a brief overview and chatted about my experience. Then we did a face to face interview, which went well. The next interview was with a sales manager for the cosmetic company. It was all pretty standard.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Nordstrom (Austin, TX) in September 2010.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview that was very simple and easy, followed by a one on one
     In Which role play was used.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was simple.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Nordstrom (Austin, TX) in June 2010.

Interview

I applied online, the HR manager called me the next day to come in for an interview; we met and talked for about 15 minutes about my experience, any history with commission-based sales (this was a biggie), and how I relate with other people. She called me the next day and said I had been hired on as a rover (due to my lack of retail experience), and, based on performance, I could move on into a full position eventually.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I would advise those not in commission-based jobs to negotiate a higher salary than the first one offered.