Nordstrom

2.2

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom in October 2014.

Very well spent interviewing process with manager Justin. He was very informative and let me know what it would take to Recieve and do my job fully. I see big things happening for me with this company :)

Interview Questions
  • Why would you wanna work for NORDSTROM?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom in August 2013.

I applied online and was later asked to set up a time for a phone interview. The phone interview went smoothly and they just ask you a few questions one of which was why you were interested in working at Nordstrom. The lady on the phone then invited me back for a face to face interview. The face to face interview took place right outside the store and the manager simply asked pretty much the usual customer service questions, handed me a packet of the store guidelines and also showed me around the place.

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom in August 2013.

This was without a doubt the shortest interview I had ever been on! I had applied to Nordstrom's before for other positions, and usually there is a phone screening first, there was no phone screening. The manager called me directly about 5 days after I filled out the online application.

He asked me one question which was, tell me about yourself? I answered, and he ended the interview right after that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom in March 2013.

I applied online and about 2 days later I got a call which turned out to be a screening. I had prewritten answers for the usual retail/customer service questions (i.e. Why us? What is customer service to you? What was your first experience at our establishment? Tell us about a time where...?) The phone interview went well because of this and she asked me to come in for an in person interview. When I got there I was offered a drink but declined because I wanted it after. I was interviewed by the manager and the "manager in training" the manager was very nice and would say "nice" after all my responses (good sign). The manager in training was young and seemed bored which was natural for a girl her age. Afterwards the manager began telling me about different options for parking as far as passes, certain lots, shuttles, and such that were available to employees (good sign when a manager speaks on the future). She then asked for me to repeat my availability which was limited at the time. She told me I'd hear back within a week. I got an email about a week later saying they chose other candidates. I already knew it was my limited availability, good thing I had a job somewhere else before I even got the email.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you had a conflict with a co-worker? - This was only weird because you never want to sound negative in an interview.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom in November 2012.

I was referred through a friend that worked at the eBar. I applied online and the manager gave me a call about a month later. I went to visit the store and met with the manager of the eBar. It was a solid interview and not too stressful. I was hired within a week.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was why do you want to work here? I just said that I wanted to work for a progressive company and enjoy the sales business. Nordies is known for the excellent customer service and great sales experience. I think the key is to say that you want to be there for a long term period.   Answer Question
    Since I did not have any experience in working with coffee, they offered my 9 an hour. I accepted because I did not have any other job and needed something to get by. I ended up learning a lot and enjoyed my time working there. I am considering to reapply and work there again since I got laid off from my last job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom in October 2011.

You sit in a private room on the 3rd floor and blab for a few minutes.

N/A

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redondo Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redondo Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nordstrom in August 2011.

Was very friendly! Asked lots of hypothetical questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom in May 2011.

I found the job posting from Craigslist, and applied online through their website. After a few days I was called in for an interview. Because they previous person had quit abruptly they needed an immediate replacement and so I was hired on the spot, so I started a few days after that.

Interview Questions
    • None really, just your basic customer service related questions.   Answer Question

Barista Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom in October 2009.

I came in with a completed application, resume and reference page.
    The cafe manager was present, and since it was a slow time, we sat and had a very informal interview on the spot.
    I was surprised by the relaxed feeling of the meeting. she asked all the important questions regarding experience, job history, customer service stuff, why i want to work there etc, etc.
    by interviewing this way, i feel she was able to truly get a feel for who i am and what she is in for if i were to become an employee and representative of their legendary customer service.
    i respect that approach, because in turn, i felt that the true me came through, rather than play the game of saying the correct motivational and customer service career buzz words.
    i had a second interview with the store manager where she also got the chance to ask me random questions, size me up, and feel me out as an employee and person.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murray, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murray, UT

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Nordstrom in January 2009.

Recommended by a friend to apply and went to the Nordstrom store and filled out the computer application. few days later had a call about interviews times and then came in and had about a 30 minute interview with the manager. few days later had a call to ask when i could start

Interview Questions
    • no real difficult questions or unusual ones. straight forward   Answer Question