Nordstrom Barista Interview Questions

Updated Mar 7, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom (White Plains, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied on line. Received a call from the manager to come in. We sat and it was a really personal interview as the E-Bar is suppose to be a really good face for the Nordstrom store. It's a really simple interview and really just depends on your personality from what I've seen. You need to just prove that you're able to work in a hectic environment while remaining cool and keeping a smile.

Interview Questions

• Q: What was the most stressful work situation you've had ?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom (Dallas, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Very well spent interviewing process with manager Justin. He was very informative and let me know what it would take to Recieve and do my job fully. I see big things happening for me with this company :)

Interview Questions

• Why would you wanna work for NORDSTROM?   1 Answer

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom in May 2014.

Interview

First I had to create a portfolio online that would send me notifications when jobs I was interested in were hiring. Then I submitted my application online and was called back within a month. I was called in for an interview that lasted about 10-15 minutes with the manager. I did not think the interview went over so well but I ended up getting a call back about an offer for a position.

Interview Questions

• How long does it take you to learn drink recipes.   1 Answer
    • How do you deal with difficult customers?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2013.

Interview

I applied online and was later asked to set up a time for a phone interview. The phone interview went smoothly and they just ask you a few questions one of which was why you were interested in working at Nordstrom. The lady on the phone then invited me back for a face to face interview. The face to face interview took place right outside the store and the manager simply asked pretty much the usual customer service questions, handed me a packet of the store guidelines and also showed me around the place.

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom in August 2013.

Interview

This was without a doubt the shortest interview I had ever been on! I had applied to Nordstrom's before for other positions, and usually there is a phone screening first, there was no phone screening. The manager called me directly about 5 days after I filled out the online application.

He asked me one question which was, tell me about yourself? I answered, and he ended the interview right after that.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom (Santa Monica, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

I applied online and about 2 days later I got a call which turned out to be a screening. I had prewritten answers for the usual retail/customer service questions (i.e. Why us? What is customer service to you? What was your first experience at our establishment? Tell us about a time where...?) The phone interview went well because of this and she asked me to come in for an in person interview. When I got there I was offered a drink but declined because I wanted it after. I was interviewed by the manager and the "manager in training" the manager was very nice and would say "nice" after all my responses (good sign). The manager in training was young and seemed bored which was natural for a girl her age. Afterwards the manager began telling me about different options for parking as far as passes, certain lots, shuttles, and such that were available to employees (good sign when a manager speaks on the future). She then asked for me to repeat my availability which was limited at the time. She told me I'd hear back within a week. I got an email about a week later saying they chose other candidates. I already knew it was my limited availability, good thing I had a job somewhere else before I even got the email.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had a conflict with a co-worker? - This was only weird because you never want to sound negative in an interview.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

I was referred through a friend that worked at the eBar. I applied online and the manager gave me a call about a month later. I went to visit the store and met with the manager of the eBar. It was a solid interview and not too stressful. I was hired within a week.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was why do you want to work here? I just said that I wanted to work for a progressive company and enjoy the sales business. Nordies is known for the excellent customer service and great sales experience. I think the key is to say that you want to be there for a long term period.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Since I did not have any experience in working with coffee, they offered my 9 an hour. I accepted because I did not have any other job and needed something to get by. I ended up learning a lot and enjoyed my time working there. I am considering to reapply and work there again since I got laid off from my last job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom (Bloomington, MN) in October 2011.

Interview

You sit in a private room on the 3rd floor and blab for a few minutes.

Negotiation

N/A

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redondo Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nordstrom (Redondo Beach, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Was very friendly! Asked lots of hypothetical questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom (Overland Park, KS) in May 2011.

Interview

I found the job posting from Craigslist, and applied online through their website. After a few days I was called in for an interview. Because they previous person had quit abruptly they needed an immediate replacement and so I was hired on the spot, so I started a few days after that.

Interview Questions

• None really, just your basic customer service related questions.   Answer Question