Nordstrom

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Towson, MD

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Nordstrom in July 2011.

Interview Details – I applied
First Interview: They called me. It was super easy. It was more like a screening call. They invited me to a hiring event they were having at another Nordstrom.

Second Interview: This was at the hiring event where many people were there that they invited. I met with 2 different managers plus their boss, the regional manager. We role played selling cosmetics.

Third interview: I came to the location where I was going to work at. We did one last mock sales role play type thing. Then I was hired.

Interview Question – There were the average expected questions. They asked me about my competitiveness. I responded by telling them that I grew up playing sports.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. You get what they offer.

White Plains, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview Details – I had three interviews for a position at Nordstrom. The first two were for the Human Resource department and the 3rd was for the cosmetic company I was applying to. The Human Resource department staff was super friendly and welcoming. I was nervous at first but they put me at ease. They asked me simple standard interview questions.

Interview Question – The first and second interview consisted of mainly the same types of questions. Some of the questions were "What did you do to overcome an obstacle at work and how did it turn out for you in the end?" Another was "Tell me about a situation where you had to execute a plan of action and lead a team through it"   Answer Question

Spokane, WA

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Nordstrom in September 2008.

Interview Details – I met with the HR Manager for my initial interview, and then received a call from the Cosmetics Department Manager to schedule an interview. I interviewed with the counter manager and with the Department Manager simultaneously, and came back a second time for one final interview, where I was told what line I was being considered for, and if I was willing to work for that line, and what the expectations were, etc.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time when you had to handle an unhappy or upset customer, how did you handle it, and what was the outcome? How would you handle several people at the counter at once who all were in a hurry to be greeted and assisted?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much of a negotiation phase for me at the time. I wanted the job, and was thrilled at the opportunity to work for the line I was offered.

Los Angeles, CA

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Nordstrom in December 2011.

Interview Details – I had one 1on1 interview with an account executive for a cosmetic counter, she said she'll refer my information to HR, I havent heard anything yet.

Interview Questions

Very Easy Interview

Skokie, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Nordstrom in March 2009.

Interview Details – I was contacted via phone by an HR person and called in for an interview. A few days later I was hired. It was short and smooth.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I negotiated the best possible rate!

Interviews for Top Jobs at Nordstrom

Worked for Nordstrom? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nordstrom Beauty Advisor interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Nordstrom employees and interview candidates.