Nordstrom Beauty Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2015

2.5

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Easy. Went in for face to face interview and basically reviewed my resume and past experience and was offered the job. There was a phone "screening" that followed for behaviour analysis.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you did something nice for someone without expecting anything in return?   1 Answer

Negotiation

non existent. Was already at the top of the pay tier so was offered the maximum they could offer.

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Small room. One on one with assistant department manager. The hiring manager wrote down some things that I said. I've interviewed for different positions in the store and every time the management team is difficult to read. I can't ever tell if they're excited to hire me or not. Maybe they're just worn out by the job. Overall very friendly and professional interview process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I tried. They said that's the highest we can go.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Got 4 interview processes, first with the assistant manager then the actual manager, with the brand i wanted to work and then the account executive. It was easy. They wanted more to ask about you and they talk in depth about the job.

Interview Questions

• How do you grow a counter business.   1 Answer

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

The process was predictable, I submitted my application and resume online and I was emailed a few days later to set up a phone interview time. The lady who called (right on time, by the way!) was incredibly nice and easy to talk to. The whole thing lasted maybe 15 minutes and she ended it with telling me she would push me through to the next interview and we set up a time. A few days later, I drove into town to meet with the cosmetics advisor. Everything was going fine, she was also easy to talk with and seemed interested in what I said. However, when I mentioned I had no previous sales experience (which is obviously shown in my resume and been answered in the application itself), she told me she wouldn't be able to hire me and the interview was over, lasting barely five minutes. Overall I was frustrated that I was granted even a phone call if I wasn't qualified.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

All job applications are placed online. If you go to the store to ask about positions, you will be referred to the online application website. Online applications are processed rapidly and you will get a follow up call to set up an interview. At that time you will meet with either the human resources manager or the manager of the department you are applying to.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you offered great customer service?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you were given great customer service.   1 Answer
    • Has there been a time when you were faced with a difficult situation at work and were able to overcome? What did you do? What was the result?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom (Palo Alto, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online and the process took about 3 weeks. I interviewed with the Department Manager during the first interview. Then had a second interview with the Account Evexcutive (Vendor). And then followed by the Assistant Store Manager during my last interview. I had to follow up a few times for them to get back to me on my next interview.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Interview

Applied online and they sent an email to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was very basic, took about 10 minutes. She asked questions like: Why Nordstrom? Would you excel in a competitive based work environment? Tell me about a time you had a angry costumer and how did you deal with it? They said they would send out an email in about a week to let me know about the next steps in the process, but I haven't heard anything and its been 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you were being compared to someone else, and how did you handle that situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Interview

After applying online on nordstrom.com's career site, I was sent an automated verification my application was being processed. Then I was contacted by phone for a short, informal interview and ended with a scheduled in-store interview with the beauty department manager. I prepped a lot, got to know the company and the brands that are sold. The day of the interview, the beauty department was very busy. The manager was not in so the assistant manager ended up interviewing me. She was very professional and personable and I thought the interview was going well when she asked if I had time to go on to my HR interview. Of course I was enthused at the prospect! The interview also went well (I thought), and the HR woman said I would be contacted within the next week. I never got a call so I was proactive and followed up. I received no word. I still don't know where I went wrong...

Interview Questions

• How would you make your weekly sales quota when there is a slow week?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2012.

Interview

Online app, one in-person interview. One on one with department manager. Very casual, standard questions. Waited about a week after submitting on-line App. Waited another week to hear back. Only one interviewer.

Interview Questions

• wheredo you see yourself in 5 years, experience, strengths and weaknesses   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom (White Plains, NY).

Interview

I had three interviews for a position at Nordstrom. The first two were for the Human Resource department and the 3rd was for the cosmetic company I was applying to. The Human Resource department staff was super friendly and welcoming. I was nervous at first but they put me at ease. They asked me simple standard interview questions.

Interview Questions

• The first and second interview consisted of mainly the same types of questions. Some of the questions were "What did you do to overcome an obstacle at work and how did it turn out for you in the end?" Another was "Tell me about a situation where you had to execute a plan of action and lead a team through it"   Answer Question