Nordstrom

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Nordstrom in July 2011.

Interview Details – In short, I was allowed to fall through the cracks on account of the recruiter leaving and taking a job elsewhere - as I'm told. No real feedback other than I was "not the right fit" - which is completely useless. After going through the phone screen and two different panel interviews, plus having passed on other interviews in favor of Nordstrom, I am feeling very demoralized and my time abused.

Interview Questions

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Nordstrom in March 2011.

Interview Details – I successfully got through a phone screen and sent on to the next phase of the process, which was a panel interview. I interviewed for Business Analyst position located in executive offices (Chase Tower).
I was given an option of three interview times. I chose one and got a follow up confirmation contact sheet from the HR Rep. The contact sheet provided me names, times, physical location and titles of everyone that had been identified as a participant for this panel interview.

The day of the interview, it was clear that something was not right. It was apparent that the information provided on my contact sheet for this interview was incorrect. I sat in a lobby, on the wrong floor, for about 15 minutes. I was finally connected to the appropriate people and unfortunately for me, the interview was cut sort. No questions about my work experience germane to the Business Analyst position was asked. I left with the impression that this was merely a matter of going through the motions and that the team had already chosen their candidate.

This company prides itself on customer experience. Perhaps this does not carry over to the HR side of the Nordstrom customer experience. I hope this is used as constructive feedback - if the goal is to attract quality candidates then I would suggest being more enlightened on happenings internally and more mindful and respectful of the applicant’s time. It still works both ways.

Interview Question – No questions worth relating as they did not relate to anything I interviewed for at this time.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Nordstrom in January 2010.

Interview Details – It was all phone interview until the last interview, where I only met with a manager that I didn't work with.

Interview Question – None. All cookie cutter questions.   Answer Question

Business Analyst

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a phone call from Recruitment about a week after to schedule a phone interview. Went through 2 phone interviews and received a full offer.

Interview Question – Just the typical behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Business Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Nordstrom in December 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process with Nordstrom was a long and tedious process. They repeatedly said they would get back to me in shorter time period than they actually did. From first inteview to ending the process was 3 months. They were non-responsive to questions and/or inquiries as well as wanted me to interview for several different positions and the removed some of the positions.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions, was very straight forward.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Nordstrom

Worked for Nordstrom? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nordstrom Business Analyst interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Nordstrom employees and interview candidates.