Nordstrom

Nordstrom Business Analyst Interview Questions

2.4

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom in July 2011.

In short, I was allowed to fall through the cracks on account of the recruiter leaving and taking a job elsewhere - as I'm told. No real feedback other than I was "not the right fit" - which is completely useless. After going through the phone screen and two different panel interviews, plus having passed on other interviews in favor of Nordstrom, I am feeling very demoralized and my time abused.

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nordstrom in March 2011.

I successfully got through a phone screen and sent on to the next phase of the process, which was a panel interview. I interviewed for Business Analyst position located in executive offices (Chase Tower).
    I was given an option of three interview times. I chose one and got a follow up confirmation contact sheet from the HR Rep. The contact sheet provided me names, times, physical location and titles of everyone that had been identified as a participant for this panel interview.

The day of the interview, it was clear that something was not right. It was apparent that the information provided on my contact sheet for this interview was incorrect. I sat in a lobby, on the wrong floor, for about 15 minutes. I was finally connected to the appropriate people and unfortunately for me, the interview was cut sort. No questions about my work experience germane to the Business Analyst position was asked. I left with the impression that this was merely a matter of going through the motions and that the team had already chosen their candidate.

This company prides itself on customer experience. Perhaps this does not carry over to the HR side of the Nordstrom customer experience. I hope this is used as constructive feedback - if the goal is to attract quality candidates then I would suggest being more enlightened on happenings internally and more mindful and respectful of the applicant’s time. It still works both ways.

Interview Questions
    • No questions worth relating as they did not relate to anything I interviewed for at this time.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom in January 2010.

It was all phone interview until the last interview, where I only met with a manager that I didn't work with.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom.

I applied online and received a phone call from Recruitment about a week after to schedule a phone interview. Went through 2 phone interviews and received a full offer.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Nordstrom in December 2009.

The interview process with Nordstrom was a long and tedious process. They repeatedly said they would get back to me in shorter time period than they actually did. From first inteview to ending the process was 3 months. They were non-responsive to questions and/or inquiries as well as wanted me to interview for several different positions and the removed some of the positions.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions, was very straight forward.   Answer Question