Nordstrom

Getting the Interview

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Nordstrom in October 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process took less than a week. I applied online and received a call within three days. Dress for success! They ask you to meet them either in the department you are interviewing for or in Customer Service. The entire interview took about twenty minutes, and they told me they would call me if they decided to hire me. Fortunately, I got a call the next day.

Interview Question – There was no difficult question. Simply the basics: "Why do you want this job? What do you think you can bring to the company?" They also make you choose an item and try to sell it to them, or approach you with a "customer issue" and ask you what you would do.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They asked me what I wanted hourly, and I said nothing lower than $10/ hr, and they accepted.

Bloomington, MN

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Nordstrom in April 2012.

Interview Details – Interview is with manager of the department. Straightforward, characteristic type questions. No behavioral questions. Very easy.

Interview Question – All very basic questions. None were difficult.   Answer Question

Cashier

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview Details – One over the phone interview and one in-person interview

Interview Question – Give an example of a time when you worked in a team.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Nordstrom in September 2010.

Interview Details – It was two one on one interview with the asst dept manager and then the dept manager. Both were pretty informal and friendly. Standard questions.

Interview Question – Why do you think that you would be an asset to our team?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, minimum wage and hours given based on performance

Bellevue, WA

The process took 4 days - interviewed at Nordstrom in July 2008.

Interview Details – I applied online and was called by HR to set up an interview the next day. I think the response was so prompt because one of my references was a family member in upper MGMT. I applied for seasonal cashiering position. I arrived at my interview, the manager was about 15 minutes late and looked really frazzled. She asked the basic questions and gave me some situational questions.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Nordstrom?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating. The standard pay for cashiers is $9.25/hr

Cashier Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Nordstrom in July 2011.

Interview Details – First they e-mail you to schedule a phone interview, if you pass that portion they call you in for a 1:1 interview, depending on the position you may get called back for another interview.

Interview Question – How would you handle a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Nordstrom

Worked for Nordstrom? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nordstrom Cashier interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Nordstrom employees and interview candidates.