Nordstrom Cashier Interview Questions

1.5

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Process took about a week and a half. First filled out an app online, then had a phone interview with HR, then an in person interview. The questions were simple and to the point even though I did not have any previous retail experience, I could apply the questions to school.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time in which you didn't achieve a goal.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

One over the phone interview and one in-person interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nordstrom (Bloomington, MN) in April 2012.

Interview

Interview is with manager of the department. Straightforward, characteristic type questions. No behavioral questions. Very easy.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom in October 2011.

Interview

The interview process took less than a week. I applied online and received a call within three days. Dress for success! They ask you to meet them either in the department you are interviewing for or in Customer Service. The entire interview took about twenty minutes, and they told me they would call me if they decided to hire me. Fortunately, I got a call the next day.

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult question. Simply the basics: "Why do you want this job? What do you think you can bring to the company?" They also make you choose an item and try to sell it to them, or approach you with a "customer issue" and ask you what you would do.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They asked me what I wanted hourly, and I said nothing lower than $10/ hr, and they accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2010.

Interview

It was two one on one interview with the asst dept manager and then the dept manager. Both were pretty informal and friendly. Standard questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think that you would be an asset to our team?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, minimum wage and hours given based on performance

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom (Bellevue, WA) in July 2008.

Interview

I applied online and was called by HR to set up an interview the next day. I think the response was so prompt because one of my references was a family member in upper MGMT. I applied for seasonal cashiering position. I arrived at my interview, the manager was about 15 minutes late and looked really frazzled. She asked the basic questions and gave me some situational questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating. The standard pay for cashiers is $9.25/hr

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom in July 2011.

Interview

First they e-mail you to schedule a phone interview, if you pass that portion they call you in for a 1:1 interview, depending on the position you may get called back for another interview.