Nordstrom

Relevance Date Difficulty

Cosmetics Counter Manager Interview

Cosmetics Counter Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Nordstrom in January 2010.

Interview Details – It was pretty quick. The interview was short and to the point and I was offered a job on the spot. I had to provide examples of what I would do in certain sales situations and how I would close a sale. They do insinuate you make your own hours and don't have to work every weekend but that is not necessarily true when you start.

Interview Question – They asked the typical questions regarding the most challenging situation you have ever had to handle and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Management Intern/Sales Associate Interview

Management Intern/Sales Associate
Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Nordstrom in April 2013.

Interview Details – The person on the phone asks about the interviewee. When describing yourself, mentioning Nordstrom is good. They ask about previous work experience and relate many things to customer service. You should know Nordstrom's "use your best judgement" rule and about the rewards program.

Interview Question – They make you sell the interviewer an item   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Seasonal Sales Associate
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Nordstrom in June 2013.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by a lady who was 2 years older than me. We had many things in common. It was basically very easy since it was a seasonal job for I was only hired to work for the Anniversary Sale. Basic Interview questions which mainly deal with availability. I would suggest saying open availability.

Interview Question – Name a time where you had to pick up the slack of your co-workers and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Commission based job

Point of Sale Representative Interview

Point of Sale Representative
Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview Details – There was an initial phone interview. They ask about your work history, your availability and why you would be a good fit for the company. If your preliminary interview goes well they ask you to come in for a second interview. You go to the store an she gives you a series of scenario question like, "Describe a time when you had to maintain a leadership role." or "Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult customer."

I interviewed for the shoe department, so they asked me to pick out a couple shoes and if i had to sell it to a customer what approach would i use. The interview went well after the interview i got called the next day and go offered a position.

Interview Question – The questions were fairly simple.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was a commissioned based position.

Sales Associate- Studio/St John Interview

Sales Associate- Studio/St John
Skokie, IL

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Nordstrom in August 2012.

Interview Details – I submitted an application online. I received a phone call screening with no warning that lasted half an hour and consisted of standard questions like "what has been your biggest challenge and how did you overcome it?"
Then, I was called in to do an in-person interview with someone from HR in the store. This lasted about an hour. We talked about things specific to the company so I was glad I'd researched their special customer service strategies.
Then, I received a call to set up a second in-person interview. I had to do a normal interview with the assistant manager of my potential future department, and then I had to pretend she was a guest to the store and I tried to sell her things. Then, she had to discuss with the manager and then FINALLY I got the job.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

Commissioned Sales Associate
West Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Nordstrom in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and was emailed back asking to complete additional information and another to attend a hiring event. At the hiring event all applicants and hiring managers introduced themselves, then managers took their prospective applicants to the floor for interviews.

Interview Question – What motivates you the most?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Tailor Shop Administrator Interview

Tailor Shop Administrator
Skokie, IL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview Details – After arrival of interview for Tailor Shop Administrator I was told they hired someone that morning & they wanted me to apply for Communications position instead. I would have appreciated a phone call to ask me before I arrived.

Interview Question – Will you interview for a different position than you applied?   View Answer

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

Commissioned Sales Associate
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nordstrom in June 2013.

Interview Details – Submitter Cover Letter and Resume VIA Nordstrom Careers website. Was called by the end of the week, had my interview the following week. There were a lot of interview going on. They were hiring at the end of June for their Anniversary Sale. Intimidating, but just have to be confident. Definitely dress professional, but also fashion forward. Dont wear your typical dress suit, spice it up a bit.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you went above and beyond to please a customer? Tell me about a time you had a difficult customer, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation. Its is comissioned base- you get paid minimum wage or your commission- I average around 12$ an hour, but I was in the Savvy department. Womens Shoes, Individualist, TBD, Mens furnishings, The Rail all make alot more.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Nordstrom in February 2013.

Interview Details – Was originally interviewed for Retail Management Internship. Had one phone interview then a panel interview with HR assistant manager and 2-3 department managers (one of which was a previous intern). Questions were very basic and I felt extremely confident. However, I was instead given a position as a sales associate in the new Savvy department.

Interview Question – How would you deal with a co-worker who was not doing well sales wise.   View Answer

Sales Person Interview

Sales Person
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview Details – Everything that said on this website.

Interview Question – nothing was unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – commission with $9.80 base pay.

Worked for Nordstrom? Contribute to the Community!