Nordstrom Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

2.3

44 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Nordstrom in August 2014.

it took one month. I applied online.got an email in four weeks time to make an appointment for a phone interview.Had the phone interview the next day and was asked to come for the face to face interview the following day.had the interview with two managers and after i was asked to role play sales. the whole process took about 1hr 30mins

Cosmetics Counter Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Nordstrom in July 2014.

Open interview at 10 am, asked to arrive by 9:50. I arrived at 9:45. We were brought into a room full of tables. Each applicant sat with one or two managers, so make sure to focus on the conversation at hand and do not get distracted by the conversations going on around you. (Very realistic in a retail environment). Spoke with two sales managers of cosmetics, who asked standard questions from a packet, which they filled out. This took about 15 or 20 minutes. Then we went downstairs and did a role play scenario where I had to sell them a product. This lasted an additional 10 minutes. Finally, I was brought upstairs to meet with the Store Manager. Each employee I spoke with gave me their business card, which made Thank You emails very easy. Overall the entire experience lasted 50 minutes from the time I arrived, to the time I left. No offer was extended to me, but I was told I would hear from them in 24-48 hours.

Interview Questions
    • The role play activity was unexpected and so was meeting the store manager. Be prepared for this when interviewing!   Answer Question

Point of Sale Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oakbrook Terrace, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Nordstrom.

There was an initial phone interview. They ask about your work history, your availability and why you would be a good fit for the company. If your preliminary interview goes well they ask you to come in for a second interview. You go to the store an she gives you a series of scenario question like, "Describe a time when you had to maintain a leadership role." or "Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult customer."

I interviewed for the shoe department, so they asked me to pick out a couple shoes and if i had to sell it to a customer what approach would i use. The interview went well after the interview i got called the next day and go offered a position.

Interview Questions
    It was a commissioned based position.

Tailor Shop Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Skokie, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skokie, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Nordstrom.

After arrival of interview for Tailor Shop Administrator I was told they hired someone that morning & they wanted me to apply for Communications position instead. I would have appreciated a phone call to ask me before I arrived.

Interview Questions
    • Will you interview for a different position than you applied?   View Answer

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Nordstrom in April 2014.

I applied online and was emailed back asking to complete additional information and another to attend a hiring event. At the hiring event all applicants and hiring managers introduced themselves, then managers took their prospective applicants to the floor for interviews.

Sales Person Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Nordstrom.

Everything that said on this website.

Interview Questions
    commission with $9.80 base pay.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Nordstrom in September 2013.

1. Searched Nordstroms.com web-site.
    2. Select Careers.
    3. Applied on line for position that I desired.
    4. Within 7 days I received an email saying we have reviewed your resume and would like to set up a telephone interview. They will also send you the appointment times in email and you must select the day and time. This is all done on-line.
    5. HR will call you on the scheduled day and time. If they like you, they will invite you to a face to face interview before the telephone interview is over.
    6. During the face to face interview, if they, like you, they will ask you to do a role play-selling one of the department products.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here:   View Answer
    • Okay. Now, I want to walk you around the de[artment and let's do a role play.   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Seasonal Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Schaumburg, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nordstrom in June 2013.

Filled out online application and received a call in which the HR woman asked a few quick questions. She then asked me to come in for an in-person interview that lasted about 15 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time you had to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Nordstrom in June 2013.

I was interviewed by a lady who was 2 years older than me. We had many things in common. It was basically very easy since it was a seasonal job for I was only hired to work for the Anniversary Sale. Basic Interview questions which mainly deal with availability. I would suggest saying open availability.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you had to pick up the slack of your co-workers and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    Commission based job

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Submitter Cover Letter and Resume VIA Nordstrom Careers website. Was called by the end of the week, had my interview the following week. There were a lot of interview going on. They were hiring at the end of June for their Anniversary Sale. Intimidating, but just have to be confident. Definitely dress professional, but also fashion forward. Dont wear your typical dress suit, spice it up a bit.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you went above and beyond to please a customer? Tell me about a time you had a difficult customer, how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    No Negotiation. Its is comissioned base- you get paid minimum wage or your commission- I average around 12$ an hour, but I was in the Savvy department. Womens Shoes, Individualist, TBD, Mens furnishings, The Rail all make alot more.

Worked for Nordstrom? Contribute to the Community!