Nordstrom

2.6

94 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom in January 2015.

I got there early and was very pleasant, I sat down and waited to be called. I was taken to a room where she all asked questions about my work experience.

but I don't think they liked me.

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nordstrom.

Why are you interested in the position...
    Describe a time when you had to go above and beyond for a customer
    What is your availability..
    Describe a time when you had to work a part of a team to achieve a certain result, what was the outcome

Very basic questions.

Interview Questions
    • Role playing catches a lot of people off guard. Remain confident and state facts and positive qualities of the merchandise.   Answer Question

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom.

Quick, professional, very laid back. You interview with a manager and they give you different scenarios. Like tell me about a time when you were in a competition at work and what was the outcome. Or they have you go through a mock sale. Nice company to work for.

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom.

one on one with a department manager of your choice who was hiring. A group of approx 12 of us were in one room with the managers. When directed, we went to the manager of the department we were interested in and spoke them for about 10 minutes and then switched.

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Nordstrom.

Very straight forward. Typical retail corporate. HR screening, Department Manager then Store Manager. Easy questions. Your hired if you portray good outgoing personality. Make sure you say you are a good sales person

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a very rude and unexpected customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom.

I first had a phone interview with Human Resources which was approximately 20 minutes or so. At the end of the phone interview I was offered to schedule an in person interview with upper management, I accepted. The in person interview took approximately 30 minutes. Both were very pleasant and personable women, very professional, honest and informative.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions. Helps to remain calm and comfortable, not too relaxed and makes a huge difference to review the company web site and know all about their values, mission and goals.   Answer Question
    n/a

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom in October 2014.

Applied on a Tuesday in October and got call on Thursday to schedule an interview for Friday. Once you arrive to the Interview you will be put in a room with group of people. They will call people one at a time for an interview. You will interview with 4 different department managers to see where you fit best and they will ask you about your previous work experience. After that they will contact you within a week to let you know if you got the job or not.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom in October 2014.

Fast interview - Just some standard questions to see how you handle different sales scenarios. Really nice managers that do the interview and explain some of the openings they have. If they like you then they show you around the area that you'll work in.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most stressful sales situation you have encountered, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

Met recruiter at college job fair. Got a call to set up an interview over the phone for their internship. Went through I think, two more phone interviews. Basic questions: Why Nordstrom? Why fashion? I studied philosophy and lived in Indiana so not too sure how I ended up interning at one of their biggest stores. I think they just try to size you up to see if you'll fit with their "culture." Just be yourself-- your completely upbeat and Nordstrom-obsessed self and you'll do fine ( if you can sell ).

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of when you missed the mark and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nordstrom in September 2014.

I Initially applied to be a cosmetics associate, but due to my lack of professional training, my application was sent to the jewelry department after my initial interview with a cosmetics manager. The next day following my interview with cosmetics, I was contacted by the jewelry manager requesting an interview with me. At the interview, she had my paperwork from my previous interview a few days prior. She gave me great details regarding the position and the team in the jewelry division. She told she would contact me by the end of the week and I received a phone call within four days. I gladly accepted. The entire process was quite painless and I never felt intimidated by my interviewers.