Nordstrom Commissioned Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015
Updated Mar 25, 2015

2.6

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom.

Easy and brief. Interview didn't take long and it was like talking to a co-worker than a hiring manager which made it a lot easier to open up to. Try being yourself and have knowledge of the company and the products they sale. Also ask at least 3 question.

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom.

I received a phone interview in which they asked some pretty difficult questions. It lasted about twenty minutes and they asked around 10 questions such as: How do you feel about a commission based environment, why do you want to work at Nordstrom, What is something you failed at and how did you overcome it?

Interview Questions
    • What is something you failed at and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom.

It was a pretty short interview process. I applied online and received a response within a day or two for a phone interview. I scheduled the phone interview, which manly consisted of a few questions about why I wanted to work at Nordstrom and other generic interview questions. After that, I was invited in for an in-person interview where I was asked similar questions. They offered me a position on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom in March 2015.

They asked detailed questions about my sale experiences. I had 3 interviews. 1 was on the phone and other two was face to face with managers. I took 3 weeks long.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom.

It was a fairly standard interview process. After applying, I received a phone call asking them when I would be available for an interview. Once you get there, you meet with someone up front in their human resource department and wait to speak with the manager of whatever department you applied for. I worked for this company multiple times and one time for a different department I also had to have an interview with the Human Resources manager as well. Overall, it was a pretty common interview experience.

Interview Questions
    • On a scale of 1-10, 10 being the highest, how aggressive are you?   Answer Question

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

I applied on snagajob , and i got a email to shedule a on the phone interview they called and i asked very easy normal questions , im currently still waiting on a call back .

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nordstrom.

Why are you interested in the position...
    Describe a time when you had to go above and beyond for a customer
    What is your availability..
    Describe a time when you had to work a part of a team to achieve a certain result, what was the outcome

Very basic questions.

Interview Questions
    • Role playing catches a lot of people off guard. Remain confident and state facts and positive qualities of the merchandise.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom in January 2015.

I got there early and was very pleasant, I sat down and waited to be called. I was taken to a room where she all asked questions about my work experience.

but I don't think they liked me.

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom.

Quick, professional, very laid back. You interview with a manager and they give you different scenarios. Like tell me about a time when you were in a competition at work and what was the outcome. Or they have you go through a mock sale. Nice company to work for.

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom.

one on one with a department manager of your choice who was hiring. A group of approx 12 of us were in one room with the managers. When directed, we went to the manager of the department we were interested in and spoke them for about 10 minutes and then switched.