Nordstrom Commissioned Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.6

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Phone interview from HR after applying online, in person interview with the department manager and then they call you usually within a week or so and let you know if you got the job or not. They call you regardless of whether you got the job. I would say customer service is most important but you have to know how to sell and be consistent and if you don't, they will fire you.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? As a manager who has done countless interviews, do not answer this question with because I love fashion, clothes, or because I shop here. Working at Nordstrom is not the same as shopping there.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Houston, TX).

Interview

Quick, explains the commission sales process, one on one - after a phone interview, met with department manager, who directed me to another department that would fit with my needs. Asked about past retail experience, experience with customers, what motivates you, why you're interested, and how you work in difficult team situations.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a difficult or demanding customer, how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you worked with a team to achieve a goal. What was your role in the team? How did that team do?   Answer Question
    • If you hadn't met your sales goals for the week, what would you do to make them up or improve the next week?   1 Answer
    • Why are you interested in working at Nordstrom? What department?   Answer Question

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Easy met one with manager of department i had applied for and her assistant manager, the interview took a total of 30 minutes. I was referred by a current employee so the process was a lot faster . Was interviewed at the time of anniversary sale.

Interview Questions

• To describe a situation in which team work was used effectively   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Torrance, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I first applied online I received an email stating after reviewing my application and resume that they would like to set up a phone interview with me after that was done I was given a date and time to meet with someone in person (assistant manager) after that went well the same day I met with the department manager and that was a success I received call within a few days and was offered a position. The interview process is so easy just be yourself be happy and show lists of interest. Also during my interview I had to grab an item and sell it to them which was solo easy. Just act as if your talking to an old friend Good luck !!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Being that the position I was offered was seasonal after 3 months if they decide to keep me on the team at that point I believe I am able to be negotiate a price.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I submitted my resume and contacted the department manager to set up an interview. She contacted me and I went in to meet her at the scheduled time. We discussed the job and requirements. I had a friend working for the company so I understood the culture of exceeding customer expectations and exceeding sales goals.

Interview Questions

• How would you reach your sales goal?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They explained the commission structure and I accepted the offer.

Anonymous Employee in Freehold, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Freehold, NJ).

Interview

Any sales experience? it was very easy and they asked if you had experience selling. Also asked if you're team-oriented. They will be pressure on making your numbers weekly and you will be reviewed. Interview went well

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Honolulu, HI) in June 2015.

Interview

Three step interview process: 1) department assistant manager 2) lead department manager 3) store manager ... while the interview process took about three weeks to receive confirmation, it was very informative and worth-while.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Detroit, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

I walked in and faced a group of about 20-30 young people waiting to be interviewed. They called my name and I went with a sales associate into a small room where multiple interviews were being held. I was asked questions and then went to the floor to do a mock sale.

Interview Questions

• What was one challenge you have had to face in your career   Answer Question

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Very easy. Selling techniques are sought after. You get a phone interview first. Once you pass that, you are told to come in for a one on one interview which was pretty easy.

Anonymous Employee in Redondo Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Redondo Beach, CA).

Interview

I applied online for the Cerritos location. I got called for an interview about 2 days later from the assistant manager from the South Bay Galleria. I scheduled an interview for the next week.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I handled customer situations at my previous jobs. I.was asked to sell my handbag.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiating. You make commission only.