Nordstrom Commissioned Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I submitted my resume and contacted the department manager to set up an interview. She contacted me and I went in to meet her at the scheduled time. We discussed the job and requirements. I had a friend working for the company so I understood the culture of exceeding customer expectations and exceeding sales goals.

Interview Questions

• How would you reach your sales goal?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They explained the commission structure and I accepted the offer.

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freehold, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Nordstrom (Freehold, NJ).

Interview

Any sales experience? it was very easy and they asked if you had experience selling. Also asked if you're team-oriented. They will be pressure on making your numbers weekly and you will be reviewed. Interview went well

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Nordstrom (Detroit, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

I walked in and faced a group of about 20-30 young people waiting to be interviewed. They called my name and I went with a sales associate into a small room where multiple interviews were being held. I was asked questions and then went to the floor to do a mock sale.

Interview Questions

• What was one challenge you have had to face in your career   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom (Honolulu, HI) in June 2015.

Interview

Three step interview process: 1) department assistant manager 2) lead department manager 3) store manager ... while the interview process took about three weeks to receive confirmation, it was very informative and worth-while.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Very easy. Selling techniques are sought after. You get a phone interview first. Once you pass that, you are told to come in for a one on one interview which was pretty easy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redondo Beach, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom (Redondo Beach, CA).

Interview

I applied online for the Cerritos location. I got called for an interview about 2 days later from the assistant manager from the South Bay Galleria. I scheduled an interview for the next week.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I handled customer situations at my previous jobs. I.was asked to sell my handbag.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiating. You make commission only.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received an email within 2 days saying i qualified. Then got a phone interview couple days later, the questions were fairly simple;(why Nordstrom and why should we hire you. then 2 in person interviews. I had 1 group interview and 1:1 with the store manager. Same questions were asked in all my interviews. Process took about 2 weeks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nordstrom (The Woodlands, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Process was VERY short. From the time I submitted my application about a week or 2 later I was called for a phone interview and immediately after that I was asked to come into the store to have a face to face interview with the department manager that I applied to and was offered a job that same day!!! Super quick process.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer who was rude? Explain how you are competitive, etc.   Answer Question

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Easy and brief. Interview didn't take long and it was like talking to a co-worker than a hiring manager which made it a lot easier to open up to. Try being yourself and have knowledge of the company and the products they sale. Also ask at least 3 question.

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

I received a phone interview in which they asked some pretty difficult questions. It lasted about twenty minutes and they asked around 10 questions such as: How do you feel about a commission based environment, why do you want to work at Nordstrom, What is something you failed at and how did you overcome it?

Interview Questions

• What is something you failed at and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question