Nordstrom Cosmetics Counter Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

22 interviews

2.5

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cosmetics Counter Manager Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Nordstrom in August 2014.

Applied online and got an email within 24 hours to schedule a phone interview. During the phone interview human resources asked why Nordstoms, tell me your experience, and questions about how I would do in a commission environment and what is my availability. The phone conversation was less than ten minutes and human resources asked for an in person interview.

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  The Woodlands, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

I interviewed online - interviewed at Nordstrom in August 2014.

Got an email for phone interview got offered to meet the department manager and a 3rd interview with the cosmetic company vendor regional manager strict dress code for the brand I'm working for and they love cleanliness at the counter and a great attitude always stay positive even if sales aren't going well fun energetic

Interview Questions
    • Why nordstrom ? Wanted to know if I had a angry customer what would I do   View Answer
    No negotiation just accept

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Nordstrom in July 2014.

Open interview at 10 am, asked to arrive by 9:50. I arrived at 9:45. We were brought into a room full of tables. Each applicant sat with one or two managers, so make sure to focus on the conversation at hand and do not get distracted by the conversations going on around you. (Very realistic in a retail environment). Spoke with two sales managers of cosmetics, who asked standard questions from a packet, which they filled out. This took about 15 or 20 minutes. Then we went downstairs and did a role play scenario where I had to sell them a product. This lasted an additional 10 minutes. Finally, I was brought upstairs to meet with the Store Manager. Each employee I spoke with gave me their business card, which made Thank You emails very easy. Overall the entire experience lasted 50 minutes from the time I arrived, to the time I left. No offer was extended to me, but I was told I would hear from them in 24-48 hours.

Interview Questions
    • The role play activity was unexpected and so was meeting the store manager. Be prepared for this when interviewing!   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online - interviewed at Nordstrom in January 2010.

It was pretty quick. The interview was short and to the point and I was offered a job on the spot. I had to provide examples of what I would do in certain sales situations and how I would close a sale. They do insinuate you make your own hours and don't have to work every weekend but that is not necessarily true when you start.

Interview Questions
    • They asked the typical questions regarding the most challenging situation you have ever had to handle and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Cosmetic Counter Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Nordstrom.

I applied online and a few days later I got a call from human resources and she gave me a phone interview. She called on a Saturday night so I was really surprised and unprepared. She asked basic interview questions like why I wanted to work there, asked about my last job, availability and things like that. Then she asked me in for an interview with the cosmetics manager for that Monday. In that interview it was a lot of questions like name a time where this happened and what did you do. And other questions relating to prior experience. He told me he would call me in 3 days to let me know either way but I never got a phone call. On the 4th day I called and left a message just asking if they had made a decision yet and they never called me back. I thought that was extremely unprofessional especially considering I thought my interview went really well.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you haven't met your sales goals for the day?   Answer Question

Cosmetics Counter Manager Interview

Easy, mostly questioned previous experience with customer service and sales

Interview Questions
    • she handed me an eraser and asked me to role play with her and to pretend the eraser was an eye cream   View Answer

Cosmetics Counter Manager Interview

There asked very specific questions about how you may have handled a customer service issue in the past. what are your strengths, what are your weaknesses. How do you work with a team? are you a team player? Tell me about a time you had a conflict with someone on your team and how you handled it. How do you like to be communicated with?

Interview Questions
    What really annoyed me what the rate they were willing to pay me was not even mentioned until they job offered me (this was after 3 interviews)

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I interviewed online - interviewed at Nordstrom.

Two interviews. One with the Nordstrom department manager and the second with the cosmetic line manager. Both had the same basic customer service questions. Before your interview you have to take a 150 question online test. It wasn't hard or intimidating.

Interview Questions
    • strengths and weaknessess I always get nervous answering that question!   Answer Question
    Barley any negotiation. The 3% commission is presented to you like it's gold for every 1,000 you sell you get $30 in commission.

Cosmetics Counter Manager Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Nordstrom.

I interviewed at 3 different locations. They were all different. At one store, I interviewed with the department manager. At another store, I interviewed with a large group of people with a few department heads. The 3rd store I interviewed with HR.

No negotiation.

Cosmetics Counter Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Nordstrom.

The normal questions. But they are looking for a specific attitude and personality.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions for anyone who has worked in a commission based retail position.   Answer Question
    I knew what to ask for and they agreed.

Worked for Nordstrom? Contribute to the Community!