Nordstrom

Relevance Date Difficulty

Cosmetics Make Up Artist Interview

Cosmetics Make Up Artist
Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview Details – I was hired by Nordstrom initially as Christmas help. I had a great interview, meaning the manager I interviewed with was interesting, asked relevant questions and hired me based on my experience. After Christmas, I was recruited to stay on full time with Nordstrom. Working at Nordstrom is a great experience. Department managers I have worked with have all been supportive, smart, and really good at what they do. I have interviewed at 2 different times and found the managers to be consistently good and fair and supportive to the people in their department. If you like fashion, have style, enjoy people and are motivated to make and exceed your quota, you will like working at Nordstrom.

Interview Question – I did not experience a difficult question during this interview. The interview was very straightforward, which I appreciated. It made me want to work for Nordstrom. The more difficult part comes when you interview with a particular cosmetics line(if you are in cosmetics). The interview with these companies are usually less straightforward, more difficult as I hate to say, but cosmetics managers are usually overworked and not in touch as much with day to day life. They work ridiculously hard for medium salary. My experience is that they make up for this by acting very above everyone. I found this to be true with almost all of the lines I ended up working for (three in total).   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, I was. Hourly plus commission in the cosmetics department. The salary/commission is split between Nordstrom and the particular cosmetic line you are representing. You actually have to be interviewed by both companies.

Worked for Nordstrom? Contribute to the Community!