Nordstrom Customer Service Representative Interview Questions & Reviews

15 interviews

2.7

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Nordstrom in July 2014.

First there was a phone interview. Then I had to take two computer tests and went in for an interview. The first test is to see how well you can multitask and respond to customers. The second test is part of the in person interview. I listened to an employee take six calls. Then I went back for my interview. The interview was discussing my skill levels in customer service, computer skills, previous employers, job duties and how do I handle various situations.
I was told that I would hear back from them within a week and it has been a week.

Interview Questions
  • The computer tests you on your ability to multitask and how well you respond to customers based on the information they provide you with.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Nordstrom in May 2013.

I submitted an online application. Within 3 days I was e-mailed with an invitation for a phone interview. The phone interview itself was pretty easy.

Interview Questions
    • None really. The questions were customer service related. Something I had expected. "Describe a time when you gave great customer service."   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Nordstrom in January 2014.

Applied on-line
    Phone Interview and Schedule Interview
    Interview

Interview Questions
    • Give and example of when you did NOT perform up to your previous managers expectations.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Nordstrom in November 2013.

Temporary Seasonal Position at the credit department of the call center. Was contacted by phone for a phone interview. Was asked a series of questions: have I ever shopped at a Nordstrom's, what was my experience, if I had call center experience, tell me an instance where you had to solve a problem without the help of management, give me an example of a time where you couldn't solve a problem at work.

Interview Questions
    • An example of a time when you couldn't solve a problem at work.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bloomington, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Nordstrom in July 2011.

I applied online, and within a week or two, I was contacted by HR and asked to set up a phone interview. After my phone interview, I was contacted within days to set up an in-person interview. I met with the HR manager, as well as two department managers about open positions. I was contacted within another few days to set up my third and final interview. I was then contacted the day after my third interview, and was offered a full time position.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe your experience with gaining customer or client loyalty.   View Answer
    There was no room to negotiate, as I was going to be paid on a commission basis.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Thousand Oaks, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Nordstrom in August 2012.

It was so easy and pleasant. I applied on line and was responded to on-line for a phone interview. After I passed the phone interview I then was called into a in-store interview. It was nice and two days later I got a call that I had gotten the job.

it was fine

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sugar Land, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

I interviewed online - interviewed at Nordstrom in August 2012.

After applying online I was contacted a couple days later with a phone interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Old Westbury, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Old Westbury, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nordstrom in July 2012.

Applied online got an email the same day asking to schedule a phone interview, the next day got a call from HR asking me a few customer service question then she asked to to come in the following week for a group interview, went dress very professional. you get to meet all the managers of the store they tell you about themselves & how they got in the company etc, then you get a chance to interview with 3 of the departments you would like to work in they ask you more customer service questions just like the phone interview they are VERY BIG on customer service, after meeting with them they tell you they will contact you in 5-7 business days. On the 7th business day i got a call from the department manager that i 1st interview for & she offered me the job starting me at 13.25 and the rest is history.

Interview Questions
    • tell us one time when you dealt with a difficult customer & how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    it Was No Negotiation I Was Told I Was Getting Paid 13.25

Anonymous Employee  in  West Covina, CA
    Anonymous Employee in West Covina, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Nordstrom in June 2011.

applied on line, completed phone interview, was told to wait for reply by u.s. postal service. waiting!

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Littleton, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Nordstrom in March 2011.

I will have to say that Nordstrom's hiring process is very quick and efficient. I applied online and two days later I received an email invitation to have an initial phone interview. I then went online and picked a date which was two days out and had my phone interview. The lady that called me was very nice and professional. Her questions consisted of "Why do you want to work for Nordstroms?" "Where would you like to see yourself in 5 years?" "What is your availability?". Of course I accepted a date for a formal interview. I met with a few other candidates at the customer service area. All of the existing employees were very friendly and asked and shook all of or hands. We were then led to a room with chairs with pamphlets and had a seat. All of the current managers introduced themselves very friendly and shared their individual experiences with the company. We then watched a short video explaining the background of the company and current employee experiences. It was very pleasant to watch. I could feel the positivity coming from everyone in the room as well as from the video! After the video we then all went and had interviews with two Dept managers in two different settings. The questions were all very clear and formal! make sure that you have exact experiences relating to the position your applying for and shine! They may ask you what dept you are looking to work in.. just because you applied for a certain position online doesn't mean that is the one you will get! so be prepared! Also, I would highly recommend dressing to impress at the interview. Nordstroms is a fashion store! have fun and stand out! i know i was fierce! :o) Anyways I am shocked to have read some of the negative responses in the other section from employees who have worked there. I am excited and enthusiastic to be apart of the company and cant wait to start! and who doesn't love having a discount! woohoo! All in all..be yourself..do your research...be positive and have fun..and they will see that!

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you added value to a sale while dealing with a difficult customer?   Answer Question
    • What does customer service mean to you?   Answer Question
    Regular FT/Employee

Worked for Nordstrom? Contribute to the Community!