Nordstrom Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jun 6, 2015

2.7

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

phone interview then store interview. met with the manager and then i got a tour of the store. They called back and i was offered the job and began the training process. I went to king of prussia for the training, and it was very eventful and informative

Interview Questions

• Name one way youve helped another in a hectic environment   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Nordstrom in October 2014.

Interview

Received e-mail the same day as applied to set up interview process. Went through phone interview than two tests. One on grammar and the other on phone listening skills. Then I went for a walk in interview too.

Interview Questions

• The test was the most difficult. Pay attention and take lots of notes!   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom in July 2014.

Interview

First there was a phone interview. Then I had to take two computer tests and went in for an interview. The first test is to see how well you can multitask and respond to customers. The second test is part of the in person interview. I listened to an employee take six calls. Then I went back for my interview. The interview was discussing my skill levels in customer service, computer skills, previous employers, job duties and how do I handle various situations. I was told that I would hear back from them within a week and it has been a week.

Interview Questions

• The computer tests you on your ability to multitask and how well you respond to customers based on the information they provide you with.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom in January 2014.

Interview

Applied on-line Phone Interview and Schedule Interview Interview

Interview Questions

• Give and example of when you did NOT perform up to your previous managers expectations.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom in November 2013.

Interview

Temporary Seasonal Position at the credit department of the call center. Was contacted by phone for a phone interview. Was asked a series of questions: have I ever shopped at a Nordstrom's, what was my experience, if I had call center experience, tell me an instance where you had to solve a problem without the help of management, give me an example of a time where you couldn't solve a problem at work.

Interview Questions

• An example of a time when you couldn't solve a problem at work.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA) in May 2013.

Interview

I submitted an online application. Within 3 days I was e-mailed with an invitation for a phone interview. The phone interview itself was pretty easy.

Interview Questions

• None really. The questions were customer service related. Something I had expected. "Describe a time when you gave great customer service."   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom (San Francisco, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

Phone interview, one on one interview with the department manager then on the same day I interviewed with the store manager who asked me pretty much the same questions, if everything looks good the will continue with the background check which takes a few days or maybe a week , then you get the job offer phone call

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer   1 Answer
    • If you are flexible regarding schedules   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work at nordstrom?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom (Sugar Land, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

After applying online I was contacted a couple days later with a phone interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nordstrom (Thousand Oaks, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

It was so easy and pleasant. I applied on line and was responded to on-line for a phone interview. After I passed the phone interview I then was called into a in-store interview. It was nice and two days later I got a call that I had gotten the job.

Interview Questions

• What is your weak attribute   1 Answer

Negotiation

it was fine

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Old Westbury, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom (Old Westbury, NY) in July 2012.

Interview

Applied online got an email the same day asking to schedule a phone interview, the next day got a call from HR asking me a few customer service question then she asked to to come in the following week for a group interview, went dress very professional. you get to meet all the managers of the store they tell you about themselves & how they got in the company etc, then you get a chance to interview with 3 of the departments you would like to work in they ask you more customer service questions just like the phone interview they are VERY BIG on customer service, after meeting with them they tell you they will contact you in 5-7 business days. On the 7th business day i got a call from the department manager that i 1st interview for & she offered me the job starting me at 13.25 and the rest is history.

Interview Questions

• tell us one time when you dealt with a difficult customer & how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

it Was No Negotiation I Was Told I Was Getting Paid 13.25