Nordstrom Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.7

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

phone interview then store interview. met with the manager and then i got a tour of the store. They called back and i was offered the job and began the training process. I went to king of prussia for the training, and it was very eventful and informative

Interview Questions

• Name one way youve helped another in a hectic environment   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

Simple and scenario questions. They want to know you can work in a fast pace environment. Customer service is key, so it's a plus if you have a previous customer service experience. Just be yourself and smile, smiling goes a very long way because it customer service oriented. They are also very professional,timely and organized. If you answer the question in a professional manner and think of the customer first, you will get the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nordstrom in October 2014.

Interview

Received e-mail the same day as applied to set up interview process. Went through phone interview than two tests. One on grammar and the other on phone listening skills. Then I went for a walk in interview too.

Interview Questions

• The test was the most difficult. Pay attention and take lots of notes!   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom in July 2014.

Interview

First there was a phone interview. Then I had to take two computer tests and went in for an interview. The first test is to see how well you can multitask and respond to customers. The second test is part of the in person interview. I listened to an employee take six calls. Then I went back for my interview. The interview was discussing my skill levels in customer service, computer skills, previous employers, job duties and how do I handle various situations. I was told that I would hear back from them within a week and it has been a week.

Interview Questions

• The computer tests you on your ability to multitask and how well you respond to customers based on the information they provide you with.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom in January 2014.

Interview

Applied on-line Phone Interview and Schedule Interview Interview

Interview Questions

• Give and example of when you did NOT perform up to your previous managers expectations.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom in November 2013.

Interview

Temporary Seasonal Position at the credit department of the call center. Was contacted by phone for a phone interview. Was asked a series of questions: have I ever shopped at a Nordstrom's, what was my experience, if I had call center experience, tell me an instance where you had to solve a problem without the help of management, give me an example of a time where you couldn't solve a problem at work.

Interview Questions

• An example of a time when you couldn't solve a problem at work.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA) in May 2013.

Interview

I submitted an online application. Within 3 days I was e-mailed with an invitation for a phone interview. The phone interview itself was pretty easy.

Interview Questions

• None really. The questions were customer service related. Something I had expected. "Describe a time when you gave great customer service."   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Francisco, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

Phone interview, one on one interview with the department manager then on the same day I interviewed with the store manager who asked me pretty much the same questions, if everything looks good the will continue with the background check which takes a few days or maybe a week , then you get the job offer phone call

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer   1 Answer
    • If you are flexible regarding schedules   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work at nordstrom?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Sugar Land, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

After applying online I was contacted a couple days later with a phone interview.

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Thousand Oaks, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

It was so easy and pleasant. I applied on line and was responded to on-line for a phone interview. After I passed the phone interview I then was called into a in-store interview. It was nice and two days later I got a call that I had gotten the job.

Interview Questions

• What is your weak attribute   1 Answer

Negotiation

it was fine