Nordstrom

Updated Oct 22, 2014

2.6

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nordstrom in October 2014.

Received e-mail the same day as applied to set up interview process. Went through phone interview than two tests. One on grammar and the other on phone listening skills. Then I went for a walk in interview too.

Interview Questions
  • The test was the most difficult. Pay attention and take lots of notes!   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom in July 2014.

First there was a phone interview. Then I had to take two computer tests and went in for an interview. The first test is to see how well you can multitask and respond to customers. The second test is part of the in person interview. I listened to an employee take six calls. Then I went back for my interview. The interview was discussing my skill levels in customer service, computer skills, previous employers, job duties and how do I handle various situations.
    I was told that I would hear back from them within a week and it has been a week.

Interview Questions
    • The computer tests you on your ability to multitask and how well you respond to customers based on the information they provide you with.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom in January 2014.

Applied on-line
    Phone Interview and Schedule Interview
    Interview

Interview Questions
    • Give and example of when you did NOT perform up to your previous managers expectations.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom in November 2013.

Temporary Seasonal Position at the credit department of the call center. Was contacted by phone for a phone interview. Was asked a series of questions: have I ever shopped at a Nordstrom's, what was my experience, if I had call center experience, tell me an instance where you had to solve a problem without the help of management, give me an example of a time where you couldn't solve a problem at work.

Interview Questions
    • An example of a time when you couldn't solve a problem at work.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom in May 2013.

I submitted an online application. Within 3 days I was e-mailed with an invitation for a phone interview. The phone interview itself was pretty easy.

Interview Questions
    • None really. The questions were customer service related. Something I had expected. "Describe a time when you gave great customer service."   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom in August 2012.

After applying online I was contacted a couple days later with a phone interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nordstrom in August 2012.

It was so easy and pleasant. I applied on line and was responded to on-line for a phone interview. After I passed the phone interview I then was called into a in-store interview. It was nice and two days later I got a call that I had gotten the job.

it was fine

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Old Westbury, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Old Westbury, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom in July 2012.

Applied online got an email the same day asking to schedule a phone interview, the next day got a call from HR asking me a few customer service question then she asked to to come in the following week for a group interview, went dress very professional. you get to meet all the managers of the store they tell you about themselves & how they got in the company etc, then you get a chance to interview with 3 of the departments you would like to work in they ask you more customer service questions just like the phone interview they are VERY BIG on customer service, after meeting with them they tell you they will contact you in 5-7 business days. On the 7th business day i got a call from the department manager that i 1st interview for & she offered me the job starting me at 13.25 and the rest is history.

Interview Questions
    • tell us one time when you dealt with a difficult customer & how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    it Was No Negotiation I Was Told I Was Getting Paid 13.25

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom in July 2011.

I applied online, and within a week or two, I was contacted by HR and asked to set up a phone interview. After my phone interview, I was contacted within days to set up an in-person interview. I met with the HR manager, as well as two department managers about open positions. I was contacted within another few days to set up my third and final interview. I was then contacted the day after my third interview, and was offered a full time position.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe your experience with gaining customer or client loyalty.   View Answer
    There was no room to negotiate, as I was going to be paid on a commission basis.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Covina, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Covina, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nordstrom in June 2011.

applied on line, completed phone interview, was told to wait for reply by u.s. postal service. waiting!