Nordstrom

Getting the Interview

13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Nordstrom in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied on-line
Phone Interview and Schedule Interview
Interview

Interview Question – Give and example of when you did NOT perform up to your previous managers expectations.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Nordstrom in November 2013.

Interview Details – Temporary Seasonal Position at the credit department of the call center. Was contacted by phone for a phone interview. Was asked a series of questions: have I ever shopped at a Nordstrom's, what was my experience, if I had call center experience, tell me an instance where you had to solve a problem without the help of management, give me an example of a time where you couldn't solve a problem at work.

Interview Question – An example of a time when you couldn't solve a problem at work.   Answer Question

Bloomington, MN

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Nordstrom in July 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online, and within a week or two, I was contacted by HR and asked to set up a phone interview. After my phone interview, I was contacted within days to set up an in-person interview. I met with the HR manager, as well as two department managers about open positions. I was contacted within another few days to set up my third and final interview. I was then contacted the day after my third interview, and was offered a full time position.

Interview Question – Please describe your experience with gaining customer or client loyalty.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no room to negotiate, as I was going to be paid on a commission basis.

Very Easy Interview

Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Nordstrom in August 2012.

Interview Details – It was so easy and pleasant. I applied on line and was responded to on-line for a phone interview. After I passed the phone interview I then was called into a in-store interview. It was nice and two days later I got a call that I had gotten the job.

Interview Question – What is your weak attribute   View Answer

Negotiation Details – it was fine

Sugar Land, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Nordstrom in August 2012.

Interview Details – After applying online I was contacted a couple days later with a phone interview.

Interview Question – What are your strengths?   Answer Question

Old Westbury, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nordstrom in July 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online got an email the same day asking to schedule a phone interview, the next day got a call from HR asking me a few customer service question then she asked to to come in the following week for a group interview, went dress very professional. you get to meet all the managers of the store they tell you about themselves & how they got in the company etc, then you get a chance to interview with 3 of the departments you would like to work in they ask you more customer service questions just like the phone interview they are VERY BIG on customer service, after meeting with them they tell you they will contact you in 5-7 business days. On the 7th business day i got a call from the department manager that i 1st interview for & she offered me the job starting me at 13.25 and the rest is history.

Interview Question – tell us one time when you dealt with a difficult customer & how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – it Was No Negotiation I Was Told I Was Getting Paid 13.25

West Covina, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Nordstrom in June 2011.

Interview Details – applied on line, completed phone interview, was told to wait for reply by u.s. postal service. waiting!

Littleton, CO

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Nordstrom in March 2011.

Interview Details – I will have to say that Nordstrom's hiring process is very quick and efficient. I applied online and two days later I received an email invitation to have an initial phone interview. I then went online and picked a date which was two days out and had my phone interview. The lady that called me was very nice and professional. Her questions consisted of "Why do you want to work for Nordstroms?" "Where would you like to see yourself in 5 years?" "What is your availability?". Of course I accepted a date for a formal interview. I met with a few other candidates at the customer service area. All of the existing employees were very friendly and asked and shook all of or hands. We were then led to a room with chairs with pamphlets and had a seat. All of the current managers introduced themselves very friendly and shared their individual experiences with the company. We then watched a short video explaining the background of the company and current employee experiences. It was very pleasant to watch. I could feel the positivity coming from everyone in the room as well as from the video! After the video we then all went and had interviews with two Dept managers in two different settings. The questions were all very clear and formal! make sure that you have exact experiences relating to the position your applying for and shine! They may ask you what dept you are looking to work in.. just because you applied for a certain position online doesn't mean that is the one you will get! so be prepared! Also, I would highly recommend dressing to impress at the interview. Nordstroms is a fashion store! have fun and stand out! i know i was fierce! :o) Anyways I am shocked to have read some of the negative responses in the other section from employees who have worked there. I am excited and enthusiastic to be apart of the company and cant wait to start! and who doesn't love having a discount! woohoo! All in all..be yourself..do your research...be positive and have fun..and they will see that!

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Regular FT/Employee

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Nordstrom in January 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview consisting of background, employment history, why you want to work there.

1:1 interview was more core values of customer service

Customer Service Representative

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Nordstrom in October 2010.

Interview Details – Got a phone interview two days after applied online. Basic questions like why do you want to work here and what's your strength-weaknesses. Scheduled for the face-to-face interview right after the phone conversation. The actual interview went well with all 3 managers. More in-depth questions that you need to be prepared before you went in like: explain the situation when you handled difficult customers..etc

Interviews for Top Jobs at Nordstrom

Worked for Nordstrom? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nordstrom Customer Service Representative interview questions and advice. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by Nordstrom employees and interview candidates.