Nordstrom

Nordstrom Customer Service Specialist Interview Questions

2.2

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom.

Applied online and got a e-mail to schedule a phone interview the next day. Two days later the HR called me but I missed the call. Had to reschedule it 3 days later and had the phone interview. Very easy and short just asked a couple questions about why nordstrom and how I feel about customer service. After the phone interview I recieved a multitasking test that took about an hour to take. The next day the HR lady called and said I passed the test and scheduled a person interview in seattle. Met the manager and took another test and passed. He then asked me questions and offered me the position on the spot. However I had to wait for several weeks for HR to clear my background information.

Interview Questions
  • When was the last time I gave excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom in October 2013.

Applied online, received an email that gave a link to choose a date and time for a phone interview (the usual screening questions that lasted about 10 minutes). Immediately after the phone interview, I was emailed a link to an assessment test which touched on multitasking, listening, and writing. Then, I was emailed to provide more information so that they could run a background check. The next day, I was emailed to schedule an onsite interview. The onsite interview consisted of the same assessment test (again, heavily relied on multitasking, listening, and writing), listening in on actual real time customer calls, the tour of the call center, and finally, the questions. The questions that my interviewer asked of me were mainly in regards to my work experience, my availability, and how do I handle stress/pressure.
    Two days later, I was given the offer for the position in which I was given the date of orientation, an option for when to start the 3 paid week of training, as well as an option of which shift to take.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle stress/pressure?
      Tell me a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.
      Tell me a time when you handled stress.
      Why do you want to work at Nordstrom?

Answer Question
    No negotiation. Was presented the same pay during the phone interview and again in the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nordstrom in October 2013.

I applied online and received an email a day later asking for a phone interview. The phone interview lasted less than ten minutes and I was asked for an in person interview the following afternoon. Went in for a one-on-one interview where I took a skills test (if i could write a professional email), toured the office, and then interviewed with a recruiter. It was all very casual and comfortable. The interview questions were standard--no curve balls.

The pay was too low.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom in October 2013.

Phone interview - It was while I was in the car and unprepared but generally quite easy.

Interview Questions
    I had an offer over the telephone. It was easy and was a "job hopper's" dream come true. No problems with extensive previous work history. My impression is that as desperate as companies are to hire for call centers, they aren't too picky and you can get by with stretching dates, using dead supervisors, ones who don't work for a company any more, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom in September 2013.

I applied online for this position and received an email invitation to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was fairly short and was following by about a 45 minute online test. I was called in for an additional interview on site, where I took an additional 45 minute test, followed by a tour of the call center, a review of some of the calls and about an hour for interview. The interview took roughly three hours. I received a notice to fill out information for a background check and references, and received a call back a week later with the job offer.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about my fashion sense. Maybe this is normal for the industry, considering I come from a telecom background, but I was a little taken aback considering the job title. Maybe if I was customer facing or a buyer, but I dress well for interviews, so I wasn't sure where the interviewer was going with this question. I don't believe that this was company policy, but the male interviewer repeatedly asked if I had any major life changing plans in the near future ie was I pregnant or planning on having children. I know its an unlawful question, and I was surprised at the interviewer.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiating room. I was to accept the offer as is or not take it. Reviews are on an annual basis, so the there is little opportunity for a pay raise review.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom in February 2013.

I applied online from out of state. I stated that I was relocating myself and would be in town for a week and could do my interview then. The training class days would work with my moving date but I believe I was not called back because I didnt already live in the area.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your most difficult customer experience and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question