Nordstrom

27 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cosmetic Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom in January 2015.

I put in an online application one evening and the very next day got an email to set up a phone interview. Did phone interview and was asked to come in for an interview in exactly two weeks.
    Fast forward two weeks, I get there and the lady interviewing me wasn't friendly at all. She was quick and to the point, which is understandable, but at the same time, I want to feel comfortable In a workplace. Anyways, the interview was going well until she asked my availability and I let her know that I work in a spa on weekends and that I would need notice to work Friday and Saturdays so that I could get someone to cover for me at the spa I work at. She let me know that she would need me every Saturday and that it wasn't an option to miss. I feel like my time was wasted, since I stated this over the phone interview. The interview was very rushed and overall it was just an uncomfortable experience. It's a bummer because I was really hoping to work for this company since I feel like I could be a great asset here.

Nordstrom Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom in January 2015.

I applied online; received an email a week later. Through the email, you are advised to schedule a date and time to set up a telephone interview. The recruiter was very nice, the duration of the call was 15-30 minutes. She asked 5 questions (listed below). After she's completed that portion, she asks you know if you are interested in coming in for an sctual interview. I initially accepted, then called back to cancel.

Interview Questions
    • Why Nordstrom?

Tell me about a time you delt with conflict and how did you solve the issue?

Tell me about a time you delt with conflict and DID NOT resolve the issue? -What steps did you take?

Has your work performance ever been compared to your co-workers? (Explain)

Why is customer service important?

Answer Question

Conflict in schedule.

BP Shoes Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom.

I interviewed with a very fashionable and direct manager and assistant. I sold my self and described my knowledge of the brand. The primary focus was on customer service. No one is unattractive who works here, so look the part and show your personality. I was contacted within 48hrs for immediate hire.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom in November 2014.

I had one phone interview, which was a very brief affair and lasted approximately 3-4 minutes. I was then asked to fill in an online questionnaire. Shortly after I received a call asking me to come into the store for a "proper" interview. I then had two in-store interviews. One with the department manager, and one with the store manager. The interviewers were all very nice, friendly and seemed genuinely interested in learning more about me. All in all a very positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were the ones you would usually expect for this type of positions.   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom in October 2014.

Very well spent interviewing process with manager Justin. He was very informative and let me know what it would take to Recieve and do my job fully. I see big things happening for me with this company :)

Interview Questions
    • Why would you wanna work for NORDSTROM?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hurst, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hurst, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nordstrom in April 2014.

I applied online and within 20 minutes I got an email asking me to set an appointment for a phone interview. I was of course nervous (I've never had a job before, and this is NORDSTROM), so I came on here and looked at all of the questions you guys were asked, wrote them down and studied it hard to make sure I didn't sound like I was a bad candidate. The phone interview was brief, about ten minutes. Asked how I would handle difficult customers, what skills I thought fit the position.
    At the end of the ten minutes she set me for an interview on the following Monday!
    I interviewed with two gentlemen at the same time, one was a sales person and the other was a manager. They were both extremely nice and I felt comfortable right away! They asked typical questions you would expect, many of which I saw on here. It didn't last long, maybe 15 minutes. Then I got a tour of the department I would be working in (Kids wear!). They were very thorough and showed me the back rooms, how things were organized, and were very informative. I thought it went great!
    After not hearing anything on Tuesday I thought for sure they would hire someone else, but as I was walking home from volunteering at the Library on Wednesday, I got a call and was offered the job!
    I start training on Saturday!

Interview Questions
    • They were pretty standard. For me the difficult questions were the ones asking about handling past customers and such, since I had to try to find real-world applications without any work experience.   Answer Question

Retail Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DFW, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in DFW, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom in March 2014.

1. Phone Interview - General interview questions
    2. In-Store interview - Due to a scheduling mixup, my group interview became a one-on-one interview. HR manager was great and very easy to talk to. Took about 10 days after my in person interview to receive an offer.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation - I was offered the store and department I was hoping for.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Nordstrom.

I first applied online and sent my resume. When you apply online you also take a short personality test. Be sure to take your time on this and really think about the answers. This is the first thing they use to weed people out. Once you past the online application, they will send you an email asking to set up a phone interview. The phone interview last about 30 minutes. It was someone from the Nordstrom Seattle Headquarters. It was basic questions, just trying to get to know you. They will ask you why you want to work for Nordstrom. They asked me to give them examples of a time I showed leadership skills, what my favorite designer was. Once you past the phone interview, they will email you and tell you the date of your in person interview. It was just a one on one interview with the human resource manager of one of the Nordstroms in Dallas. She asked me similar questions as the phone interview. They ask you about your previous work experience.

Interview Questions
    • During the in person interview she asked me to sell her something I was wearing.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom in February 2014.

I applied for the internship through the company website. This is how you apply for all the jobs at Nordstrom. After the cut off date I received a phone interview. While on my phone interview we set up a time where I would come and do a interview in the galleria office in dallas. although said it was a group interview it was really individual because we all went into private room to talk with HR

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was explaining how you would handle a competitive workplace while still maintaining relationships with you coworkers   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase

Savvy-Trend Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nordstrom in January 2014.

Applied to Nordstrom online, called to speak to the manager as one of the employees told me to. She allowed me to know that if the shoes fits basically they would get back with me. I got an email saying I got the interview. This all happened within a week.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was unusual. It was really fast and the manager seemed to not care about my answers. As I answered, barely she'd finish answering the question for me. Typically questions. How would you handle a difficult situation, pros/cons of yourself, etc. She also mad be pick an outfit out. She told me she'd call me on Monday, I interviewed on a Friday. She called me late that Monday and told me I got the job. I realized the interview process was so brief because I figure she knew she was already going to hire me. It was very easy, practice does always make perfect though.   Answer Question