Nordstrom Interview Questions in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX

2.4

23 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Tailor/Fitter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Nordstrom in October 2014.

Be careful. I got a call to interview from the department head. He seemed to be beating around the bush about specific job responsibilities but wanted me to come in ASAP to interview. After asking some very direct questions I found out that even though the ad HR put out was for a full time tailor, the position available was for a part time non-sewing receptionist job, earning substantially less per hour. My submitted resume did not include any qualifications for that position yet they still thought I'd be a good candidate. What a waste of their time and mine.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hurst, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hurst, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nordstrom in April 2014.

I applied online and within 20 minutes I got an email asking me to set an appointment for a phone interview. I was of course nervous (I've never had a job before, and this is NORDSTROM), so I came on here and looked at all of the questions you guys were asked, wrote them down and studied it hard to make sure I didn't sound like I was a bad candidate. The phone interview was brief, about ten minutes. Asked how I would handle difficult customers, what skills I thought fit the position.
    At the end of the ten minutes she set me for an interview on the following Monday!
    I interviewed with two gentlemen at the same time, one was a sales person and the other was a manager. They were both extremely nice and I felt comfortable right away! They asked typical questions you would expect, many of which I saw on here. It didn't last long, maybe 15 minutes. Then I got a tour of the department I would be working in (Kids wear!). They were very thorough and showed me the back rooms, how things were organized, and were very informative. I thought it went great!
    After not hearing anything on Tuesday I thought for sure they would hire someone else, but as I was walking home from volunteering at the Library on Wednesday, I got a call and was offered the job!
    I start training on Saturday!

Interview Questions
    • They were pretty standard. For me the difficult questions were the ones asking about handling past customers and such, since I had to try to find real-world applications without any work experience.   Answer Question

Retail Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DFW, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in DFW, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom in March 2014.

1. Phone Interview - General interview questions
    2. In-Store interview - Due to a scheduling mixup, my group interview became a one-on-one interview. HR manager was great and very easy to talk to. Took about 10 days after my in person interview to receive an offer.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation - I was offered the store and department I was hoping for.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Nordstrom.

I first applied online and sent my resume. When you apply online you also take a short personality test. Be sure to take your time on this and really think about the answers. This is the first thing they use to weed people out. Once you past the online application, they will send you an email asking to set up a phone interview. The phone interview last about 30 minutes. It was someone from the Nordstrom Seattle Headquarters. It was basic questions, just trying to get to know you. They will ask you why you want to work for Nordstrom. They asked me to give them examples of a time I showed leadership skills, what my favorite designer was. Once you past the phone interview, they will email you and tell you the date of your in person interview. It was just a one on one interview with the human resource manager of one of the Nordstroms in Dallas. She asked me similar questions as the phone interview. They ask you about your previous work experience.

Interview Questions
    • During the in person interview she asked me to sell her something I was wearing.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom in February 2014.

I applied for the internship through the company website. This is how you apply for all the jobs at Nordstrom. After the cut off date I received a phone interview. While on my phone interview we set up a time where I would come and do a interview in the galleria office in dallas. although said it was a group interview it was really individual because we all went into private room to talk with HR

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was explaining how you would handle a competitive workplace while still maintaining relationships with you coworkers   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase

Savvy-Trend Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nordstrom in January 2014.

Applied to Nordstrom online, called to speak to the manager as one of the employees told me to. She allowed me to know that if the shoes fits basically they would get back with me. I got an email saying I got the interview. This all happened within a week.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was unusual. It was really fast and the manager seemed to not care about my answers. As I answered, barely she'd finish answering the question for me. Typically questions. How would you handle a difficult situation, pros/cons of yourself, etc. She also mad be pick an outfit out. She told me she'd call me on Monday, I interviewed on a Friday. She called me late that Monday and told me I got the job. I realized the interview process was so brief because I figure she knew she was already going to hire me. It was very easy, practice does always make perfect though.   Answer Question

Salesperson Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nordstrom in December 2013.

After applying, I received a phone call from the human resources department of the store that I applied at. I was asked basic interview questions (tell me about yourself, what interests you about Nordstrom, etc.) After the phone interview I received an email inviting me to a face-to-face interview. When I came in I was first interviewed by human resources. I was asked similar questions to the phone interview, but I did get some more difficult questions going over what qualities I possess and why I would be a good fit. I was also asked about past experiences and situations and how I handled them. After that interview, I was then immediately interviewed by the department manager of the department that I applied for. The manager asked me similar questions initially but then proceeded to ask me about fashion and how it affects my life. Then I was asked about why I applied for that specific department and then I was given hypothetical scenarios that involved using my selling skills and customer service knowledge. After that interview, I waited in the room alone for a few minutes until the department manager came back in and offered me the job right at that moment.

Interview Questions
    • I had a yellow folder with my resume in it during the interview. I was asked about what I would do to sell someone that folder. And once I answered I was asked about what I would do to ensure that I close the sale.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Nordstrom in November 2013.

The interview process was short and sweet and to the point. I interviewed with HR first and then both accessories department managers.

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom in June 2013.

Very professional and fun.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation took place.

Makeup Artistry Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom in May 2013.

I got a call about two weeks after I applied online. I then had one interview with the department manager and then got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Name your favorite product and sell it to me right now. go!   View Answer
    none. everyone starts at the same pay,