Nordstrom

Updated Feb 24, 2015
Updated Feb 24, 2015

2.8

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom.

Nordstrom set me up with an online interview which was followed up with an in store interview with HR and a department manager. During the interview I was asked basic interview questions, and was asked to sell a manager a product on the spot. Two weeks later I received a phone call letting my know I had been offered the internship.

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom.

Applied online. First interview was a video where you record yourself. It was not as hard as I thought it would be. The practice questions given were harder than the actual given ones.

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom.

Sent in resume and was emailed back in two days to do video interview. It is a 20 minute interview that you send in with your answers. It was difficult to practice because you were not interacting with anyone so it was a little impersonal.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Nordstrom in February 2015.

Video interview, very awkward. Was efficient though. They emailed me back the same day for an in person interview. Seems like a good palace to intern. I choose it because of the location (5minutes from my house) I would look around more before settling for this one though.

Intern Interview

There were two interviews. Since I was away at school I was able to do the interviews over the phone. They asked me a series of questions about myself and my experience. They questioned me on what I was able to bring to Nordstrom with my experience and skills.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you were a leader and you failed. How did you learn from it?   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom.

Applied for the summer internship program for sales. I applied online and was contacted within a week to set up a phone interview. I was then sent to a site to schedule a interview within a two hour time slot which they would call me in. Time slot was from 12:00-2:00pm and I was not called until 1:58pm, which I understand is still in the time window, but it was a little off putting. I was asked VERY basic questions, and asked a little about my job experience. Very short interview, took about 5 minutes. Seemed very interested on the phone, but I got an email the next day saying I wouldn't move on in the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Describe leadership experience, strengths, weaknesses, your favorite designers.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Phone interview was short and easy take about 10 minutes, and the second interview was in the downtown Seattle office. I had three interviewer who take turn to ask questions. the second part of the second interview was mock selling. I was nervous because I didn't have any retail experience, but the personal stylist was very friendly and nice guided me to answer her questions.

Interview Questions
    • they are very simple and easy questions like leadership example and how to take care of angry customers. Mock selling might the most difficult part for the second interview   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom.

I applied online. I received a call a few weeks after words to schedule a on phone interview. There is a system where you can schedule and reschedule your appointments. I received the call, the interview was very mono toned. It sounded like she was reading off a script. It was terrible.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about working for commission? Describe a team leader situation.   Answer Question

Phone Interview then In-person interview

Intern Interview

Standard Questions- Commission Based. They will want to know your passion to drive sales and that you are willing to do anything to make the day. They judge you on your appearance and will make you feel like you have total control of the experience.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask you questions about your past work experience and how you deal with stressful situations. They will ask you to sell something on the spot and how you feel selling credit cards.   Answer Question