Nordstrom Intern Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2015
Updated Apr 13, 2015

2.9

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

The interview process was very professional. I went through two interviews, one that was a little more casual and quick and the next more lengthy and in-depth. Since I could not meet with the interview team face to face for my second interview because I was in college, they were accommodating and allowed me to have a phone interview which they assured me would not sway their decision one way or another.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Did a short video interview of about 8 questions. Very basic questions. Received an email the next day for an in-person interview. Interview two weeks later. There was a panel interview with equally basic questions.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom in March 2015.

Interview

I had applied for this internship in 2014, between my junior and senior year of college and was sent a rejection email within a few days. I applied again in 2015 after gaining relevant work experience and was so excited to receive an email from them after completing the online application saying that they wanted to know more about me!

The next step in the interview process was to complete a video interview through the website Hirevue. This was something I had never heard of before, as there is no one on the other end of the video. It's just you recording your answers to a set of pre-determined questions. I extensively prepared for this interview with the help of glass door and the interview questions that people had posted which were super helpful! In hindsight I definitely over prepared for this first round interview. It was 9 questions, and 3 of them were things like "what university do you attend, what do you study, when are you graduating?" and "Will you be available for the entirety of the summer?" The other questions were things like "Why Nordstrom?" and "Describe a leadership role." Took around 20 minutes. I had technical difficulties at the start that sort of threw me off my game for a second, but it ended up being fine! Also the time allotted for each question seemed a little goofy, like for the "why Nordstrom" question you only had one minute to answer but for the "anything else you'd like us to know" question they gave you 3 minutes.

The following day I was invited to be a part of an in-person interview at the location I was applying to.However, I was an out of state applicant so I called the HR department of the Nordstrom I wanted to work at and they were more than willing to conduct a phone interview with me. I was worried that this would lessen my chances of getting the internship but everything ended up okay because they offered me the position!

The phone interview was more difficult, and lasted about 40 minutes. Again, I had extensively prepared with the help of glassdoor and had an answer ready for almost every question the HR lady asked me. The most difficult part for me was when they got into specific selling questions like "what do you do if someone is on the fence about a sale?" because I have never worked a retail job. The phone interview ended and she informed me that she'd let me know by the end of next week what their decision would be. On the last possible day of the following week, late one Friday evening (after I'd already accepted that they wouldn't be hiring me since I hadn't heard form them) I got a phone call from the same woman who interviewed me who said that they would love to offer me the position.

Overall, a really pleasant interview experience and I am super excited!

Interview Questions

• How would you sell someone a pair of jeans?
      Tell us about a time you set a goal and did not succeed.

Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nordstrom (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online and then was contacted by email to do a short video recording interview. After that was emailed again saying they wanted to set up a phone interview and gave me two date options (about a month away).

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Nordstrom set me up with an online interview which was followed up with an in store interview with HR and a department manager. During the interview I was asked basic interview questions, and was asked to sell a manager a product on the spot. Two weeks later I received a phone call letting my know I had been offered the internship.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Applied online. First interview was a video where you record yourself. It was not as hard as I thought it would be. The practice questions given were harder than the actual given ones.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Sent in resume and was emailed back in two days to do video interview. It is a 20 minute interview that you send in with your answers. It was difficult to practice because you were not interacting with anyone so it was a little impersonal.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Nordstrom (Palo Alto, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Video interview, very awkward. Was efficient though. They emailed me back the same day for an in person interview. Seems like a good palace to intern. I choose it because of the location (5minutes from my house) I would look around more before settling for this one though.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nordstrom (Palo Alto, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

A video recorded interview after first round of acceptances. Then a phone interview with someone in HR. After all of this then finally a Skype or in person interview with Store Manager. The process was long and drawn out but, worth it in the end.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Nordstrom as opposed to anywhere else?   Answer Question
    • How do you feel about commission based sales?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

There were two interviews. Since I was away at school I was able to do the interviews over the phone. They asked me a series of questions about myself and my experience. They questioned me on what I was able to bring to Nordstrom with my experience and skills.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you were a leader and you failed. How did you learn from it?   Answer Question