Nordstrom Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jun 11, 2015

2.9

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

The interview process was very professional. I went through two interviews, one that was a little more casual and quick and the next more lengthy and in-depth. Since I could not meet with the interview team face to face for my second interview because I was in college, they were accommodating and allowed me to have a phone interview which they assured me would not sway their decision one way or another.

Interview Questions

• Where do you get your fashion inspiration?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Applied online in March, 2015, then received an video interview within a week where you video tape yourself. basic questions. simple not that hard. just don't be nervous. Two month later a in-person interview but I'm not in that state so I changed to an phone interview.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you had to take a leadership role?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom in April 2015.

Interview

First step was a interview over video where you record yourself answering prerecorded questions.
    Next round asked to meet in person, but since i couldn't make it we did a 30 minute phone interview

Interview Questions

• Lots of behavioral based questions. How you feel about commission. Lots of team related questions. How you would make a customer go through with a sale. Asked how you keep up with fashion trends. Followed by what social media accounts you follow, any designers, famous actors etc.. Asked to pick one item and sell the interviewers on it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Did a short video interview of about 8 questions. Very basic questions. Received an email the next day for an in-person interview. Interview two weeks later. There was a panel interview with equally basic questions.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom in March 2015.

Interview

I had applied for this internship in 2014, between my junior and senior year of college and was sent a rejection email within a few days. I applied again in 2015 after gaining relevant work experience and was so excited to receive an email from them after completing the online application saying that they wanted to know more about me!

The next step in the interview process was to complete a video interview through the website Hirevue. This was something I had never heard of before, as there is no one on the other end of the video. It's just you recording your answers to a set of pre-determined questions. I extensively prepared for this interview with the help of glass door and the interview questions that people had posted which were super helpful! In hindsight I definitely over prepared for this first round interview. It was 9 questions, and 3 of them were things like "what university do you attend, what do you study, when are you graduating?" and "Will you be available for the entirety of the summer?" The other questions were things like "Why Nordstrom?" and "Describe a leadership role." Took around 20 minutes. I had technical difficulties at the start that sort of threw me off my game for a second, but it ended up being fine! Also the time allotted for each question seemed a little goofy, like for the "why Nordstrom" question you only had one minute to answer but for the "anything else you'd like us to know" question they gave you 3 minutes.

The following day I was invited to be a part of an in-person interview at the location I was applying to.However, I was an out of state applicant so I called the HR department of the Nordstrom I wanted to work at and they were more than willing to conduct a phone interview with me. I was worried that this would lessen my chances of getting the internship but everything ended up okay because they offered me the position!

The phone interview was more difficult, and lasted about 40 minutes. Again, I had extensively prepared with the help of glassdoor and had an answer ready for almost every question the HR lady asked me. The most difficult part for me was when they got into specific selling questions like "what do you do if someone is on the fence about a sale?" because I have never worked a retail job. The phone interview ended and she informed me that she'd let me know by the end of next week what their decision would be. On the last possible day of the following week, late one Friday evening (after I'd already accepted that they wouldn't be hiring me since I hadn't heard form them) I got a phone call from the same woman who interviewed me who said that they would love to offer me the position.

Overall, a really pleasant interview experience and I am super excited!

Interview Questions

• How would you sell someone a pair of jeans?
      Tell us about a time you set a goal and did not succeed.

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nordstrom (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online and then was contacted by email to do a short video recording interview. After that was emailed again saying they wanted to set up a phone interview and gave me two date options (about a month away).

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Nordstrom set me up with an online interview which was followed up with an in store interview with HR and a department manager. During the interview I was asked basic interview questions, and was asked to sell a manager a product on the spot. Two weeks later I received a phone call letting my know I had been offered the internship.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Applied online. First interview was a video where you record yourself. It was not as hard as I thought it would be. The practice questions given were harder than the actual given ones.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Sent in resume and was emailed back in two days to do video interview. It is a 20 minute interview that you send in with your answers. It was difficult to practice because you were not interacting with anyone so it was a little impersonal.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Nordstrom (Palo Alto, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Video interview, very awkward. Was efficient though. They emailed me back the same day for an in person interview. Seems like a good palace to intern. I choose it because of the location (5minutes from my house) I would look around more before settling for this one though.