Nordstrom Internship Interview Questions

Updated May 28, 2015

2.3

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

I got 2 phone interviews and they were rather long. I was suppose to have a in person interview but I wasn't in the same state so they compensated me by conducting another phone interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nordstrom (Riverside, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online, received an email the next day asking me to complete an interview video, completed the video and received a phone call in the next couple of days asking to come in for an interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beachwood, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nordstrom (Beachwood, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

It was a very quick interview, about 20- 25 minutes. The human resource manager and shoe sales person asked the questions and wrote down my responses, but it was mostly the manager that controlled the interview. They were pretty casual and very nice. Answered all my questions and gave me their contact information.

Interview Questions

• Do you consider yourself competitive?
      A time when you failed at something?
      How would you handle an unhappy/angry customer?
      What department are you the most interested in?
      How do you keep up with current fashion trends?
      Had me go out onto the sales floor and role play a situation where a customer was going on a trip to Europe, wanted to just pack a carry on, and didnt want the clothes to wrinkle easily.

Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom in February 2013.

Interview

I had a phone interview, 2 one-on-one interviews, and then was offered the job two weeks later. Best to apply early because they will get to your application first. Be careful with the "personality" questionnaire-be honest and think about what they are asking.

Interview Questions

• Be careful with the "personality" questionnaire-be honest and think about what they are asking. They ask questions such as, where do you see yourself in ten years? Tell me about a time you didn't mean your goal. Tell me about a time you took on a leadership role. Do you think competition is healthy or unhealthy for the workplace? Etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom (Chicago, IL) in February 2011.

Interview

The interviewer was very friendly and easy to talk to. Had lots of information and asked a lot of basic questions to get to know more about me. They asked me to try to sell a product and how I would go about approaching a customer to help them decide on a certain item. Lots of room for me to ask questions about the position.

Interview Questions

• What is good customer service in your eyes?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Nordstrom in March 2010.

Interview

I applied at Nordstrom's online and was contacted maybe a week after. I opted to do the phone interview right then and there, it took about five minutes and was really easy. I set up a one on one interview the following week. The interview ran smoothly. They asked questions like "what do you like about commission?" and "tell me a time...". I ended up getting the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question