Nordstrom

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Internship Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Nordstrom in February 2013.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview, 2 one-on-one interviews, and then was offered the job two weeks later. Best to apply early because they will get to your application first. Be careful with the "personality" questionnaire-be honest and think about what they are asking.

Interview Question – Be careful with the "personality" questionnaire-be honest and think about what they are asking. They ask questions such as, where do you see yourself in ten years? Tell me about a time you didn't mean your goal. Tell me about a time you took on a leadership role. Do you think competition is healthy or unhealthy for the workplace? Etc.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Nordstrom in February 2011.

Interview Details – The interviewer was very friendly and easy to talk to. Had lots of information and asked a lot of basic questions to get to know more about me. They asked me to try to sell a product and how I would go about approaching a customer to help them decide on a certain item. Lots of room for me to ask questions about the position.

Interview Question – What is good customer service in your eyes?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Internship Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Nordstrom in March 2010.

Interview Details – I applied at Nordstrom's online and was contacted maybe a week after. I opted to do the phone interview right then and there, it took about five minutes and was really easy. I set up a one on one interview the following week. The interview ran smoothly. They asked questions like "what do you like about commission?" and "tell me a time...". I ended up getting the job.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Nordstrom

Worked for Nordstrom? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nordstrom Internship interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Nordstrom employees and interview candidates.