Nordstrom Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015
1,522 Interview Reviews

2.5

Commisioned Sales Interview

Interview

Fast, efficient, courteous. From the initial connection made with the HR department, it was less than a month before I was beginning Holiday training.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you want to be a part of the Nordstrom team?   Answer Question

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom (Washington, DC).

Interview

i don't know what to tell you, it was about what you would expect for a part time job to get a discount on clothing. considering my level of experience and education they would know I was not looking for a career at Nordstrom

i decided the small discount was not worth giving up my free time. I thought I could get a better discount on handbags

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom (San Jose, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

Had a phone interview and was called in for two in person interviews

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiation was necessary

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

very limited interview Not very hard at all. They seem to want to seel you on working there. Not very deep or tricky question. It is a very simple process. Don't plan on taxing your brain much.

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Your results are traditionally what determines your eligibility for a leadership position. This is typically a very easy process at this step as you're usually already the candidate in mind for the position open. Questions can be at a minimum - I've found that the fewer questions you're asked, the more likelier the job is already yours. That's one of the great things about this company - the more you vocalize your career goals, the more likely you'll get tapped.

Interview Questions

Interview

I was called for a phone interview, and got called in for a group interview a few days later. I interviewed with a department manager along with about 20 other people. The whole process was intimidating at first, since it was a "group interview." But, as it turned out, it really wasn't a group interview. You sit in a room and wait to be called by the department manager. I felt at ease after discovering we wouldn't be answering in front of other candidates. Waiting now for a call back. Good Luck.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions; what is customer service to you? Name a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer. Why is a sales position ideal for you?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

I applied for a position that was opened in my area. The hiring process took a total of three interviews; a phone interview, an interview with HR and an interview with your potential department manager. They primarily ask you questions about how you've dealt with difficult customers and how you went about handling the situation.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time when you had to deal with a difficult/unsatisfied customer and how did you deal with it.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

asked how i would bring business to the job

not enough money offered

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Applied online and received an e-mail to schedule a phone interview. After the phone interview I was asked to come in for an interview with the dept manager. I was asked to play out a selling situation. Unfortunately I wasn't chosen.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Applied online got called in 2 weeks later. The interview was pretty straight forward,, sales expeirence, favorite fashions, why nordstrom. etc.