Nordstrom Interview Questions

1,532 Interview Reviews

2.5

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Nordstrom (Portland, OR) in May 2013.

Interview

I participated in a Phone interview after applying online after suggestion from Regional Manager, then a wait to hear back that lasted two days, started the following week in new position.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Interview process was mostly straightforward. Apply online, receive a phone call for an interview (usually within a few days to a week), go in for face-to-face interview which consists mostly of experience questions and why do you want to work for Nordstrom and then if qualified you are hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom (San Francisco, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

First called for a phone Interview. Then met at store for second interview. Looked like it was going to be a group interview, but they called each of us one by one. We were taken to a room where we interviewed with one person but everyone else was in the same room interviewing with another person as well. After that interview, I was then called to interview with the head of that store with the manager of the department.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Interview process was fairly simple. The questionnaire online however was the most difficult part. The questions during the interview mostly consisted of scenarios that take place in a retail customer service or sales setting. The questions during the interview also consisted of previous experiences and also explaining strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you provided excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Nordstrom Retail Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got the email to make an appointment of phone interview. During the phone interview, the HR simply asked me when I can go to in person interview. During the in person interview, I feel a bit nervous but the interviewers were nice which relieved me a bit.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you fit in the job? Hypothetical questions of customer service. Which department would you like to work in?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

There was a phone interview, followed by an in-person interview. They are mostly concerned with your integrity and work ethic, since you are paid on commission. During the in-person interview they will ask you to put together a sample outfit for a specific type of customer. They also ask you how you problem solve, and will ask you basic questions that you would expect in an interview like three words to describe yourself and what your biggest weakness is.

Interview Questions

• What is a time you face adversity in your job and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Brand Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom (Nashville, TN) in September 2014.

Interview

Extremely easy, actually. Multiple phone interviews before my actual face-to-face interviews, in which the 3 different managers all asked me the same questions (left hand obviously didn't know what the right hand was doing) but they were all kind and concise. When they called to offer me the position, they were quick with the process and I began the next week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

The process was very simple, easy and quick! I applied on Tuesday night and on a Wednesday afternoon I received a email invitation to do a " video interview" and what that was basically you record you answers to their recorded questions, you have a certain time to answer and you can't go back and re do.... This first interview can seam a little intimidating but is simple and quick, I think I got 5 questions total! Make sure you wear a nice clothes and record you video in a light area where they can see your face, don't forget about the background. On the Thursday I received an invitation via email( again) to do a in person interview. I met the manager dept and assistant manager, they were very friendly and made me feel comfortable, first they showed me the store, then we had the interview, questions were simple ( about my experience, or " tell me when you had a hard time dealing with customer".... Make sure you have your schedule pretty available! Working weekends is a must! Smiles a lot! Eye contact all the time and show confidence in yourself ! That interview was great eve though I was a bit nervous and anxious I felt very comfortable with both managers. Then I had the third and last interview with another manager, and the experience was the same as the other! Warm and Friendly manager, simple questions! The next Monday I received a call from the dep. manager offering me the position! So basically 6 days! :)

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you needed to work with your team and how you achieved positive results   Answer Question

Service Experience Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom (San Diego, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied and a week later was contacted and asked additional questions. Set up in person interview. Was there five minutes early and was given a tour of facilities. Questions seemed pretty straightforward and I interviewed with the person who was going to be my manager- which was nice.

Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom (Denver, CO) in July 2015.

Interview

I interviewed for a position at MAC Cosmetics. After handing out resumes and applications to numerous MAC locations I received a call from a MAC recruiter who asked me to interview at the local MAC Store. After having passed that portion I was asked to complete an interview that would be completely based on my make-up application, my customer service, and my knowledge of products. After having passed that portion I was asked to interview with the counter manager at the MAC counter in Nordstrom. I was then offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for MAC?   1 Answer
    • How would you meet sales goals?   1 Answer