Nordstrom Interview Questions

1,639 Interview Reviews

2.5

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Santa Ana, CA).

Interview

The interview process started with a call from HR asking the standard questions about why I wanted to join the company and what I knew about the company. After the phone interview, I was scheduled to meet with one of the hiring managers for an in person interview. The interview was about one hour.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a decision with little to no direction.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you did something above and beyond for a customer without being told to.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Customer Service Specialist- Work At Home Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Atlanta, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received an interview 3 weeks later. There were two different interviews one over the phone and the other via webcam. Everyone i spoke with was very nice! An hour after my webcam interview I was offered the position. If you have ever worked retail especially at home the interview is very easy.

Interview Questions

• How would troubleshoot a technical problem at home?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to deal with an upset customer and how did you defuse the customer.   Answer Question

Support/Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in July 2015.

Interview

Process took a week. Applied online for a support/admin position and received a call for an interview the day after. Interview was with two managers and took less than 15 minutes. Managers seemed unprofessional as they were rushing through each question and interrupted frequently - also did not know how to answer questions I had.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom in June 2013.

Interview

First, phone interview with HR rep. Second, interview with the manager from the department you choose. Lastly, in the second interview the manager will either hire you on spot or call you back. The interview process is pretty much easy.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Portland, OR) in June 2012.

Interview

quick phone screen. Then interview with department manager that you had applied for. Pretty simple and easy. No background needed, just need to know how to sell and communication skills need to be strong to approach customers and be confident in what you try to sell them. All questions will be behavioral questions and try to answer with anything that has to do with customer service. Customer service is the most important thing to the company and they want to make sure you have the fundamentals down for it.

Salesperson Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Miami, FL).

Interview

Applied and got a phone call within 2 weeks to schedule an in person interview. I only had to do one cause I was referred from a current employee. The interviewer was really upbeat and engaging which made it easier for me.

Selling Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I met with the store manager. As an internal candidate, I found the process relaxed and in a comfortable environment. I was able to converse with the SM, talk about strengths and opportunities (what doesn't stand out on paper or your resume), and hear about that Store Manager's own career path in a very relaxed, converstaional environment. I was an internal candidate, so I had plenty of job experience to talk about in addition to fiiling out results in my current role and past job experiences within the company.

Interview Questions

• What is my biggest contribution to my current team? How did I impact positive results?   1 Answer
    • What are my career goals within the company?   Answer Question
    • How will can you affect a new team/store?   Answer Question
    • What do you stand for as a Department Manager?   Answer Question

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Houston, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

Relatively short, phone interview then in-store interview with probably 10-12 questions, human resources person was friendly and engaging, be prepared for situational questions. I was also given a tour of the department I was applying for and was told to pick out one item from the floor and "sell" it to the interviewer. Intimidating! But confidence is key and make sure you talk about the multiple ways to wear the garment.

Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Dallas, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

Online application, followed by phone interview, followed by one on one. basic questions. the online process has a personality/capability test that is a quick 20 minutes, but can set the tone of how your interview will go, and what position you will obtain so know the company standards before takin git to ensure a successful hire.

Interview Questions

• the 5 year/ biggest challenge basic interview questions. mostly looking to see your human interaction and personality.   1 Answer

Call Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Orange, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I received an email inviting me to a phone interview. The phone interview consisted of questions based on my availability, if I was willing to sit at a desk performing repetitive motion, my customer service experience, situational questions of how I handle multiple tasks at once, etc.. The interviewer told me she would pass my information onto the HR department and then she would get back with me in five business days. I received an email telling me, "We are flattered that you applied to our company, however we have other candidates that we have chosen to go with, etc."

Interview Questions

• What is your availability? Are you willing to work nights and weekends? Are you willing to sit at a desk for the majority time of the day with repetitive motion?   1 Answer