Nordstrom

Updated Mar 2, 2015
1,227 Interview Reviews

2.5

Marketing/PR Corporate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom.

There was an online application and within a day they sent an invitation to complete a video using HireVue. It took about 20 min asking 8 questions giving you 30 seconds to prepare to answer the question given then 3 minutes to answer. Overall the interview was very laid back and easy to complete. I am still waiting to hear back for further steps.

Interview Questions
    • What do you want to get out of this internship? Why Nordstrom? How does your background qualify for this position? What's important to you in the work place?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom.

Applied online. First interview was a video where you record yourself. It was not as hard as I thought it would be. The practice questions given were harder than the actual given ones.

Sales Associate In Women's Apparel Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nordstrom.

First I apply online and you can find out about there openings on their website. A few days later I got an email from Nordstrom for a phone screen for retail sales-women's apparel. After the Phone interview if they like you they can ask you to come in for a one on one interview right away for they might ask you to wait a few days for them to choose.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about commission-based sales? Why do you want to work for Nordstrom?   Answer Question

Accessories Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Anita, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Anita, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom in February 2015.

I applied online on their career section and received an email to schedule a preliminary phone interview within four days. The phone interview was brief, I was asked about four or five questions before being approved. After the phone interview I scheduled to meet with their hiring manager in Human Resources and met in person.

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom.

Sent in resume and was emailed back in two days to do video interview. It is a 20 minute interview that you send in with your answers. It was difficult to practice because you were not interacting with anyone so it was a little impersonal.

Corporate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom.

Got the interview notification a couple days after applying. The first round was a video interview recording answers. There is a deadline to submit the record, but generally very easy to work on with. Not behavioral questions.

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

I applied on snagajob , and i got a email to shedule a on the phone interview they called and i asked very easy normal questions , im currently still waiting on a call back .

Nordstrom Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom in February 2015.

I applied online and then I received an email that told me there is a job interview on Friday and I should tell them that I want to have this interview by email, I did this job immediately and send my agreement by email, but I didnt receive any other notification from them, so I've sent another email to catch up with them, and it was working!
    I've got the job interview dates and hour by email. But 2 days before my interview I receive a phone call from Nordstrom, they tell me that Im gonna have a phone interview on that day and it takes about 35 or 40 minutes and it is really happened .
     I didn't have such exprience, but it would be good if you be ready for that, they don't ask about unpredictable situations, just be yourself and answer their questions carefully, if you don't understand their question, don't be shy and ask them to repeat it again, I do this several times during my phone interview! :)

Retail Management Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom.

I applied through their website. and then a month later received a phone call from a lady from their Seattle office for a 20 min phone interview. I was in the bus on the home but I decided to do the interview anyway. and then after answering the questions she asked I was invited for the second interview right away. Usually the 2nd interview is done in the store that I was applying to but since I am studying in different state, I was scheduled for a phone interview. The lady that did the 2nd interview was an HR person from the store I applied to and she was very very nice and friendly

Interview Questions
    I actually have not accepted it yet, I am still deciding.. but I expect to accept/reject soon.

Sales Associate Interview

Summited resume online and attachment documents. After two weeks I received a response email requesting an in house interview. The Interview had basic questions. Very easy. one-on-one with the manager of the sales section.