Nordstrom Interview Questions

Updated Jul 4, 2015
1,455 Interview Reviews

2.5

Inventory Processor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Phone interview was fairly easy -- basic scenario questions; was asked to come in for a face-to-face the next day. The face-to-face interview included the exact same questions as the phone interview and ended with a tour of where I'd be working.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to take the lead in a group setting.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

phone interview then store interview. met with the manager and then i got a tour of the store. They called back and i was offered the job and began the training process. I went to king of prussia for the training, and it was very eventful and informative

Interview Questions

• Name one way youve helped another in a hectic environment   Answer Question

Work At Home Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nordstrom (Bellevue, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

I submitted my application online and received an email which prompted me to set up a day and time for a phone interview within 24 hours. The email with the scheduling information mentions that you should allow the interviewer 2 hours to contact you, however, my interviewer was very prompt and called me exactly one minute after the time I requested.

The phone interview took about 30 minutes and the questions were largely about work history, typical questions about times that you have provided exceptional customer service, times you've had to deal with challenging customers, why you think you are an ideal candidate for the position, etc. Essentially all of the questions that you would expect to be asked in an interview for any retail or customer service-based position. The one thing to keep in mind is that you should be able to explain why you want to work for Nordstrom specifically - they don't want general stories about why you like retail in general. There are also quite a few questions to make sure you have the technology and environment you would need to set up a quiet and effective at-home customer service center.

If they like you in the phone interview, they will send you an email with two skills tests. One focuses on your writing skills (spelling, grammar, business language, etc.) and the other is to test your ability to multitask effectively. I STRONGLY suggest you take notes throughout this whole process (yes, even the writing test). I messed up on a couple important details that were established at the beginning and believe that those missed details are what cost me the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Ecommerce Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Interview

I was out of the running for the job as soon as I walked in and they saw I was not a 30-something; at that point they had no interest in talking to me. I am a National Award winner at the job I interviewed for, and had every skill set in the application. This is not a customer-facing or storefront position, rather it is eCommerce. So imagine my surprise at their age-ist hiring practices. I had 5 different people, and not one of them would look me in the eye once they came in and met me, and not one of them asked in-depth questions about my experience or what I felt I could do for the team. I had been warned that they were very age discriminatory, but chose to disbelieve it, until my interview. Sad Nordstrom, just...disappointed in your age discrimination.

Interview Questions

• If you could describe yourself in one word what would it be?   Answer Question

Cosmetics Counter Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom (Norfolk, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online and had a phone interview a few days later. Phone interview was short and sweet and I was asked in for a group one on one interview a week later. At the one on one interview we were all divided into our individual rooms by the person heading the department interviewing for. A week later got a call I'd be hearing from the vendor for an interview with them. The following week heard from the vendor but did not have an interview she just went over what I'd expect once I started. The following day (today) got a call back from Nordstrom offering me a position with them.

Interview Questions

• general interview questions. give an example of an angry customer and what you did to calm them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't really negotiate salary I just really want a job been looking in my area over a year now I took the first offer I got :-)

Sale Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The process took roughly 2 weeks. I applied online and got an email scheduling a phone interview the next day. the phone interview was short and simple, they asked 2 basic questions such as why do you want to work for Nordstrom, tell me about a time when you have to go above and beyond. After the phone interview, i was invited to the in-person interview, which was a group interview, and we had to do 2 separated interview within a day. then the next day they contacted to invite me to come to the final interview/

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time when you have to go above and beyond for a customer
      why nordstrom
      what department
      some questions about previous work experience

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nordstrom (Short Hills, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

I got there pretty early so I waited. I was interviewed by 2 people and they were nice and cool. They asked me about 6 questions but they were more concerned with my study in Computer Science. Overall, good interview!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nordstrom (Oakbrook Terrace, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

I found positions available at Nordstrom from a website called Snag a Job. It redirected me to Nordstrom's page that showed the jobs available. I applied for all of the positions I felt I would do well in. About 4 days later I got two responses back. I was rejected for the personal shopper in training and then I was asked to come in and interview for a retail position. They offered me three different time slots to interview in. I actually arrived late to the interview. I thought the interview was at 2:30 but it was at 2. I got there and I checked in at the service counter, they phoned the woman in HR and she come and got me. They were super chill about being late. The lady from HR said that they had me down for 2 and I apologized when I met her in person I apologized again and she said it was no big deal. I was brought to a room in the employees only area and I was seated with about 20 other people who applied to some department in the company. I interviewed with a woman, I believe, decided if I was worth meeting with the assistant manager. She asked me kind of the standard interview questions then I was brought back to the original room and then the assistant manager came and got me and interviewed me. She asked me the same questions and then questions more specific towards the department I had applied to. I then went to the department and did a mock sale. I received a call 3 business days later from the assistant manager offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why Nordstrom?
      Q: Example of when you worked well in a group
      Q: Does working for commission scare you or do you have any concerns?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Just waited a few minutes, lady came then took me inside their offices then to this small conference room and she described the job and then she asked me like six questions.

Interview Questions

• Name one of your work accomplishments, how you accomplished it and how it made you feel.   Answer Question

Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom (Portland, OR) in June 2015.

Interview

The first interview process was a phone interview and it only lasted 5 minutes and was pretty basic. I have an in person interview next week. I had to call back for a question and when I called the HR, the lady that picked up was super helpful and made me feel really good about applying at Nordstrom because it is good to know that they hire good people that are going to do their job and provide a pleasant experience. Customer service is a HUGE thing for this company so when you have your interview, I would try to talk about your experience with customers and make it obvious that your first priority is your customers and providing them with an excellent shopping experience.

Interview Questions

• What is a time where you had a difficult customer and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question