Nordstrom Interview Questions

1,532 Interview Reviews

2.5

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and within the week I received an email stating they would like to do a video interview. The video was easy to do and I was able to use my home computer.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions like why do you want to work here, tell us about a situation in which you provided great customer service. I have a feeling that they wanted to see what I looked like before they wanted to meet me face to face. Once they saw me on the video interview they weren't interested anymore.   Answer Question

At Home Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom (Miami, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied on 6/27 and got an email to set up a phone interview on 7/14 so process took a little over 2 weeks. I did my interview on 7/21. My interviewer was very nice and she explained the job and what's expected as well as the equipment needed for the job. I was asked a few questions and at the end of the call she sent me two assessments that she said would be graded and I would be given a call back with the next steps based on my grades. I will be contacted in the next 2-3 business days.

Interview Questions

• Q: What do you know about the company? Q: What makes you fit for this job? Q: Why do you want to work for Nordstrom? Q: What do you like about working from home? Q: What are some challenges working from home?   Answer Question

Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom (Denver, CO) in July 2015.

Interview

I interviewed for a position at MAC Cosmetics. After handing out resumes and applications to numerous MAC locations I received a call from a MAC recruiter who asked me to interview at the local MAC Store. After having passed that portion I was asked to complete an interview that would be completely based on my make-up application, my customer service, and my knowledge of products. After having passed that portion I was asked to interview with the counter manager at the MAC counter in Nordstrom. I was then offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for MAC?   1 Answer
    • How would you meet sales goals?   1 Answer

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freehold, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Nordstrom (Freehold, NJ).

Interview

Any sales experience? it was very easy and they asked if you had experience selling. Also asked if you're team-oriented. They will be pressure on making your numbers weekly and you will be reviewed. Interview went well

Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Got an invitation for a phone screening after 2+ weeks. After the initial invitation mail, I had to proactively follow up to lock down a date for the first interview which eventually got scheduled one and a half week later. Somehow I became disinterested in the way I had to follow up and schedule the phone screen interview. If I am required to follow up at this stage, I wonder how much bandwidth I would have to allocate to follow up on small tasks at work in Nordstrom. I gave a ridiculous compensation requirement and ended the call.

Interview Questions

• 1. Background 2. List of data tools that I was proficient with. 3. What interested me in the job that motivated me to apply?   Answer Question

Stock Support Team Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

It was a pretty standard interview process. I was contacted by HR to come in for an interview. I thought it went pretty well and they seemed pretty interested in me. Afterwards, they took me on a tour of the departments and after the tour they said they would contact me after a background check. That was 3 days ago so hopefully I will hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of one time you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question
    • What was a difficult problem or challenge you faced and how did you approach it   Answer Question

Loss Prevention Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nordstrom (Boca Raton, FL).

Interview

Interview process involves a quick phone interview. If the phone interview goes well a live interview will follow. The question are all the same, they are a printed set of question management must ask everyone.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Very easy interview. You'll talk to department manager then store manager. They'll ask about yourself and fashion styles. They'll also have you try to sell a basic item to them.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite designer?   1 Answer

Loss Prevention Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

I was recommended by another LP manager for the opening position. First I had a phone interview then I went for the interview. They basically just walked me around the store and talked about the position. About two days later I was offered the job position and starting pay was about 14 an hour as I did not have any experience. Overall experience was good but there are some irritating aspects of the job and management.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

I applied online, then get an email for a phone interview. The questions were very general. Then got an in person interview with the Sales Floor Manager. It is Nordstrom so dress to impress while still being professional. A lot of the questions were geared toward customer service, my previous sales experience, and how I have handled good/bad encounters with customers. They wanted to see that I had the customer as the top of my priority and work to give them the best experience.

Interview Questions

• Pick an item on the sales floor and sell it to me.   Answer Question
    • Have you ever dealt with an upset customer? How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question