Nordstrom Interview Questions

Updated Jul 4, 2015
1,455 Interview Reviews

2.5

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Was a situational-style phone interview for a part time seasonal position I wanted over the winter break. I went through two phone interviews. The questions were vague and gave a lot of room for the interviewee to answer. I was asked about ten questions with the interviewer from human resources transcribing my answers for later reference.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you demonstrated leadership.   1 Answer

Seasonal Inventory Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom (Short Hills, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

After filling out an application online and sending in my resume I was contacted via e-mail that Nordstrom was interested in what they saw on my resume and wanted to do a phone interview. The phone interview takes about 10-15 minutes. I was then asked if I would be interested in coming in for another interview. That interview was almost the same exact questions as the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• These questions are very basic. Whats your availability? Why do you wanna work for Nordstrom? Describe a situation where you had to go above and beyond to help a customer?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

The interview process was very professional. I went through two interviews, one that was a little more casual and quick and the next more lengthy and in-depth. Since I could not meet with the interview team face to face for my second interview because I was in college, they were accommodating and allowed me to have a phone interview which they assured me would not sway their decision one way or another.

Interview Questions

• Where do you get your fashion inspiration?   1 Answer

Seasonal Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was nice and smooth. While we were walking he asked questions about me. He asked me general questions about work and that was pretty much the interview. We discussed salary and attire as well.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw your co worker do something they weren't supposed to do?   1 Answer

Human Resources Manager Interview

Interview

Amazing interview process. Met the HR team and store manager when I entered as an intern and it was extremely energizing and refreshing. I will never forget how professional the interview was, and also how it felt as if I was interviewing for a career and not just a job. I would recommend anyone who is passionate about this industry to give Nordstrom a try.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Easy. Went in for face to face interview and basically reviewed my resume and past experience and was offered the job. There was a phone "screening" that followed for behaviour analysis.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you did something nice for someone without expecting anything in return?   1 Answer

Negotiation

non existent. Was already at the top of the pay tier so was offered the maximum they could offer.

Cafe Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom (Costa Mesa, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online on Thursday April 30th, and heard back as soon as the next day! Interview was fairly simple, nothing out of the ordinary. Offered me a drink ( which was a first), and asked very basic guest and restaurant type questions.
    Still waiting for a response.

Kidswear Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom (Miami, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied in early April, got a call in late April ( it was an interview and I was so tired I was basically babbling stuff on the phone ) She still invited me to come to the store. When I arrived I had to sit with other interviewers to wait my turn. First was the department manager, she asked me about a few things and since I have prior experience I thought the interview and trying to buy her an item was child's play. Then it was meeting the store manager, he was nice and we even started laughing at the interview so I honestly thought I nailed it! I had the interview on Thursday and it's now Wednesday.... Where did I go wrong?..

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Applied online in March, 2015, then received an video interview within a week where you video tape yourself. basic questions. simple not that hard. just don't be nervous. Two month later a in-person interview but I'm not in that state so I changed to an phone interview.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you had to take a leadership role?   Answer Question

Service Experience Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

Had a screening phone call. Met with one HR person the following week. Got a call from HR and met with the HR manager the next week. Standard STAR interviews. Was told that they would get back to me by Wednesday. I followed up on Thursday and finally heard back on Friday afternoon that they decided to fill the position internally. She did ask if I might be interested in any other jobs as she was impressed and thought I would be a great addition to the store. I personally would have trouble working for someone who is poor on following up with others. Someone should be as good as their word and if they aren't able to do what they say they will do then they need to let you know. I declined the offer of another job in sales in Nordstrom.

Interview Questions

• What is one word that you would use to describe yourself?   Answer Question