Nordstrom

Relevance Date Difficulty

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Seasonal Cashier

Interviewed at Nordstrom

Interview Details – Applied online and created a profile. Was contacted by HR and was given an informal phone interview. Then a dept manager called me to set up an in person interview. The in store interview was 2 parts, a verbal with multiple questions and scenarios and then a practical where you go on the sales floor and "sell" product to the interviewer.

Interview Question – The practical was challenging, one of the follow up questions was "How would you close this sale?" You are forced to be quick on your feet.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Retail Sales Associate
Atlanta, GA

I applied online - interviewed at Nordstrom in June 2014.

Interview Details – The process for me started off Rocky, I applied and didn't hear back for about two weeks so I called HR and I was informed she was going through the applications as we speak. So time went on and I didn't hear back so I kept calling and never got any response so I just let it go. So maybe a week after that HR called me and we had a phone interview. A week after that I didn't hear anything so I called back and a manager contacted me two days later. I then had a second phone interview and then was asked to come in for the interview which was on a Thursday. I heard back from Nordstrom Friday and was offered the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – None. Commission only

Visual Stylist Interview

Visual Stylist

Interviewed at Nordstrom

Interview Details – 30 minute interview process, where Visual Manager goes through a series of questions from a handout. Pretty standard questions, and casual conversation between manager and I. Following interview process, walked around store with manager and had to pull 3 looks based on a picked trend. Overall, I had fun!

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to lead a team and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Women's Specialized Manager Interview

Women's Specialized Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview Details – Hiring and interview process is seamless. Ask general questions about your work history and experiences. Excellent customer service is a must. No return policy effects the sales associates pay on any give pay period; never hurting company sales.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when your manager set a goal for you, what did you do, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation of pay.

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

Commissioned Sales Associate
Bloomington, MN

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Nordstrom in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online, and a day later I got a voicemail in which I was offered a phone interview. The phone interview was a pretty standard one, it seemed like a way to weed out non-serious applicants and weirdos. I completed the phone interview that night, and had an in-person interview the next morning. I was offered the job by phone, just four hours after my in-person interview.

Interview Question – How would you handle an angry or upset customer?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation process. The pay is 100% commission.

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied online and interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview Details – Process took about a week and a half. First filled out an app online, then had a phone interview with HR, then an in person interview. The questions were simple and to the point even though I did not have any previous retail experience, I could apply the questions to school.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time in which you didn't achieve a goal.   Answer Question

Inventory Processor/Seasonal Web Fulfillment Interview

Inventory Processor/Seasonal Web Fulfillment

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview Details – I got a phone call and had an impromptu phone interview the day after I applied. It was really out of the blue but lasted no more than 15-20 min. They asked why Nordstrom, when was one time you worked in a team and what was the out come. Really easy questions. Then I had an interview with one of the managers about a week later. They are really looking for people to work for the anniversary sale so the interview was super casual. Just have a good personality and you'll get the job.

Interview Question – Talk about one time your supervisor or manager asked you to do something that was outside of your job description and what did you do.   Answer Question

Fashion Specialist Interview

Fashion Specialist
Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview Details – First, I was called and was given a mini interview over the phone. Second, asked to have an official interview. I was hired, and was paid for training.

Interview Question – If I was diverse???   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was given exactly what I asked.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online - interviewed at Nordstrom in June 2014.

Interview Details – Created account on the website and then applied online for a position. Got an email the next day asking me to chose a phone interview time. I scheduled the next open slot which was about a week later. I scheduled it for 4pm but they only called around 4:45, keep a two hour slot open for your phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 10-15 minutes. They asked about 5-7 questions but nothing hard. Then the lady told me she would like to schedule a in store interview with a manager and asked me what department I was interested in. The in store interview was scheduled for about 4 days later and there was a group of us waiting. Then one by one we each were taking to a different area by the manager or assistant manager of the department we wanted to work in. Then the interview lasted about a half hour.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Nordstorms?   Answer Question
  • Why do you want to work in whatever particular department you applied for?   Answer Question
  • What was a time when you experienced really high expectations and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Retail Sales Associate
Bellevue, WA

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview Details – Disorganized. Disrespectful. Flaky. I applied for the hosiery dept. First there was a phone interview. That went well, they asked me to come in. When I got there they said the hosiery job had been filled but would I like to interview for 4 other departments. I said yes, but none of the department managers were available. I was promised a phone call to reschedule. I have to call 4 times before they got back to me. Finally a manager from yet another department interviewed me.

Interview Question – I was asked if I have children, which is an illegal question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Hourly plus negligible commission.