Nordstrom Interview Questions

Updated Mar 28, 2015
1,259 Interview Reviews

2.5

Corporate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom.

Got the interview notification a couple days after applying. The first round was a video interview recording answers. There is a deadline to submit the record, but generally very easy to work on with. Not behavioral questions.

Nordstrom Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom in February 2015.

I applied online and then I received an email that told me there is a job interview on Friday and I should tell them that I want to have this interview by email, I did this job immediately and send my agreement by email, but I didnt receive any other notification from them, so I've sent another email to catch up with them, and it was working!
    I've got the job interview dates and hour by email. But 2 days before my interview I receive a phone call from Nordstrom, they tell me that Im gonna have a phone interview on that day and it takes about 35 or 40 minutes and it is really happened .
     I didn't have such exprience, but it would be good if you be ready for that, they don't ask about unpredictable situations, just be yourself and answer their questions carefully, if you don't understand their question, don't be shy and ask them to repeat it again, I do this several times during my phone interview! :)

Merchandising and Planning Headquarter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Nordstrom in February 2015.

I applied early December I received an email to record a video interview in the last week in January. They had prerecorded questions, you had 30 seconds to prepare your answer, and then they gave you a certain amount of time to answer. Unfortunately, the timing allotted to questions seemed off and needs reevaluating. Short answer questions got 3 minutes and long answer questions got 1 minute. About 2 weeks later, I received a follow up email asking me to schedule a panel interview at Headquarters. If you weren't local you could do another video interview, however I was, so I did the in person interview. I sat at the head of the table with two other Nordstrom employees. The panel interview had a strict 30 minutes to it. They asked me several questions on different skills that this position requires and how I have used them effectively in my education and work experience. I think if you didn't have training in merchandise acquisition and supply chain management, this interview would be difficult. Then about 3 weeks after my interview I received an email offering me the internship.

Interview Questions
    • What tools do you use to stay up on current trends and get inspiration from? And who is your style icon?   Answer Question

Retail Management Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom.

I applied through their website. and then a month later received a phone call from a lady from their Seattle office for a 20 min phone interview. I was in the bus on the home but I decided to do the interview anyway. and then after answering the questions she asked I was invited for the second interview right away. Usually the 2nd interview is done in the store that I was applying to but since I am studying in different state, I was scheduled for a phone interview. The lady that did the 2nd interview was an HR person from the store I applied to and she was very very nice and friendly

Interview Questions
    I actually have not accepted it yet, I am still deciding.. but I expect to accept/reject soon.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Nordstrom in February 2015.

Video interview, very awkward. Was efficient though. They emailed me back the same day for an in person interview. Seems like a good palace to intern. I choose it because of the location (5minutes from my house) I would look around more before settling for this one though.

Nordstrom Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nordstrom in February 2015.

The interview was very quick about 5-15 min, the questions were fairly easy.The first interview was over the phone, the second one in person and with similar questions.Asked about interactions with customers,if comfortable with commission based pay and why Nordstrom.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom in February 2015.

I applied online and submitted a resume and cover letter and I got a response in like 2 days. I had to do a video interview that is suppose to be 20 minutes. Once I did that I got a response the next day and they asked me to come in for an in person interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clinton Township, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clinton Township, MI

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nordstrom in February 2015.

I applied online through the Nordstrom website. I was contacted about a month later asking me to do a video recorded interview, which was basically watching videos of people asking questions and then recording your responses. Then two weeks later I was told that I was selected to come into the store and do an in person interview. This interview was with the HR director and 3 other department mangers. I was asked a serious of questions from each of them and they were all so friendly and welcoming. One of the department mangers took me on the selling floor and we did a mock sale. Five days after my interview I was offered an internship position.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had a goal you did not meet.
      Describe a time when you were a successful leader.

Answer Question

Inventory Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom in February 2015.

I applied online and it took The process went very well. The environment was friendly and the HR people were also very nice. The questions were simple and straight forward.

Interview Questions
    • How has your former job make you qualified for this position   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom in February 2015.

Applied online. I was contacted soon after for a digital interview. I then received an email saying I had moved on to the in-person interview stage. First part of the in-person interview was a panel interview with three employees - a department manager, and two others. They asked typical behavior questions, specifically about selling. The second part was a selling simulation with a styling manager in which I was told to pick an item from a rack and sell it. I am awaiting a response to see if I am accepted into the internship program.