Nordstrom Interview Questions

2.6

Cosmetics Counter Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Nordstrom in July 2014.

Open interview at 10 am, asked to arrive by 9:50. I arrived at 9:45. We were brought into a room full of tables. Each applicant sat with one or two managers, so make sure to focus on the conversation at hand and do not get distracted by the conversations going on around you. (Very realistic in a retail environment). Spoke with two sales managers of cosmetics, who asked standard questions from a packet, which they filled out. This took about 15 or 20 minutes. Then we went downstairs and did a role play scenario where I had to sell them a product. This lasted an additional 10 minutes. Finally, I was brought upstairs to meet with the Store Manager. Each employee I spoke with gave me their business card, which made Thank You emails very easy. Overall the entire experience lasted 50 minutes from the time I arrived, to the time I left. No offer was extended to me, but I was told I would hear from them in 24-48 hours.

Interview Questions
    • The role play activity was unexpected and so was meeting the store manager. Be prepared for this when interviewing!   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Phone interview was short and easy take about 10 minutes, and the second interview was in the downtown Seattle office. I had three interviewer who take turn to ask questions. the second part of the second interview was mock selling. I was nervous because I didn't have any retail experience, but the personal stylist was very friendly and nice guided me to answer her questions.

Interview Questions
    • they are very simple and easy questions like leadership example and how to take care of angry customers. Mock selling might the most difficult part for the second interview   Answer Question

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Nordstrom.

Applied on line. Not even 2 hours later received an email asking me to set up a phone interview. Scheduled phone interview for next morning. The man who called was extremely pleasant and it was done in 5 minutes. He asked to set up a one-on-one interview in the store. We scheduled for 2 days later. Interviewed with both the department manager and assistant department manager, both of which were very friendly. Received a call 2 hours later offering the position.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were typical customer service "what would you do in this situation". Walk the sales floor and do a "selling activity" to pick an outfit for a given situation. Very simple.   Answer Question
    Did not need to negotiate. Base pay is fair but this is a commissioned based position, the more you sell, the more you make.

Rotating Sales and Support Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Nordstrom.

When I first expressed interest in the position, the manger of HR phoned me to ask a couple of questions and to schedule an interview. After that we were set on a date she asked me questions about my work availability. After the interview she said they would get back to me as soon as possible. After two days she called me back with a job offer. The interview process was very effective in my opinion.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were pretty standard and generic. They asked why nordstrom. When did you ever express great customer sevice. Super standard questions.   Answer Question

Cosmetic Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Nordstrom.

Personality Tests online, two phone interviews, interview with someone from personnel, then offer to interview with Department manger, Then joint interview with Department Manager and vendor, Department manager/vendor/counter manager interview.

This was a very extensive hiring process, yet there are still some employees that have no idea what they are doing!

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if everything you have tried to do for the customer does not calm them down and the customer remains upset?   View Answer

Cosmetics Counter Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Nordstrom in January 2010.

It was pretty quick. The interview was short and to the point and I was offered a job on the spot. I had to provide examples of what I would do in certain sales situations and how I would close a sale. They do insinuate you make your own hours and don't have to work every weekend but that is not necessarily true when you start.

Interview Questions
    • They asked the typical questions regarding the most challenging situation you have ever had to handle and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Applied online. Long questionnaire. One-on-one interview a week later with HR person. Then one week training with 2 other new hires. I got Women's Shoes with best commission in the store- 10%. Probably hardest job in the store though with all of the running around for indecisive women.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you want to leave your current job for this one?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Nordstrom in July 2014.

First there was a phone interview. Then I had to take two computer tests and went in for an interview. The first test is to see how well you can multitask and respond to customers. The second test is part of the in person interview. I listened to an employee take six calls. Then I went back for my interview. The interview was discussing my skill levels in customer service, computer skills, previous employers, job duties and how do I handle various situations.
    I was told that I would hear back from them within a week and it has been a week.

Interview Questions
    • The computer tests you on your ability to multitask and how well you respond to customers based on the information they provide you with.   Answer Question

Sales Associate - Men's Shoes Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tukwila, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nordstrom in June 2014.

It was quite a good experience overall. The lady who interviewed me was pretty nice and see seemed to have liked me. I was not very nervous, so that was good. She tested my abilities by asking me to see her a piece of merchandise. I did my thing, and it went well.

Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salem, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nordstrom in May 2011.

Aplication, HR calls you for phone screening. Next you come in for an interview. If they like you and think you can be a success to the company they will hire.