Nordstrom Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

Updated Jul 23, 2015

2.8

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I submitted my resume and contacted the department manager to set up an interview. She contacted me and I went in to meet her at the scheduled time. We discussed the job and requirements. I had a friend working for the company so I understood the culture of exceeding customer expectations and exceeding sales goals.

Interview Questions

• How would you reach your sales goal?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They explained the commission structure and I accepted the offer.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nordstrom (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online and then was contacted by email to do a short video recording interview. After that was emailed again saying they wanted to set up a phone interview and gave me two date options (about a month away).

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Apply online and HR or the Store Manager will reach out to you to set up an interview. There will be a phone interview and an in-person interview. However, if the store manager needs to hire quickly (during holiday seasons), it may just be a phone interview, so be prepared to give your best at any time.

Interview Questions

• They give you some specifics about the department and ask how you will deal with it. For example, This floor has a million dollar seller, how will you meet their needs while still holding them accountable for tasks on the floor?   Answer Question
    • This department has seen a decrease in (specific department number), what will you do to change that?   Answer Question

Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

You have to apply online in order to get the process started. Their online application questionnaire asked a lot of invasive, unrelated questions like "How much of your education after high school have you paid for yourself?" and "Are you physically active?" which definitely put me off with the company after I applied online. I applied online and got a call a few weeks later, which was difficult. I definitely felt that they wanted me to be overly competitive with coworkers. It is a commission sales job, but the company should be making their employees feel like they want all of their employees to succeed at meeting their sales goals, not fighting each other to stay employed. I told the recruiter I wasn't interested in the position in the phone interview.

Retail Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and submitted a resume and cover letter and I got a response in like 2 days. I had to do a video interview that is suppose to be 20 minutes. Once I did that I got a response the next day and they asked me to come in for an in person interview.

Assistant Specialty Coffee Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

The process started with a phone interview with a recruiter from corporate. From there it took about a week to find out if I would receive a second interview. That interview was located at a location near the one I applied to, with a different store manager. It took about an hour, and it was a pretty casual interview. From there it took another week before being invited for a third (and what I thought was final) interview with the district manager. This interview also included the store manager I had previously interviewed with and an assistant manager who was training. He asked a lot more questions about my work personality and how I approach situations to ensure that he was placing the right people in the right teams. At the end of the interview he mentioned that should I be selected to move on there would be a fourth interview with his boss. Overall, this isn't a job that you should expect to get hired into right away. At the very least the interview process is going to take a month.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question for me was that in the last interview the assistant manager on the interview asked how I would use the resources given to me to improve my job performance in a different way than I had in previous jobs.   1 Answer

Customer Service Experience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

- You either get approved for an interview or disapproved within 2 day sometimes within the hour thru email. - If approvedl the interview is set up by you, whenever your available thru their website. It can be as soon as 3 days. -If you pass the phone interview (10 mins tops) with HR, they schedule you for an in person interview -Takes between 5-7 days. -Interview with a specific dept. manager then switch you to another.(30 mins) - They call within 3 days to let you know if they will offer the job or not. - You'll start as soon as 3-4 days if they hire you. Overall it took about 2 weeks for the whole process.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest accomplishment in your careers thus far? Explain a time you have gone above and beyond to help a customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had an amount already in mind and if they weren't going to meet that i was going to negotiate. Luckily, they hit my target right of the bat. So I'm not sure how it would've been if i did.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

manager liked me so I got the job it was that easy. I just had a phone interview too. As soon as some changes were made I was no longer a favorite.

Negotiation

no starting was $16.00 for visual that is good starting hourly the cap is $23.00, the company has done some cuts so this might change. I am guessing they will pay visual less.

Commissioned Sales Associated Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

First, a phone interview for background info and behavioral screenings. Second you are asked to come in for an in person interview. For my position, I am guessing was a round of hires for summer positions so several managers from several departments were in a room and we rotated a couple times, speaking with different people.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with conflict. For example, a customer comes in demanding a return for something that was not purchased at Nordstrom. What do you do?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nordstrom (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Very easy interview. Applied online and was emailed to schedule a phone interview. Very basic, customer service based interview questions. I was then asked to come in for a one-on-one interview. Still waiting for my one-on-one but very excited.

Interview Questions

• When were you compared to another person and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question