Nordstrom

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate BP Interview

Sales Associate BP
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Nordstrom in April 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and got a call from HR with a quick phone interview asking about my experience, my current/future plans, why Nordstrom, ect. I was then asked to do an in-person interview which involved the standard what would you do in this scenario questions. She then took me onto the sales floor to do a role playing activity which involved selecting a piece of clothing and selling it to a customer. Overall, it was a great interview process and I felt that management and HR really respected me and explained everything thoroughly.

Interview Question – Explain a recent challenge you have faced?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Offered a starting wage plus commission.

Customer Service Experience Interview

Customer Service Experience
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nordstrom in May 2014.

Interview Details – - You either get approved for an interview or disapproved within 2 day sometimes within the hour thru email.
- If approvedl the interview is set up by you, whenever your available thru their website. It can be as soon as 3 days.
-If you pass the phone interview (10 mins tops) with HR, they schedule you for an in person interview
-Takes between 5-7 days.
-Interview with a specific dept. manager then switch you to another.(30 mins)
- They call within 3 days to let you know if they will offer the job or not.
- You'll start as soon as 3-4 days if they hire you.

Overall it took about 2 weeks for the whole process.

Interview Question – What is your greatest accomplishment in your careers thus far?

Explain a time you have gone above and beyond to help a customer.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had an amount already in mind and if they weren't going to meet that i was going to negotiate. Luckily, they hit my target right of the bat. So I'm not sure how it would've been if i did.

Very Easy Interview

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Visual Merchandiser
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview Details – manager liked me so I got the job it was that easy. I just had a phone interview too. As soon as some changes were made I was no longer a favorite.

Negotiation Details – no starting was $16.00 for visual that is good starting hourly the cap is $23.00, the company has done some cuts so this might change. I am guessing they will pay visual less.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Barista Interview

Barista
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Nordstrom in November 2012.

Interview Details – I was referred through a friend that worked at the eBar. I applied online and the manager gave me a call about a month later. I went to visit the store and met with the manager of the eBar. It was a solid interview and not too stressful. I was hired within a week.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was why do you want to work here? I just said that I wanted to work for a progressive company and enjoy the sales business. Nordies is known for the excellent customer service and great sales experience. I think the key is to say that you want to be there for a long term period.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Since I did not have any experience in working with coffee, they offered my 9 an hour. I accepted because I did not have any other job and needed something to get by. I ended up learning a lot and enjoyed my time working there. I am considering to reapply and work there again since I got laid off from my last job.

Commissioned Sales Associated Interview

Commissioned Sales Associated
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview Details – First, a phone interview for background info and behavioral screenings.
Second you are asked to come in for an in person interview. For my position, I am guessing was a round of hires for summer positions so several managers from several departments were in a room and we rotated a couple times, speaking with different people.

Interview Question – How do you deal with conflict. For example, a customer comes in demanding a return for something that was not purchased at Nordstrom. What do you do?   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Nordstrom in June 2013.

Interview Details – Very easy interview. Applied online and was emailed to schedule a phone interview. Very basic, customer service based interview questions. I was then asked to come in for a one-on-one interview. Still waiting for my one-on-one but very excited.

Interview Question – When were you compared to another person and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Seller Interview

Seller
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nordstrom in October 2010.

Interview Details – easiest to apply online then if interested HR will conduct a phone interview, if passed an in person interview is arranged

Interview Question – what is the most important element to reach comapny goals?   View Answer

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview Details – Submitted an online application and was called within a week by HR. Conducted a short interview, mostly personality based questions and then offered an in-person interview with both HR and department manager.

Interview Question – What was a time you did not achieve a goal and what did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation - just asked if I would accept the offer.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Nordstrom in June 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online, next was the phone interview. Then, the interview with the Department Manager, the lastly with the Store Manager/ or HR person.

Interview Question – Questions puts you on your toes, but you have provided great customer service in the past and a good employee, then you should do fine. Smile, as well.   Answer Question

Cosmetics Counter Manager Interview

Cosmetics Counter Manager
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nordstrom in February 2012.

Interview Details – Quick, easy, applied on line , saw an opening for cosmetics did all the initial process from home, then Nordstrom called me within 2 weeks, scheduled me for an interview, and then a second interview and I got hired.

Interview Question – What did I think of micromanage   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Easy and they were very accessible.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Nordstrom? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nordstrom interview questions and advice in Los Angeles, CA. All 20 interview reviews posted anonymously by Nordstrom employees and interview candidates.