Nordstrom Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

2.7

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Experience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom in May 2014.

- You either get approved for an interview or disapproved within 2 day sometimes within the hour thru email.
    - If approvedl the interview is set up by you, whenever your available thru their website. It can be as soon as 3 days.
    -If you pass the phone interview (10 mins tops) with HR, they schedule you for an in person interview
    -Takes between 5-7 days.
    -Interview with a specific dept. manager then switch you to another.(30 mins)
    - They call within 3 days to let you know if they will offer the job or not.
    - You'll start as soon as 3-4 days if they hire you.

Overall it took about 2 weeks for the whole process.

Interview Questions
    • What is your greatest accomplishment in your careers thus far?

Explain a time you have gone above and beyond to help a customer.
        Answer Question
    I had an amount already in mind and if they weren't going to meet that i was going to negotiate. Luckily, they hit my target right of the bat. So I'm not sure how it would've been if i did.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom.

manager liked me so I got the job it was that easy. I just had a phone interview too. As soon as some changes were made I was no longer a favorite.

no starting was $16.00 for visual that is good starting hourly the cap is $23.00, the company has done some cuts so this might change. I am guessing they will pay visual less.

Commissioned Sales Associated Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom.

First, a phone interview for background info and behavioral screenings.
    Second you are asked to come in for an in person interview. For my position, I am guessing was a round of hires for summer positions so several managers from several departments were in a room and we rotated a couple times, speaking with different people.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with conflict. For example, a customer comes in demanding a return for something that was not purchased at Nordstrom. What do you do?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nordstrom in June 2013.

Very easy interview. Applied online and was emailed to schedule a phone interview. Very basic, customer service based interview questions. I was then asked to come in for a one-on-one interview. Still waiting for my one-on-one but very excited.

Interview Questions
    • When were you compared to another person and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Nordstrom.

Submitted an online application and was called within a week by HR. Conducted a short interview, mostly personality based questions and then offered an in-person interview with both HR and department manager.

Interview Questions
    • What was a time you did not achieve a goal and what did you do?   Answer Question
    No negotiation - just asked if I would accept the offer.

Sales Associate BP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nordstrom in April 2013.

Applied online and got a call from HR with a quick phone interview asking about my experience, my current/future plans, why Nordstrom, ect. I was then asked to do an in-person interview which involved the standard what would you do in this scenario questions. She then took me onto the sales floor to do a role playing activity which involved selecting a piece of clothing and selling it to a customer. Overall, it was a great interview process and I felt that management and HR really respected me and explained everything thoroughly.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Offered a starting wage plus commission.

Retail Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Nordstrom's hiring process is extremely user friendly and fast-paced. I applied online, had a phone interview the next day, and was in interviewing within the next couple days. I found out I got the internship the following day. Nordstrom prides themselves on an efficient hiring process, not just because turnover is so high within the system, but also to not drag along the candidate.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewing process was easy- just about competition, leadership and selling skills, and talking basically about yourself. Pretty easy to do that!   Answer Question
    Internship positions have little negotiations.

Cosmetics Make Up Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Nordstrom.

I was hired by Nordstrom initially as Christmas help. I had a great interview, meaning the manager I interviewed with was interesting, asked relevant questions and hired me based on my experience. After Christmas, I was recruited to stay on full time with Nordstrom. Working at Nordstrom is a great experience. Department managers I have worked with have all been supportive, smart, and really good at what they do. I have interviewed at 2 different times and found the managers to be consistently good and fair and supportive to the people in their department. If you like fashion, have style, enjoy people and are motivated to make and exceed your quota, you will like working at Nordstrom.

Interview Questions
    • I did not experience a difficult question during this interview. The interview was very straightforward, which I appreciated. It made me want to work for Nordstrom. The more difficult part comes when you interview with a particular cosmetics line(if you are in cosmetics). The interview with these companies are usually less straightforward, more difficult as I hate to say, but cosmetics managers are usually overworked and not in touch as much with day to day life. They work ridiculously hard for medium salary. My experience is that they make up for this by acting very above everyone. I found this to be true with almost all of the lines I ended up working for (three in total).   Answer Question
    Yes, I was. Hourly plus commission in the cosmetics department. The salary/commission is split between Nordstrom and the particular cosmetic line you are representing. You actually have to be interviewed by both companies.

Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom in November 2012.

I was referred through a friend that worked at the eBar. I applied online and the manager gave me a call about a month later. I went to visit the store and met with the manager of the eBar. It was a solid interview and not too stressful. I was hired within a week.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was why do you want to work here? I just said that I wanted to work for a progressive company and enjoy the sales business. Nordies is known for the excellent customer service and great sales experience. I think the key is to say that you want to be there for a long term period.   Answer Question
    Since I did not have any experience in working with coffee, they offered my 9 an hour. I accepted because I did not have any other job and needed something to get by. I ended up learning a lot and enjoyed my time working there. I am considering to reapply and work there again since I got laid off from my last job.

Cosmetics Counter Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom in February 2012.

Quick, easy, applied on line , saw an opening for cosmetics did all the initial process from home, then Nordstrom called me within 2 weeks, scheduled me for an interview, and then a second interview and I got hired.

Interview Questions
    Easy and they were very accessible.