Nordstrom Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.6

Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Irvine, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview: After creating my profile and applying to jobs on their career website I got an email asking to schedule a phone screening for one of the positions that I applied for. I scheduled the interview using their website and they called me right on the dot that day and time. the interview was with an HR representative, very short about 10 minutes long, she tells me she will pass my information on to the cosmetics department manager. I get an email 30 minutes later asking me to electronically sign some paperwork for this position. Still awaiting another response, i hear it takes 24-72 hours.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I submitted my resume and contacted the department manager to set up an interview. She contacted me and I went in to meet her at the scheduled time. We discussed the job and requirements. I had a friend working for the company so I understood the culture of exceeding customer expectations and exceeding sales goals.

Interview Questions

• How would you reach your sales goal?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They explained the commission structure and I accepted the offer.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Costa Mesa, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

1 week after applying, I had a group interview at Nordstrom in Costa Mesa. I met with HR and manager of one department, along with two other candidates. The interview lasted about an hour, and consisted of standard situational questions about previous customer service experience. Then we did a short sales pitch using some randomly selected pieces of clothing. I heard back with my offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• How has competition affected your performance in work in the past?   Answer Question

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mission Viejo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Mission Viejo, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

easy process. I applied online and then had a phone interview that lasted about five minutes. At the end of the phone interview she asked me to come in for an in person interview. Interviewer asked about the same questions as on the phone and it only took about ten minutes. I was called two days later saying I got the job.

Interview Questions

• explain a time you went above and beyond for a customer or a coworker.   Answer Question

Cafe Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Costa Mesa, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online on Thursday April 30th, and heard back as soon as the next day! Interview was fairly simple, nothing out of the ordinary. Offered me a drink ( which was a first), and asked very basic guest and restaurant type questions. Still waiting for a response.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arcadia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Arcadia, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interview- very simples less then 5 minutes In person with HR- simple and easy probably 15 minutes Interview with manager-I'm actually still waiting to go through this portion I'm still in the process of the last interview however I've had such a great experience with the whole process so far

Interview Questions

• What's my availability? Why Nordstrom? What department? Tell me what is good customer service? They were all very basic and anyone could answer them   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redondo Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Redondo Beach, CA).

Interview

I applied online for the Cerritos location. I got called for an interview about 2 days later from the assistant manager from the South Bay Galleria. I scheduled an interview for the next week.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I handled customer situations at my previous jobs. I.was asked to sell my handbag.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiating. You make commission only.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Costa Mesa, CA).

Interview

It was a fairly standard interview process. After applying, I received a phone call asking them when I would be available for an interview. Once you get there, you meet with someone up front in their human resource department and wait to speak with the manager of whatever department you applied for. I worked for this company multiple times and one time for a different department I also had to have an interview with the Human Resources manager as well. Overall, it was a pretty common interview experience.

Interview Questions

• On a scale of 1-10, 10 being the highest, how aggressive are you?   Answer Question

Retail Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cerritos, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Cerritos, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Went well. Received an email to do an online interview. Once that was done about a week later I received another email to do an in person interview. Interviewee was very attentive and super sweet!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your self. Tell me a situation where you had to be a leader and how did you achieve it. How do you make the same person to come back to you and not anyone else.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Costa Mesa, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

first I filled out and online personality quiz/survey, had a phone call interview, then had a 1 on 1 in person interview. overall the interview process was very easy. I first applied for another position before which I didn't get but the manager of that department recommended me for this position.

Interview Questions

• when was a time you had to deal with a customer issue and how did you deal with it   Answer Question