Nordstrom Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

2.7

70 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Experience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom in May 2014.

- You either get approved for an interview or disapproved within 2 day sometimes within the hour thru email.
    - If approvedl the interview is set up by you, whenever your available thru their website. It can be as soon as 3 days.
    -If you pass the phone interview (10 mins tops) with HR, they schedule you for an in person interview
    -Takes between 5-7 days.
    -Interview with a specific dept. manager then switch you to another.(30 mins)
    - They call within 3 days to let you know if they will offer the job or not.
    - You'll start as soon as 3-4 days if they hire you.

Overall it took about 2 weeks for the whole process.

Interview Questions
    • What is your greatest accomplishment in your careers thus far?

Explain a time you have gone above and beyond to help a customer.
        Answer Question
    I had an amount already in mind and if they weren't going to meet that i was going to negotiate. Luckily, they hit my target right of the bat. So I'm not sure how it would've been if i did.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom.

I applied online. I got a phone call from HR doing a quick preliminary interview. I was asked to come in for an interview quickly after that. My interview took place with someone from HR and then a department assistant manager came in and interviewed me as well. I received a phone call from the manager within 3 days offering me the job.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom.

manager liked me so I got the job it was that easy. I just had a phone interview too. As soon as some changes were made I was no longer a favorite.

no starting was $16.00 for visual that is good starting hourly the cap is $23.00, the company has done some cuts so this might change. I am guessing they will pay visual less.

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom in November 2013.

Easy to meet the hiring manager, friendly and immediate.

Interview Questions
    • There was no problem or bad experience. But when wanting to lateral to another area after season was over, I was asked to contact a different manager. We spoke and she said that she would call me back but never did. Very unprofessional after the interaction we had while I was there.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Inventory Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom in November 2013.

Group interview,
    Easy they don't expect much from you

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you were working with a group, what was your role and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Cosmetic Resident Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brea, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brea, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nordstrom.

I was called by HR to interview on a Friday. I showed up and there were 7 othe people waiting to be interviewed. We were put into a room and called individually into another room where 4 interviewers were interviewing. It was a10-15 min process asking why nordstrom? Tell us about yourself after that we we're put back into the room and waited again for second interview they switched us around with the interviewers more questions asked similar like first interview only re-worded differently. After that your done they said they would let us know by following week.

Interview Questions
    • Typical interview questions mostly relating with commission and selling.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

Applied online
    Received a call a week later and scheduled a phone interview.
    Was contacted a week after the phone interview to schedule an in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me of a time when you went above & beyond to meet a customer's needs"   Answer Question

Commissioned Sales Associated Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom.

First, a phone interview for background info and behavioral screenings.
    Second you are asked to come in for an in person interview. For my position, I am guessing was a round of hires for summer positions so several managers from several departments were in a room and we rotated a couple times, speaking with different people.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with conflict. For example, a customer comes in demanding a return for something that was not purchased at Nordstrom. What do you do?   Answer Question

MAC Freelance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redondo Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redondo Beach, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom.

Applied online and given a phone interview. It should of been automated.

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nordstrom.

I applied online the next morning I got an email to set up a phone interview, had a 10 min phone interview the next day that consisted of personality & costumer service questions..got a call back for a one on one interview with HR two days later. In my 2nd interview i was asked about my work experience. Got a call back the next day to interview with the chefs the next day, final interview i was asked about my work experience and felt like they wanted to get to know me as a chef and about my work ethic.... 3 days later got a call back and was offered the position. ****NO DRUG TEST*****

Interview Questions
    • 1-Create a dish.........2-What was your biggest accomplishment so far?, 3-why do you want to work for Nordstroms?   Answer Question