Nordstrom Loss Prevention Agent Interview Questions

Updated Nov 14, 2014
Updated Nov 14, 2014

2.6

Loss Prevention Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2014.

Interview

I was contacted within a day or two of submitting my initial application for this company. They called me two days after my application submission, and set up a formal in person interview. The manager was on time to my interview and the interview itself lasted about 20-30 minutes. After the interview, I then was contacted by human resources to come back for a second interview to meet with human resources three days later. I was asked the same basic questions in both interviews. After the second interview, I was then contacted two days after and offered the full time Loss Prevention Service Ambassador position. I started working the following Tuesday, which is the day they have their new hire employee orientation.

Interview Questions

• Has there ever been a time where you witnessed a fellow employee find money on the ground and kept it for themselves rather than turning it in to lost and found or human resource? If so, please explain how you would approach the employee and ask them about the money.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Loss Prevention Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

I had a series of phone interviews; first with the Loss Prevention Manager at the store level, then with a Regional Loss Prevention trainer. The interviews consisted of several questions regarding past work experiences and how you may react to certain situations. It is pretty in depth and you've got to think on your feet. After that, I had a face-to-face with the Manager. After a background check and the Manager speaking to my references, I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a series of questions about handling certain shoplift and emergency situations. Having never worked loss prevention, knowing if I was answering correctly was difficult. I just had to use common sense.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was asked what salary I thought I should get. I answered 13/hr based off of Glassdoor reviews. I was started at 12.75 (if I remember correctly). I had no experience so, it made sense.

Loss Prevention Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom in October 2013.

Interview

Hiring went father quickly, after speaking to the LPM for a phone interview. I then went in for a formal interview with LPM and investigator which was followed up with a offer the next day. From application to employment was about two weeks.

Interview Questions

• All average questions, i also had a few years experience.   Answer Question

Loss Prevention Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom (Anaheim, CA).

Interview

Applied online. Was called to schedule a phone interview days later. Had the phone interview which was short. Simple "getting to know you" questions and brief description of the job/pay etc. Was called a few days later to schedule an in person interview. In person interview is kind of like the phone interview, but with scenarios and personality questions. Was called maybe a week and half later by Regional and had a short phone interview. After about another week and half, was called again with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Basic personality or common interview questions. Also a series of questions about legalities and scenarios, so be prepared.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Asked what I made at current job, was offered a rate. I was told from the start the pay was between XX amount and XX amount.

Loss Prevention Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom (Miami, FL) in August 2010.

Interview

I interviewed with the regional Loss Prevention manager, but since I don't have LP experience they decided I would be better in Customer Service/Communications so I interviewed with that manager. It was easy and pleasant and for the first time I didn't feel nervous during an interview. A couple days later they called and I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• What was a situation in which you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a difficult situation with a customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was told a completely different rate of pay than the one I started at. It was still pretty good so I didn't feel the need to negotiate.

Loss Prevention Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nordstrom (Natick, MA) in April 2009.

Interview

I talked with the Manager and her boss and that was about it. I had no LP training and I did not think I would get the job but I gave it my best and I got the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I could not negotiate I needed a job I had no training in LP they gave me a number I said yes.

Loss Prevention Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom in March 2010.

Interview

Applied online, received an answer 2 days later. First interview was over the phone, basic questions. Was given a second interview, face to face with HR manager and Department manager. Was told I would get a call back within 3 weeks. Never heard from them.