Nordstrom Loss Prevention Agent Interview Questions & Reviews

5 interviews

2.4

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Loss Prevention Agent Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Nordstrom.

I had a series of phone interviews; first with the Loss Prevention Manager at the store level, then with a Regional Loss Prevention trainer. The interviews consisted of several questions regarding past work experiences and how you may react to certain situations. It is pretty in depth and you've got to think on your feet. After that, I had a face-to-face with the Manager. After a background check and the Manager speaking to my references, I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked a series of questions about handling certain shoplift and emergency situations. Having never worked loss prevention, knowing if I was answering correctly was difficult. I just had to use common sense.   Answer Question
I was asked what salary I thought I should get. I answered 13/hr based off of Glassdoor reviews. I was started at 12.75 (if I remember correctly). I had no experience so, it made sense.

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Anaheim, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Nordstrom.

Applied online. Was called to schedule a phone interview days later. Had the phone interview which was short. Simple "getting to know you" questions and brief description of the job/pay etc. Was called a few days later to schedule an in person interview. In person interview is kind of like the phone interview, but with scenarios and personality questions. Was called maybe a week and half later by Regional and had a short phone interview. After about another week and half, was called again with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Basic personality or common interview questions. Also a series of questions about legalities and scenarios, so be prepared.   Answer Question
    Asked what I made at current job, was offered a rate. I was told from the start the pay was between XX amount and XX amount.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Nordstrom in August 2010.

I interviewed with the regional Loss Prevention manager, but since I don't have LP experience they decided I would be better in Customer Service/Communications so I interviewed with that manager. It was easy and pleasant and for the first time I didn't feel nervous during an interview. A couple days later they called and I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions
    • What was a situation in which you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a difficult situation with a customer?   Answer Question
    I was told a completely different rate of pay than the one I started at. It was still pretty good so I didn't feel the need to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Natick, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Nordstrom in April 2009.

I talked with the Manager and her boss and that was about it. I had no LP training and I did not think I would get the job but I gave it my best and I got the job.

Interview Questions
    I could not negotiate I needed a job I had no training in LP they gave me a number I said yes.

Loss Prevention Agent Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Nordstrom in March 2010.

Applied online, received an answer 2 days later. First interview was over the phone, basic questions. Was given a second interview, face to face with HR manager and Department manager. Was told I would get a call back within 3 weeks. Never heard from them.

Worked for Nordstrom? Contribute to the Community!