Nordstrom Makeup Artist Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Makeup Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nordstrom in March 2009.

I had initially interviewed at another Nordstrom location, and wasn't offered the position at the counter I applied for there. When a position came available at the location in Palo Alto, I was notified and invited to come interview for it. I was interviewed by the department manager, and he was very amiable. He asked questions such as "what do you like about cosmetics sales?" "what lines are you familiar with?" he also spoke to the degree of customer service that would be expected from me at Nordstrom (if you don't know their customer service is legendary.) It was about 15 minutes in length and very relaxed I felt like I was talking to a friend, not being judged. The next day I was called and offered the position.

Interview Questions
I didn't need to negotiate because the rate of pay I was offered exceeded what I had requested by $2.

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Makeup Artist Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom in April 2012.

After I applied I recieved an email within a week saying they wanted to schedule a phone interview. The interview was scheduled for the same week. She asked basic quesions like what my experience was in relation to makeup, explain a difficult situation I have resolved and what I knew about Nordstroms...we talked for about 20 minutes. She said she would call me back if she wanted to schedule an inperson interview. She called me back three days later to schedule the in person interview for the following week. She asked many of the same questions as the over the phone interview and wrote notes of my answers and asked me to verify what she had written was correct. The entire thing lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most rewarding thing about working in sales?   View Answer