Nordstrom

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate Interview

Palm Beach Gardens, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nordstrom in May 2011.

Interview Details – It was quick and easy from the HR to the manager of the department of interest back to the HR to meet the Store Manager to a hiring date

Sportswear Interview

Palm Beach Gardens, FL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Nordstrom in September 2013.

Interview Details – I put in an app online and received an email the next day offering to set up a phone interview. I set up the date/time for the phone interview online. On the day of the phone interview she called at the correct time. The phone interview went very well and the interviewer was very polite. She just asked the standard "tell me a time when...." type of retail questions. At the end of the phone interview, I was offered to come in for a in-person interview. The in-person interview was with the department manager. He basically repeated the same questions, then gave me a tour of the department. The most tricky part is when he told me to walk around the department and pick out something and list the reasons he should purchase it. After the interview, he told me he still had other candidates to interview and he would get back to me "in three days, but probably sooner". Got a call back on the forth day explaining they went with someone with more experience. I found this weird, because my friends sister got a job there (different dept.), at 19, without any prior experience. I have over 5 years of experience in retail sales.

Interview Questions

• paraphrasing "Go walk around the dept. and pick out something that just stands out to you, then give me three reasons to buy it if I am hesitant on purchasing it"
    I found this question difficult, because he didn't give me the reasons why he would be hesitant on purchasing it, even when I asked. He came across as slightly unprepared for this part of the interview.
      Answer Question
  • "Where did you park"
    While I didn't find this question difficult, I found it very unusual. After I answered, he replied with "Oh"
      Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Palm Beach Gardens, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Nordstrom in May 2011.

Interview Details – I applied for the position of Sales Associate on the Nordstrom website. After this, I got called almost right away and invited for an interview with the HR assistant. She asked me basic questions such as:

-Why do you want to work at Nordstrom?
-Explain a situation where you had to go above and beyond your duty?
-How do you manage stress on the job?

She also asked me questions about myself, what I thought of Nordstrom and about my previous work experience.

After this, apparently I was approved, because she brought out the manager of the ***department, she interviewed me, asked me pretty much the same questions. After this, she showed me around the salesfloor, and told me I would be contacted the next day. They called me, told me I was hired, and that was it!

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There is none at Nordstrom. Everyone is on a 100% commission basis, if you don't make enough commission then they will pay you $9.00 an hour.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Nordstrom? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nordstrom interview questions and advice in Palm Beach Gardens, FL. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Nordstrom employees and interview candidates.