Nordstrom Interview Questions in Paramus, NJ

Updated Jun 1, 2015

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom (Paramus, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call within the week. It was a short phone interview and if they like you, they will schedule an in person interview. To be honest, I think they are going to schedule you anyway no matter how you answer the questions. They only do inperson-interviews for certain departments on certain weekdays. My pick was either a Tuesday or Thursday. I picked an interview date 2 weeks out. If you really want this job, just wear head to toe from what you can buy from Nordstroms. So I show up and I met with a department manager. I guess with whoever's department manager you're interviewing with, if they like you, then you'll be under them. The offices are like a college campus, completely not matching the sales floor look. Anyway, she followed an interview manual and asked me 7 easy questions. She hand wrote everyone of my answers. They said they will need 1 week to decide. But I got a phone call 1 day later and got an offer. I think I was the only one they interviewed.

Interview Questions

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Nordstrom (Paramus, NJ) in June 2009.

Interview

You have to fill out the application online initially, they will communicate back to you via snail mail re: whether a position that fits your skill set is available. It's better if you visit the department that you are interested in working in and ask to speak to a manager directly. My interview consisted of a short 1 on 1 discussion which included questions regarding what I thought were the current important trends and who my style icons were. Then I had to go around the store and pull clothing and accessories to style a woman who fit a given demographic and psychographic profile.

Interview Questions

• Who are your style icons?   Answer Question
    • How would you incorporate one of the current trends into the outfit you're wearing right now?   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A