Nordstrom Part Time Sales Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

3.5

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Nordstrom in August 2010.

I submited my application online, and I met with an HR rep for the first round interview. I then met with the manager of the department I was to work in for a "Sales test" on how I would sell products she chose to a client. The department manager hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions
  • Why are you interested in this position since you have a college degree?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Nordstrom in December 2013.

Applied online for Cosmetics Sales Associate position. Got a call back the next day for an interview. Met with the cosmetics department manager and it was the most difficult interview ever. I've had interviews at Nordstrom before and was a rehire so I thought I had an idea of what they would ask but I felt as if I was interviewing for a job way more difficult than retail sales. It was over an hour and she asked about 20-30 questions.

Interview Questions
    • Pick at product to sell to me. Why did you pick this product? Tell me 3 things about this product. What would you say to a customer who had reservations about this product.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Costa Mesa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Nordstrom in February 2013.

Went through 2 interviews. I was first contacted by human resources and had a phone interview which was followed by an interview with the department manager of the department you wished to work in. Once you interview with the department manager there is a good change of getting the job.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation when you had to overcome a challenging obstacle?   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Spoke to a manager about any possible openings. They got my name and number and called me to set up an interview.

Interview Questions
    • Being taken down to the sales floor and being told to sell the manager an item.   Answer Question

Worked for Nordstrom? Contribute to the Community!